F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Digital speed display incorrect
ARMA SPEED

01-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Digital speed display incorrect

My car was recently updated to I-Step level F020-13-11-502 while at the dealers. I've since put back my coding settings, but I've noticed that the digital speed display (BC_DIGITAL_V) is 1 mph lower than the set speed when I activate cruise or the speed limiter (C_SLD_Funktion). E.G. if I set the cruise control to 70 mph the digital speed shows as 69mph.

I know it's a trivial thing, but they all used to show the same speed until this last update and it just bugs me.

Has anyone noticed this, and is there a setting that can be coded to adjust the calibration so that they show the same speed again?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

There's a setting on E90 to change whether the digital speed display shows same speed as the speedo or actual speed, don't know if it's on F30 or not but worth a try. Here's the line from the E90 spreadsheet:

Digital Speed Value KOMBI BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR If set to nicht_aktiv, digital speed will give true car speed (not speedometer speed). If set to aktiv, digital speed will be same as speedometer.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

I coded mine to show the actual speed versus same as speedo, but I am having the same issue as the OP... It didn't happen though until after I coded the correction..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
TonyS
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
There's a setting on E90 to change whether the digital speed display shows same speed as the speedo or actual speed, don't know if it's on F30 or not but worth a try. Here's the line from the E90 spreadsheet:

Digital Speed Value KOMBI BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR If set to nicht_aktiv, digital speed will give true car speed (not speedometer speed). If set to aktiv, digital speed will be same as speedometer.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Strange that it's only started since the last dealer software update though.

I did think of mentioning it to the dealer as the car is going in on Monday anyway, but then I thought that I'm not supposed to have digital speed display so they'd probably refuse to even look at it
Appreciate 0