F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW Connect Drive
GetBMWParts

01-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
Essam-Badwee
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i 2013 Luxury

Unhappy BMW Connect Drive

HI
Happy new year.
I have BMW 328i 2013 Luxury,i have the advanced Bluetooth and Navigator system but the menu not contain the Connect drive so i can't see the apps .
Is it possible to be added?

Last edited by Essam-Badwee; 01-05-2014 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
It's possible but you will need a BMW FSC Activation code for the 6NR option. I believe bimmerretrofit and bimmer-tech sells them for anywhere from $349 - $500 and this includes remote coding.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #3
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essam-Badwee View Post
HI
Happy new year.
I have BMW 328i 2013 Luxury,i have the advanced Bluetooth and Navigator system but the menu not contain the Connect drive so i can't see the apps .
Is it possible to be added?
It's possible you need to buy the Fsc code for BMW apps and code your car for connected drive . PM Shawn Sheridan for a source for the FSC code. Also is it 320 or 328 your profile says 320 while post says 328

Also visit our egypt f30 thread in Africa section

Last edited by Ouzzo; 01-06-2014 at 03:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
Essam-Badwee
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
It's possible you need to buy the Fsc code for BMW apps and code your car for connected drive . PM Shawn Sheridan for a source for the FSC code. Also is it 320 or 328 your profile says 320 while post says 328

Hi Ouzzo,
Thanks for the reply.
It is 328I 2013
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
Essam-Badwee
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post

How i can buy it ?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
Essam-Badwee
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
How i can buy it ?
this was the reply from BMW

Your vehicle is equipped with options SA 609 and SA 6NK.

We are talking about deferent options which technically are described below:

The vehicle’s already installed equipment.

Option SA 609 : BMW Navigation System Professional.
- Route planning by individually defined criteria, dynamic route planning with due provision made for current traffic news possible, on-board computer with extended functionality (distance from destination, estimated time of arrival, etc.)
- Parallel display of the basic on-board computer data by split-screen viewing mode.
- Fixed 8.8" display with 1280x480 pixels resolution, arrow pointers, map display north-up, heading-up and perspective view.
- Hard-disc-supported system including 12 GB memory for music data.
- Control of the navigation functions by voice control possible “Arabic language processing is not possible”.
- USB interface for saving and backing up entertainment files on the hard-disc.

Option SA 6NK: Connectivity, Bluetooth and USB devices.
- Wireless connection for compatible Bluetooth mobile phones (see www.bmw.com/bluetooth) with the vehicle, including hands-free facility.

- Expansion by separate snap-in adapter (available through BMW Parts and Accessories) for charging function and connection to external aerial possible.

- Enables convenient connection of an MP3 player, Apple iPod or USB memory stick in the vehicle. Operation by equipment-dependent controls (I Drive controller, favorites buttons, multifunction for steering wheel or voice control) of the vehicle.

- Utilization of the voice control system possible only in combination with Multifunctional steering wheel

- BMW Office application, View organizer data from the customer's mobile phone on the Control Display by selecting 'Office' from the menu.

- Extended functionality of USB Sticks and iPhone / iPod devices.

- View contact photos from the address book of the customer's mobile phone on the Control Display.

- Bluetooth audio streaming.

- At any given time, 2 mobile phone and one audio player can be paired via Bluetooth.

- View album covers.

- Driver update for multimedia and telephony via USB interface.

The needed option retrofit.

Option SA 6NR : BMW Connected Drive.
The Connected Drive facility enables iPhone/iPod Touch applications to be integrated into the vehicle. This includes the use of Web-based services such as Facebook, Twitter, and Internet radio, and communication between vehicle and iPhone/iPod Touch.
Options SA609 and SA 6NF is mandatory in such case for completing the retrofit facility.

The mandatory option which is not existing in the vehicle.

Option SA 6NF : Extended connectivity for music players.
Convenient integration of iPhone3, iPhone3 GS or iPhone4 by means of separately snap-in adapter “no connection with USB cable”, with such facility you can simply push the mobile phone into the snap-in adapter which in return carry the needed data with another USB hub installed in the vehicles main wiring harness.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Hi Ouzzo,
Thanks for the reply.
It is 328I 2013
I have the same car and was able to add BMW apps. Will pm you with my number so we can talk