BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2023 X7 M60i LCI Walkaround Video - Inside & Out

07-18-2022, 06:50 PM   #67
Daalsip
Banned
Rep
Drives: M8 GC

Looks cool thou…..But it was said to earlier everyone has their own taste
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2022, 08:07 PM   #68
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow, that’s ugly !!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 12:59 PM   #69
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

I was going to order I made the move to the Cadillac Escalade much more luxurious and roomy and the power is crazy , love the new x7 exterior just can't see myself inside looks cheap I know the Escalade is $20,000 more hard to compare but worth the extra cash
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 02:22 PM   #70
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
I was going to order I made the move to the Cadillac Escalade much more luxurious and roomy and the power is crazy , love the new x7 exterior just can't see myself inside looks cheap I know the Escalade is $20,000 more hard to compare but worth the extra cash

Are you comparing it to the X7 base trim model??
How does the Escalade have “crazy power” considering the top 6.2l engine only has 420hp?? That’s not a lot of power as the X740i is faster 0-60mph and the M50i is in a different zip code of performance.

More luxurious? I was shocked when I tested out a upper trim Escalade for a friend last year. Build quality was mid tier with way too much plastic everywhere. Going domestic you might want to look at the new Jeep GW. I think it’s gonna take the top spot over the other two domestic (Cadillac, Lincoln).

Last edited by MystroX5; 07-19-2022 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 03:23 PM   #71
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:

How does the Escalade have "crazy power" considering the top 6.2l engine only has 420hp?? That's not a lot of power as the X740i is faster 0-60mph and the M50i is in a different zip code of performance.

More luxurious? I was shocked when I tested out a upper trim Escalade for a friend last year. Build quality was mid tier with way too much plastic everywhere. Going domestic you might want to look at the new Jeep GW. I think it's gonna take the top spot over the other two domestic (Cadillac, Lincoln).

[img] https://www.dropbox.com/s/01m2uf0brc...0AM.webp?raw=1[/img]
X7 is hideous and I own a 2020 power does not compare Akg sound system is far superior to bmw , bmw yes build quality nice but lives in the shop and interior of Escalade is 100 times nicer that's why you can't touch one for Under $140,000 all soccer moms have x7 I have never been stopped by anyone that said nice car , it's daily with the Escalade
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 03:29 PM   #72
JJ(BM)Dubya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60

Quote:
How does the Escalade have “crazy power” considering the top 6.2l engine only has 420hp?? That’s not a lot of power as the X740i is faster 0-60mph and the M50i is in a different zip code of performance.

More luxurious? I was shocked when I tested out a upper trim Escalade for a friend last year. Build quality was mid tier with way too much plastic everywhere. Going domestic you might want to look at the new Jeep GW. I think it’s gonna take the top spot over the other two domestic (Cadillac, Lincoln).

I seriously considered an Escalade as well. It’s beautiful on the inside, and out, and the screen layout is great, but you’re definitely riding a truck in comparison to the X7 (and as you say, the performance compared to the M version pales). Driving an m50 last year I thought it was very nimble and quick. Didn’t feel like a car that heavy at all, whereas the Caddy was plush but also just felt too big. I was also disappointed with all of the various options that have been deleted the past couple of years (like parking sensors…HUD - although I think that’s back). I also don’t think Caddy holds a candle to BMW engineering. Last nail in the caddy coffin was having to wait 6-8 months for one. The fact I reached out to my SA in June and got a first week allocation of this badass was a big win for me so I didn’t look back.
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2022, 03:45 PM   #73
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ(BM)Dubya View Post
Quote:

I seriously considered an Escalade as well. It’s beautiful on the inside, and out, and the screen layout is great, but you’re definitely riding a truck in comparison to the X7 (and as you say, the performance compared to the M version pales). Driving an m50 last year I thought it was very nimble and quick. Didn’t feel like a car that heavy at all, whereas the Caddy was plush but also just felt too big. I was also disappointed with all of the various options that have been deleted the past couple of years (like parking sensors…HUD - although I think that’s back). I also don’t think Caddy holds a candle to BMW engineering. Last nail in the caddy coffin was having to wait 6-8 months for one. The fact I reached out to my SA in June and got a first week allocation of this badass was a big win for me so I didn’t look back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ(BM)Dubya View Post
Quote:
How does the Escalade have "crazy power" considering the top 6.2l engine only has 420hp?? That's not a lot of power as the X740i is faster 0-60mph and the M50i is in a different zip code of performance.

More luxurious? I was shocked when I tested out a upper trim Escalade for a friend last year. Build quality was mid tier with way too much plastic everywhere. Going domestic you might want to look at the new Jeep GW. I think it's gonna take the top spot over the other two domestic (Cadillac, Lincoln).

[img] https://www.dropbox.com/s/01m2uf0brc...0AM.webp?raw=1[/img]
I seriously considered an Escalade as well. It's beautiful on the inside, and out, and the screen layout is great, but you're definitely riding a truck in comparison to the X7 (and as you say, the performance compared to the M version pales). Driving an m50 last year I thought it was very nimble and quick. Didn't feel like a car that heavy at all, whereas the Caddy was plush but also just felt too big. I was also disappointed with all of the various options that have been deleted the past couple of years (like parking sensors…HUD - although I think that's back). I also don't think Caddy holds a candle to BMW engineering. Last nail in the caddy coffin was having to wait 6-8 months for one. The fact I reached out to my SA in June and got a first week allocation of this badass was a big win for me so I didn't look back.
I agree I'm comparing my x7 40i to it the m50 compares to the Escalade v but that is almost 800 hp and $200,000 I got my hands on a Escalade no wait but min is $25,000 over sticker
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 04:01 PM   #74
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

BMW is ruining a beautiful car with this update. I love my 2020 X7M 50 but will have to look at a different car when my lease is up. I saw the XM at the dealership and the interior looked as bad and cheap in person as on the pictures. New is not always better.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 04:32 PM   #75
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
X7 is hideous and I own a 2020 power does not compare Akg sound system is far superior to bmw , bmw yes build quality nice but lives in the shop and interior of Escalade is 100 times nicer that's why you can't touch one for Under $140,000 all soccer moms have x7 I have never been stopped by anyone that said nice car , it's daily with the Escalade
It's funny when I hear peeps make an argument about what is better than what... I've always found Cadillacs very very overpriced. They are great vehicles yes, but price is a crazy rip off for the tech/quality(on most not all cadies). Since anyone on this forum can go on and on about the X7 being superior or inferior to the Escalade, how about we all just take a breath and listen to someone we all know and respect as a true car enthusiast.

Here:

So according to Doug, the X7 is a better all arounder.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 06:45 AM   #76
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itiongo View Post
Quote:
It's funny when I hear peeps make an argument about what is better than what... I've always found Cadillacs very very overpriced. They are great vehicles yes, but price is a crazy rip off for the tech/quality(on most not all cadies). Since anyone on this forum can go on and on about the X7 being superior or inferior to the Escalade, how about we all just take a breath and listen to someone we all know and respect as a true car enthusiast.

Here:

I agree my x7 is a better vehicle, but it is a ugly vehicle and for the added size not much bigger than a x5 inside , and not a head turner like the escalade !! And bmw still gets one of the worst ratings for reliability !! Love my M8 but I had to give my wife the x7 just could not drive the soccer mom vehicle around anymore! I personally think the x5 is a much nicer looking truck ! But they did also ruin the interior of the new one ! I'm definitely moving away from bmw suv for the near future! It's like Mercedes still the best sedans out there but Mercedes' suvs are the ugliest crap on the market, I have a order in for the new Range Rover yes another bad reliability vehicle, but major head turner , my friend purchased one and we can't even stop at a light without someone pulling up and saying nice truck , I have never once someone say nice truck to me in my x7 , and mine is carbon m package all blacked out , not one time in 2 years , my m8 and escalade it's a daily occurrence, shit just last night the gas attendant wanted to sit in the escalade and made me take his picture
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 07:12 AM   #77
itiongo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
I agree my x7 is a better vehicle, but it is a ugly vehicle and for the added size not much bigger than a x5 inside , and not a head turner like the escalade !! And bmw still gets one of the worst ratings for reliability !! Love my M8 but I had to give my wife the x7 just could not drive the soccer mom vehicle around anymore! I personally think the x5 is a much nicer looking truck ! But they did also ruin the interior of the new one ! I'm definitely moving away from bmw suv for the near future! It's like Mercedes still the best sedans out there but Mercedes' suvs are the ugliest crap on the market, I have a order in for the new Range Rover yes another bad reliability vehicle, but major head turner , my friend purchased one and we can't even stop at a light without someone pulling up and saying nice truck , I have never once someone say nice truck to me in my x7 , and mine is carbon m package all blacked out , not one time in 2 years , my m8 and escalade it's a daily occurrence, shit just last night the gas attendant wanted to sit in the escalade and made me take his picture
I'm going to move to whatever brand has the best electric SUV in 5 years. I've driven the Escalade. I like the technology, but really don't like the way it handles. It's too tanky. I think the V will be a much better all arounder than the X7, but price will be an huge indicator.

Is your Escalade a dark color? Usually, darker vehicles don't get noticed, so your X7 will be overlooked.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 08:19 PM   #78
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itiongo View Post
Quote:

Here:

Our phytonic blue msport X7 gets "nice truck" comments all the time. Not sure why yours isn't turning heads.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 09:48 PM   #79
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Omg that front end is even uglier in person.
      07-20-2022, 11:33 PM   #80
bono
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5d

Wow, I am so sorry for you that X7 did not bring more attention for you. Good luck with RR, hopefully, the dealer has a lot of loaners.

By the way, X7 is not a truck.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 01:42 AM   #81
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
The gas attendant was so wowed by an Escalade that he wanted to have you take his pic in it? Da fuk kind of hood do you live in? Escalades are a dime a dozen.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 2
adamjs83147.00
TXSchnee1316.50
      07-21-2022, 08:41 AM   #82
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
Omg that front end is even uglier in person.
Where did you see it in person?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 10:16 AM   #83
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
shit just last night the gas attendant wanted to sit in the escalade and made me take his picture
calm down buddy.... it's an SUV... not a ferrari

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 01:56 PM   #84
sandwi54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G07, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Wow, I am so sorry for you that X7 did not bring more attention for you. Good luck with RR, hopefully, the dealer has a lot of loaners.

By the way, X7 is not a truck.

Quote:
Lo-fuking-l an Escalade??? In what world would someone think an Escalade is a better car?