F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Rain sensor and automatic headlight
GetBMWParts

02-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
marcoac14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Rain sensor and automatic headlight

Hello guys,

I have an F30 320 and this is my first BMW. Unfortunately it didn't come with rain sensor and automatic headlights but it has automatic AC and Xenon light.
My friend crashed his F20 and he's donating some of his parts. :happy no:

I found that his car shares the same rain/light/solar sensor and also the control element light (switch) part numbers.
I intend to install this parts on my car and I know it'll require coding.

What I don't is wether I need extra parts or this is all I need
What about the windshield?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #2
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14 View Post
Hello guys,

I have an F30 320 and this is my first BMW. Unfortunately it didn't come with rain sensor and automatic headlights but it has automatic AC and Xenon light.
My friend crashed his F20 and he's donating some of his parts. :happy no:

I found that his car shares the same rain/light/solar sensor and also the control element light (switch) part numbers.
I intend to install this parts on my car and I know it'll require coding.

What I don't is wether I need extra parts or this is all I need
What about the windshield?

Cheers
In previous cars the rain sensor and windshield came together. And of course you'll need to wire the sensor to the car so a wiring harness is likely required.

Suggest you get the replacement done by a pro. The bond between windshield and car has to be practically perfect. The windshield acts to keep the roof from collapsing if the car rolls over. Installed poorly? The windshield pops out and the roof caves in. Well . . . if you roll the car that is.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
marcoac14
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
In previous cars the rain sensor and windshield came together. And of course you'll need to wire the sensor to the car so a wiring harness is likely required.

Suggest you get the replacement done by a pro. The bond between windshield and car has to be practically perfect. The windshield acts to keep the roof from collapsing if the car rolls over. Installed poorly? The windshield pops out and the roof caves in. Well . . . if you roll the car that is.
Actually I think it was possible to purchase them separately but you had to use a special glue or tape to between them. Not sure.

Any clue?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoac14 View Post
Actually I think it was possible to purchase them separately but you had to use a special glue or tape to between them. Not sure.

Any clue?
I don't recall glue or tape. Not many BMW owners I knew replaced their windshields but of those who did, the sensor came with it.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
marcoac14
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
I don't recall glue or tape. Not many BMW owners I knew replaced their windshields but of those who did, the sensor came with it.
This is the sensor:
http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/61/61_2807/
Appreciate 0