BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 or XB7 2nd row captain’s regret?

02-20-2024, 09:47 AM   #45
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurqueBMW View Post
I really struggled with this when ordering our X7 and I went with bench and am SO glad I did (called and changed from captains just before the close date on our build changes), we have never regretted it.

But it depends on your use and I wish dealership could have guided us better on this rather than me having to do all the research. I sat in both and did not notice a big difference in comfort. Love having flexibility of 3 across 2nd row, like the bench arm rest and storage. Like the carpet on back of 2nd row as we always pack a lot back there, like not seeing into the back, though you can lower just the middle seat on the bench to see back. Like the clean carpet look of trunk (especially with weathertech) without gap in the seats for stuff to fall into front.

We have 2 kids, rarely use the 3rd row and have soccer chairs and stuff in the back all the time. IF we had more than 2 kids and left 3rd row up, we would have chosen differently.

SO - if you plan to leave your 3rd row up all the time, definitely captains chairs. If you plan to leave it down most of the time and leave stuff in back trunk all the time - definitely bench seat.
I couldn’t agree more. I never use the 3rd row. I bought the X7 for the trunk space and if I ever need I have the 3rd row. Thus, the bench is perfect for my needs. My kids say the bench is the most comfortable seat they ever had in any of our cars. The legroom is amazing and the seats are very comfortable. I hate the idea of having an open space between the captain chairs showing the trunk.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2024, 11:57 AM   #46
StifflersMom
Stifflers Mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I elected for the bench since cargo room wasn’t important to me. It’s a more luxurious look as well. If you need the room the entire second row will retract and extend the cargo area.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2024, 12:24 PM   #47
omnid00d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

I absolutely regret not getting a bench. The captains chairs are very comfy and affords more space for passengers but super not practical because they can't fold flat and forces 3rd row usage when there's more than 4 ppl. I bought CPO so the selection with bench was very limited and ultimately caved. It prevents my X7 from being the do-everything vehicle.
Appreciate 1