European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

04-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #23
mul1gan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white

this is great bro, great writeup....
now I want one... damnit!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #24
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
so a little update for those who have been looking at these.. I'll edit this into the first post also:

It's been almost a month since I posted the original write-up, and thought it might be worth popping back in with a quick update. The unit has stayed in place and doesn't appear to have slipped at all; I dont seem to be running into any issues. The one pet-peeve I have right now is the access to the cone filters; it's difficult to do on your own, because messing with the bolted covers can be a bit of a pita due to the hands needed to line them back up. It's not a deal breaker, but I did suggest to the guys back at ARMA that maybe they could get really creative with some sort of high-quality clip/lock system. Not sure that will happen (of if it's really that big a deal).

Butt dyno tells me that I have more aggressive throttle response, but I have no way to tell the truth of it (and would assume the ECU is still managing all that pretty strictly based on the MAP data). She's a bit jumpy in Sport+ from a stop, where I feel I didn't notice that before; I think she just likes to go fast. I've not been to the actual dyno, but I think we can all still agree there is no expected performance gain from this application. I also can't speak to heat/air temp in comparison to stock... still hunting for someone with AWRON on a stock setup to compare data.

Also still no gopro video sorry guys. I nearly picked one up the other day, but I've got some travel coming up that the money is better spent on... and no one seems to want to loan me one to strap to the hood of my car (or run a mic)
Instagram: IMrMark
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #25
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Decided to grab a quick iphone clip just to give people an idea. Windows up, ASD off, 4th gear, sport+.

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 07:54 AM   #26
chillindrdude
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMrMark View Post
Butt dyno tells me that I have more aggressive throttle response, but I have no way to tell the truth of it (and would assume the ECU is still managing all that pretty strictly based on the MAP data). She's a bit jumpy in Sport+ from a stop, where I feel I didn't notice that before; I think she just likes to go fast. I've not been to the actual dyno, but I think we can all still agree there is no expected performance gain from this application. I also can't speak to heat/air temp in comparison to stock... still hunting for someone with AWRON on a stock setup to compare data.
i believe it. when i went to a freer breathing cone filter intake on the S4, i thought the throttle response became sharper. the engine ramped up faster.

but again...my butt dyno as well.
      05-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #27
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Very Nice and good DIY. Drove an M4 on the F1 Track here yesterday and its a great car. Still would go for an M3.

Love the Arma Intake.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #28
Warranty P
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

How much is this thing?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #29
Bryant@TMB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Looks good man!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #30
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Hey guys,

Quick update - anyone planning or thinking of picking this guy up ... HOLD. Today I discovered an issue and I'm waiting to hear back from one of the guys at ARMA as to their opinions on how to resolve it. I'll go into more detail with photos once I'm back at my laptop later on. Engine is fine but there's a possible fitting issue.

Mark
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #31
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
I've heard back from ARMA and they're working to send out a replacement piece to try to resolve the issue I ran into. They asked for another photo of the problem so that they could determine if it's an isolated concern or if they need anything back to examine further.

Basically, I've found that (at least in my case) the main piping which runs to the driver's side filter has developed some sort of wear or some form of degradation, and has also been in contact with the hood. Heat appears to have played some factor possibly, causing the contact point to become worn out on both the cf piping as well as the hood itself. I've played around to make sure that the piping was still fully inserted and still securely connected and that all checked out, so we'll see how the replacement piece looks. The photos will show that it's a small area of effect; but I'm crazy in love with this car so... any area of effect is a major one to me

I will say that ARMA reps have been completely on point since my initial email yesterday to them. They were quick to respond and follow-ups have been plentiful. I have no doubt they are fully invested in making sure the cause of the issue is fully identified and resolved. I've not heard of others running into the same issue after some searching last night, so hopefully this is just a small isolated concern of mine!

Mark

(I took the photos before washing/detailing so... pardon the dirt )
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #32
EYC.M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Glad you enjoy our product Mark!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 08:19 PM   #33
mpower79
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4cs

nice job! but the front car picture killed me
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 08:50 AM   #34
KACHM3
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp

Garage List
22 G80 🔥 ...  [10.00]
Hands down best product I bought for my car, very happy, noticed the difference right now. Wanted something that looked OEM plus, but with reviews for TLG and Kies. I went and bought this bad boy from TLG when he was parting ways with his F80.

Hands down. Love the product 👍🏼
Attached Images

Appreciate 0