BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Software Update with Maps

03-08-2024, 10:04 AM   #1
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X7 40i M Sport

Just completed this update on my 2021 X7 but it took away the maps instrument cluster display of maps with iPhone and also removed the directions from the heads up display. Disappointed ☹️ I triple checked all the setting in idrive and on the iPhone Maps app to ensure everything was properly activated and set up correctly after the update but still not working like it was. Looks like BMW is working towards owners only using their oem app to be compatible.

I thought I read that with a software update it would place the Maps display in the instrument cluster. Possibly for the new models only. Hopefully it comes back 🤷‍♂️
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 12:40 PM   #2
Brendon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7

Garage List
I'm on Android with the same version and still get navigation directions in the HUD. If this is really the direction they are going, it would be a major loss of functionality.
      03-08-2024, 01:18 PM   #3
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
I'm on Android with the same version and still get navigation directions in the HUD. If this is really the direction they are going, it would be a major loss of functionality.
Agreed. I typically use Wave for navigation daily but sometimes Apple Maps, which worked in HUD and instrument cluster in front of steering wheel but it appears those days are gone for me. BimmerCode had an update to the app that I updated before I completed the update but that shouldn’t have anything to do with it. Oh well, I guess I have to result to using the large 12 inch display on the control panel now 😂
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 01:36 PM   #4
x7bmw23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
It’s back!!! I powered down iPhone and reconnected and it started showing again.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 11:38 AM   #5
compunction
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 X7 40i

IOS 17.4?

I wonder if its related to the latest IOS 17.4 change:

In iOS 17.4, with supported CarPlay vehicles, Apple Maps will present a new instrument cluster experience with information about upcoming maneuvers. Users will be able to swap the desired display type between the main and instrument cluster screen by tapping the map configuration button on the upper right of the Maps main screen.
Appreciate 0