BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The official "Ask a cop/deputy anything!" thread

03-31-2021, 02:11 PM   #1541
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
A moose will fuck you up at 125mph
A moose will get you at 40mph too. In general, it is safest to avoid moose at any speed.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      03-31-2021, 02:11 PM   #1542
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
"Cadillac health insurance plans?!?! Negative again. While our plans are good, they aren't lavish examples. They aren't any better than the plans offered to nurses or teachers. I would bet some private corporation plans are equal or better than anything we get offered (....based on comparisons made to coverages during my private sector time)." (Bolding mine, Murf)

Wow. Just, wow. I hate to break it to you, but some in private industry have a bigger house than you.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 02:13 PM   #1543
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
DA determines whether to file or not, the officer simply provides the details/facts. At least here where I live
our DAs are lazy corrupt fucks lining their pockets with cartel funds, tell me I'm wrong, and now with the Chinese in Mexico too, its become a real shit show
Then direct your anger at DA, not the cops on the street who actually are doing their duty
      03-31-2021, 02:14 PM   #1544
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
the level of ignorance here...jfc. not even worth addressing
Um, the chicken crossed the road.... Aya, aya.
And a moose will fuck you up....

Last edited by Littlebear; 03-31-2021 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 02:16 PM   #1545
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

@Sedan_Clan Providing false (auto insurance) information to an officer: mis or fel?
      03-31-2021, 02:31 PM   #1546
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
"Cadillac health insurance plans?!?! Negative again. While our plans are good, they aren't lavish examples. They aren't any better than the plans offered to nurses or teachers. I would bet some private corporation plans are equal or better than anything we get offered (....based on comparisons made to coverages during my private sector time)." (Bolding mine, Murf)

Wow. Just, wow. I hate to break it to you, but some in private industry have a bigger house than you.
What the hell are you talking about dude?!?! I am convinced English must not be your first language or I'm being Punk'd. Your comprehension can't truly be this bad.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
Vivek.1367.50
      03-31-2021, 02:33 PM   #1547
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
@Sedan_Clan Providing false (auto insurance) information to an officer: mis or fel?
Misdemeanor......in cases where it applies. I mean, it's not something we'd know one way or the other (..referring to insurance; we aren't calling insurance companies). That insurance or lack thereof will impact the parties involved should a suit occur.

The providing false information statutes under 31 CVC mostly applies to identification of you as a person.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 02:35 PM   #1548
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
I mean, it's not something we'd know one way or the other. That insurance or lack thereof will impact the parties involved should a suit occur.
A car I was in the process of selling got hit while it was parked on the street in front of my house; the responding officer didn't even sweat me about the expired tag
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
Murf99314114.00
      03-31-2021, 02:51 PM   #1549
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Hey Murf993 - if Ontario's finest come to pay me a visit at a house (regardless of whether its my own or someone else's) with respect to the apparent upcoming lockdown and my violation of it should it occur...do I have to provide identification if I'm inside a house and not operating a motor vehicle? I get that if I'm in a motor vehicle or on a street that I probably have to provide identification. But inside a house - I'm not sure?

Just wondering about the legalities of perhaps not bothering to answer the door or not providing ID.

I get that the police are just doing their job, and I don't hold that against them, I'm just tired of the lockdowns that make no logical sense, are mostly ineffective, and I'm not certain are even compliant with the law. I'd like to see these politicians get their pay reduced accordingly to CERB levels and the chief medical doctors that send us into lockdown too. I bet there would be a whole lot less lockdowns if that happened and they actually felt the pinch.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      03-31-2021, 03:03 PM   #1550
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Hey Murf993 - if Ontario's finest come to pay me a visit at a house (regardless of whether its my own or someone else's) with respect to the apparent upcoming lockdown and my violation of it should it occur...do I have to provide identification if I'm inside a house and not operating a motor vehicle? I get that if I'm in a motor vehicle or on a street that I probably have to provide identification. But inside a house - I'm not sure?

Just wondering about the legalities of perhaps not bothering to answer the door or not providing ID.

I get that the police are just doing their job, and I don't hold that against them, I'm just tired of the lockdowns that make no logical sense, are mostly ineffective, and I'm not certain are even compliant with the law. I'd like to see these politicians get their pay reduced accordingly to CERB levels and the chief medical doctors that send us into lockdown too. I bet there would be a whole lot less lockdowns if that happened and they actually felt the pinch.
If Canada is anything like the U.S, just don't answer the door. There's no exigency. We can't just come into your home. We even have restrictions on the curtilage of your property here in the U.S.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7929.00
Murf99314114.00
      03-31-2021, 03:19 PM   #1551
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Sedan_Clan

There is a task force here in Los Angeles rightfully trying to break up take-overs where idiots with cars do burnouts and donuts in an attempt to prove all negative stereotypes about car enthusiasts are true. It's now an automatic impound for showing up at these events even as spectators. They have been busting my favorite photo locations as well, especially a place called Lower Grand. You've seen this location in tons of movies and TV shows. The problem is that not everyone who goes to lower grand is there to be asshats. We just want to park and take pictures. I've messaged the task force several times through social media asking if taking photos without a permit will result in a tow. No reply. They've looked past the no permit issues since it's not a commercial shoot, but still, now I am worried every time I go out and take photos that they will group us with these idiots who ruin it for everyone else.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 03:24 PM   #1552
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Sedan_Clan

There is a task force here in Los Angeles rightfully trying to break up take-overs where idiots with cars do burnouts and donuts in an attempt to prove all negative stereotypes about car enthusiasts are true. It's now an automatic impound for showing up at these events even as spectators. They have been busting my favorite photo locations as well, especially a place called Lower Grand. You've seen this location in tons of movies and TV shows. The problem is that not everyone who goes to lower grand is there to be asshats. We just want to park and take pictures. I've messaged the task force several times through social media asking if taking photos without a permit will result in a tow. They've looked past the no permit issues since it's not a commercial shoot, but still, now I am worried every time I go out and take photos that they will group us with these idiots who ruin it for everyone else.
Yes, I'm aware of the task force and I have friends on the team. I also target the gatherings and takeovers in the area(s) where I patrol. It's unfortunate that the rule followers are being lumped in with the rule breakers.

Here's my suggestion.....

....whenever it is feasible and you're somewhere taking photographs, park your personal vehicle outside of the red zone and walk to your designated spot. That's the best advice I can provide.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 03:25 PM   #1553
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about dude?!?! I am convinced English must not be your first language or I'm being Punk'd. Your comprehension can't truly be this bad.
Clan, I could read better than you when I was in 5th grade. You seem to know the concept of reading comprehension, so I guess you are now on a 6th grade reading level?
Now, you're not even comprehending things you wrote that I quote back at you. Time for you to rest?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 03:30 PM   #1554
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Clan, I could read better than you when I was in 5th grade. You seem to know the concept of reading comprehension, so I guess you are now on a 6th grade reading level?
Now, you're not even comprehending things you wrote that I quote back at you. Time for you to rest?
What does the size of a house have to do with the price of tea in China (....or my statement about private corporations having better insurance benefits than law enforcement)? .......unless that was some weak metaphor for something else. Either way you are making absolutely no sense.
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1367.50
      03-31-2021, 03:37 PM   #1555
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What does the size of a house have to do with the price of tea in China (....or my statement about private corporations having better insurance benefits than law enforcement)? .......unless that was some weak metaphor for something else. Either way you are making absolutely no sense.
Littlebear - I know you think you are making a point here that is clear in your mind, but spell it out for the rest of us dimwits because I'm not following either. Specifically what are you trying to convey when you say:

Quote:
And Sedan had already acknowledged that private industry probably had at least the same or better plans than police. You both seem to be saying the same thing, but you don't seem to believe that.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      03-31-2021, 03:48 PM   #1556
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, I'm aware of the task force and I have friends on the team. I also target the gatherings and takeovers in the area(s) where I patrol. It's unfortunate that the rule followers are being lumped in with the rule breakers.

....whenever it is feasible and you're somewhere taking photographs, park your personal vehicle outside of the red zone and walk to your designated spot. That's the best advice I can provide.
That's difficult to do when the photoshoot involves the vehicle! I guess my question is, do they not want cars gathering at all? Lower Grand and Mission St come to mind. They have been towing cars there for awhile. Do they mind if we just quietly take photos even while no "take-over" is taking place (no burnouts, no donuts, no speeding, just a group of cars parked taking pics)? Thanks for the insight regardless.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2021, 03:54 PM   #1557
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:

That's difficult to do when the photoshoot involves the vehicle! I guess my question is, do they not want cars gathering at all? Lower Grand and Mission St come to mind. They have been towing cars there for awhile. Do they mind if we just quietly take photos even while no "take-over" is taking place (no burnouts, no donuts, no speeding, just a group of cars parked taking pics)? Thanks for the insight regardless.
I don't believe a strict photo shoot would be a cause for concern. It's the other stuff that poses an issue.
Appreciate 1
jmg18709.50
      03-31-2021, 04:14 PM   #1558
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
If Canada is anything like the U.S, just don't answer the door. There's no exigency. We can't just come into your home. We even have restrictions on the curtilage of your property here in the U.S.
Correct, unless they have a warrant you don't have to answer the door. The feds have contracted private security to do these door knocks for some of the mandatory quarantine stuff. I wouldn't be answering.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 04:18 PM   #1559
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Correct, unless they have a warrant you don't have to answer the door. The feds have contracted private security to do these door knocks for some of the mandatory quarantine stuff. I wouldn't be answering.
Sorry for cutting in as I've been watching this thread the past couple of hours or so and may have not read up on earlier discussions.

What is going on up there in Canada regarding this quarantine stuff that requires private security personnel to be visiting houses??
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 04:22 PM   #1560
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It was a pretty obvious metaphor!
You are I assume, a capitalist to some degree. And you are surprised that someone in private industry has a better medical plan than you???????
Bulletin: And someone has a bigger house too. Some have Master degrees in various areas.
I guess you have some reading comprehension, but I think you need to work on your 'idea' comprehension.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 04:32 PM   #1561
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I don't believe a strict photo shoot would be a cause for concern. It's the other stuff that poses an issue.
What if a similar situation.

I’m with my wife eating Shabu Shabu at this spot here in the OC. Since it’s a Friday night I decide to take my M3 out for the night which is nice therapy after driving my electric car all week. It’s lowered, rims, big brake kit, etc etc but everything in the engine and emissions wise is all legal.

So since it’s my M3 I have it parked in a nice corner spot. When during the middle of dinner the parking lot gets increasingly crowded full of modified cars (revving and doing donuts).

So the cops come and start rounding up everyone and impounding cars... can the cops potentially try and get my wife and I along with my car? What if I stay in the restaurant... can they potentially impound my car thinking it was part of the illegal car show?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 04:33 PM   #1562
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

The only time you have to speak to them or open the door is if they have a warrant, and if they have a warrant the only thing you have to say is lawyer.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00