12-16-2019, 05:21 AM   #1
FossieBear
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 320d G20 xdrive

Garage List
Apply Carplay

Just an update for anyone

My G20 was registered at End June 2019 so first year Car play was free. I took advantage of the BMW Black Friday Deal at £118.00

Three days later came the BMW report - Car Play is now "Free"

I got a full refund because it was within the 14 day cooling off period for subscriptions and waiting now for BMW to reinstate the Car Play active message on my connected drive listing

Connected Drive website was down last coulpe of days - my own infor from them was that a big upgrade is coming End January - for that probably read HBA and ACC on download from the store so servers are being updated - Lets hope is more reliable in the future
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
Vossy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330E M Sport

You’ll definitely require extra hardware installed to use HBA and ACC as things stand. ACC requires radar fitted in to the grill. Maybe HBA could be done over the air at some point?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
Tam the Bam
Grumpy Old Git
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i RWD M Sport

Garage List
My car U.K. spec 2019 doesn’t have the HBA button on the indicator stalk. So don’t know how we would activate it unless it became an iDrive option.

F10 520D M Sport
E60 520D SE
Volvo S60 type R
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #4
FossieBear
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 320d G20 xdrive

Garage List
I posted earlier but it seems to have disappeared somewhere. Basically HBA could be done with a simple extra coding line and no extra kit

The ACC. Likely will need front radar. You are correct. Connected drive discussion told me it also needs parking assistant surround cameras

Not sure if that it’s all that’s needed. Some early cars - like mine came fitted with the radar console when it really should not have been. I think BMW see lots of guys coding and want a piece of the action. Another income stream!! Time will tell. Seems End January as a date keeps being mentioned
Appreciate 0