BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Picture of floor mats for X7 bench seats and captain chairs?

03-27-2019, 08:36 AM   #23
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Well, if you have a family of 6 and 5 of us are over the age of 16 and we're using all 6 seats there is no way to get 6 pieces of luggage (even soft sided) into the small area behind the 3rd row to support a week of travel.

The bigger the SUV gets for holding bigger people the more the need arises for a roof cargo box. I've got a big one from Thule on my X5 that needs to go atop the X7 when it arrives, need it right away for our Memorial Day jaunt up north. I'm in huuuuuuuge trouble if the base support system isn't released by then. Not sure that duct tape and super glue are going to hold it in place.
you think a motion xt XXL will fit fine on an x7?

also see that Thule has a new model in the fall coming. Called the Vector, but may not be able to wait til then
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 09:19 AM   #24
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
you think a motion xt XXL will fit fine on an x7?

also see that Thule has a new model in the fall coming. Called the Vector, but may not be able to wait til then

Not sure what the model is, I bought it about 5 years ago. From memory I believe it's the Thule Force XL. At the same time I bought that I bought 6 matching Nike lightweight softside rectangular large duffel bags in 6 different colors and they fit in the Thule perfectly and the colors tell us whose bag belongs to whom).

It sat atop our Odyssey just fine at the time (FYI Honda Odyssey and X7 are identical in length and width, the X7 is 3" taller) and it did a great job atop our X5 too. I'm assuming that since my cargo box is adjustable fore and aft it'll fit on the spacing of the new X7 crossbars just fine.

Now, the X7 has a larger rear area behind the 3rd row and it looks like I might be able to get 2 of those large softsided duffels in the compartment beneath the floor, so who knows, perhaps I don't need a cargo box at all? Taking my kids to college probably a different story, I'll definitely need one then.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #25
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Well, if you have a family of 6 and 5 of us are over the age of 16 and we're using all 6 seats there is no way to get 6 pieces of luggage (even soft sided) into the small area behind the 3rd row to support a week of travel.

The bigger the SUV gets for holding bigger people the more the need arises for a roof cargo box. I've got a big one from Thule on my X5 that needs to go atop the X7 when it arrives, need it right away for our Memorial Day jaunt up north. I'm in huuuuuuuge trouble if the base support system isn't released by then. Not sure that duct tape and super glue are going to hold it in place.
Awesome, give us a pic when you've got it set up!
Appreciate 1
toddwalton1239.00
      03-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #26
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:

Not sure what the model is, I bought it about 5 years ago. From memory I believe it's the Thule Force XL. At the same time I bought that I bought 6 matching Nike lightweight softside rectangular large duffel bags in 6 different colors and they fit in the Thule perfectly and the colors tell us whose bag belongs to whom).

It sat atop our Odyssey just fine at the time (FYI Honda Odyssey and X7 are identical in length and width, the X7 is 3" taller) and it did a great job atop our X5 too. I'm assuming that since my cargo box is adjustable fore and aft it'll fit on the spacing of the new X7 crossbars just fine.

Now, the X7 has a larger rear area behind the 3rd row and it looks like I might be able to get 2 of those large softsided duffels in the compartment beneath the floor, so who knows, perhaps I don't need a cargo box at all? Taking my kids to college probably a different story, I'll definitely need one then.
Really appreciate your help. So you’ve gone with the BMW cross bars for use with the Thule on your x5 and anticipate the BMW part number for the X7 should be just fine as well
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 09:38 AM   #27
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Quote:
Hey Evan, I'm a regular buyer from you guys. Thanks for all your great service.

Question re winter wheel/tire assemblies.

Do you have an ETA on other rim/tire selections? Part 36-11-2-462-586 for example. (Thats a black 21" rim, part #36116885461, on a Blizzak LM001 RFT). Your only available option currently for a tire mounted on a wheel is part 36-11-2-462-587
You're very welcome, and thank YOU for your business and support!

So for BMW's seasonal winter wheel/tire program - only certain assemblies are released and available each year. While other part #s do exist - such as the 36112462586 - they're not actually available to order from BMW or are being built. The styles available can vary from year to year, and they often sell out pretty quickly. My recommendation is to check back with us next year - typically August/September - as that is when the 2019 program should be released. Another option - if you don't like the particular wheel style or included tires of the assemblies BMW does release - you can always order rims individually and build your own custom set. (such as with the 752 Y-spoke individual rim you mentioned - 36116885461 we updated here.)

Quote:
other retailers showing that part as available to order now
Yup, the block has been lifted and we've activated this item on our site here.

Please let me know if you need anything else - feel free to email or PM as I can't always monitor the threads for questions.

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 1
ppagiga657.00
      03-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #28
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Really appreciate your help. So you’ve gone with the BMW cross bars for use with the Thule on your x5 and anticipate the BMW part number for the X7 should be just fine as well

Yes, the Thule Force XL (which I used with my Odyssey) with the BMW OEM cross bars (which I bought for my X5) is my setup and what is pictured here. Top photo shows it lengthwise atop an X5, you can see it pretty much takes up the whole roof but leaves enough room to get the liftgate open fully without obstruction.

Bottom photo shows it from the rear, you can see the XL is designed for luggage moreso than ski's or thin things (we put 6 large Nike softsided duffels up there) and there is enough clearance on the OEM cross bars to allow the radio antenna to breathe (XM Radio reception is perfect even though the cargo box passes over it).

Note that I did some digging and made some calls and though cosmetically identical the X7 uses different cross bars than my X5. Part number for the X7 as mentioned is 82712455808. There are only 16 left in BMW inventory in the USA (yikes!) and we're entering prime cargo box season so if you're interested I suggest you grab a set now because they do sell out rather quickly.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #29
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

I have a Thule Hyper XL that I'm sure will work just fine on top of the X7. If it mounts fine without any hatch clearance issues on our Audi SQ5 and RS7, both of which are smaller cars, I have little doubt it will fit on the X7.
ppagiga657.00
      03-27-2019, 10:50 AM   #30
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
I have a Thule Hyper XL that I'm sure will work just fine on top of the X7. If it mounts fine without any hatch clearance issues on our Audi SQ5 and RS7, both of which are smaller cars, I have little doubt it will fit on the X7.
right on thanks for your help. the motion xt XXL (22 cubic ft) is about 2.5 inches longer than that Hyper XL so i should be good.

my family travels with bottomless crap so need to go XXL
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 11:05 AM   #31
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Quote:
right on thanks for your help. the motion xt XXL (22 cubic ft) is about 2.5 inches longer than that Hyper XL so i should be good.

my family travels with bottomless crap so need to go XXL
Speaking of which, does anyone know what the roof weight capacity of the X7 is? I don't have one yet so I can't just look in an owner's manual.

My family also travels with bottomless crap and so an XXL is probably better suited for us, but after we fill our existing Hyper XL, it's already at or a little over our Audi Q7's roof carrier weight limit of 165 lbs, which minus the 53 lbs weight of the Hyper XL alone, only leaves about 112 lbs of stuff.
      03-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #32
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
Speaking of which, does anyone know what the roof weight capacity of the X7 is? I don't have one yet so I can't just look in an owner's manual.

My family also travels with bottomless crap and so an XXL is probably better suited for us, but after we fill our existing Hyper XL, it's already at or a little over our Audi Q7's roof carrier weight limit of 165 lbs, which minus the 53 lbs weight of the Hyper XL alone, only leaves about 112 lbs of stuff.
yeah the thule i'm looking at weighs 55lbs, and can hold 165lb...so theoretically the roof needs to be able to hold 220 lbs for that. the BMW Genius I spoke to says the load capacity is 100KG (220 lbs) exactly for both the 40 and 50i

FYI, the online user manual for the x7 (which can be viewed by grabbing any VIN off of a vehicle that's out there in inventory) doesnt show load capacity. only the printed manual gives that info specifically, for whatever reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:59 PM   #33
OtisX7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7 50i

Bought the all weather floor mat set... supposedly will be delivered any day now. Will post pics when they are in.
      03-27-2019, 11:25 PM   #34
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Did anyone find Floor Mat/Cargo area kit for X7 made by WeatherTech on Amazon? I like the brand and would like to buy the whole car kit. Their mats quality is awesome and they cover the floor pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #35
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Did anyone find Floor Mat/Cargo area kit for X7 made by WeatherTech on Amazon? I like the brand and would like to buy the whole car kit. Their mats quality is awesome and they cover the floor pretty well.
Haven't seen that yet on Amazon.

FWIW, here's Amazon's pics of the BMW floor mats.

The last two are of the 3rd row mats for the 6 seat and 7 seat X7, respectively.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #36
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE_DR View Post
From what I'm seeing the second row uses the same mats regardless of seat config. Only third row changes due to the bench or captain base mounting brackets to floor.
What's the difference between the mats and liners?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 06:46 PM   #37
2020bmwx7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw x7

In case you're also thinking of buying the cargo mat (aka fitted luggage compartment mat), the various indentations in it makes for an odd way to lay various things on top of it. Looks nice, but doesn't seem quite functional. I'm going to likely get the weathertech cargo liner instead.
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2019, 08:59 PM   #38
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
What's the difference between the mats and liners?

The Mats (left) are thick, heavy rubber with a 1/2 inch lip to keep light snow and ice from getting to your carpets.

The Liners (right) are equally thick, heavy rubber but have a substantially high 3+ inch wall around them for significant snow and ice buildup.

I always get the Mats here in the Northeast USA. More than enough for the elements we get in NYC vicinity.
Appreciate 1