unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
check your tire settings

So I was driving down the highway today on a longer trip than normal and noted my odometer's last 4 digits (including the hundredths place) matched the mile marker, 50 miles down the road later, and the odo was over by a full mile. I played around with some GPS distances which brought me to the same conclusion and remembered seeing some folks here talking about tire settings in ID7 when switching from summer to winter tires. I had never gone into these settings myself as I've been crusing around on all seasons, but sure enough, my car was set to 22" summer tires while I have a set of 21s.

Sure 2% is within a reasonable tolerance and I doubt BMW would do anything about it regardless, but that amounts to almost a full month worth of a 15k lease over 3 years, plus I could go 2% faster now (on top of the 5% or so speedo difference). win-win.

I suggest you all check your settings. My car was purchased off the lot, it was a large dealer and it never made it in the showroom, so I'm not sure if it were possibly tampered with or not, but worth a look for all regardless. The suggested tire pressures also look to change based on the tire chosen.
      02-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #2
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
So I was driving down the highway today on a longer trip than normal and noted my odometer's last 4 digits (including the hundredths place) matched the mile marker, 50 miles down the road later, and the odo was over by a full mile. I played around with some GPS distances which brought me to the same conclusion and remembered seeing some folks here talking about tire settings in ID7 when switching from summer to winter tires. I had never gone into these settings myself as I've been crusing around on all seasons, but sure enough, my car was set to 22" summer tires while I have a set of 21s.

Sure 2% is within a reasonable tolerance and I doubt BMW would do anything about it regardless, but that amounts to almost a full month worth of a 15k lease over 3 years, plus I could go 2% faster now (on top of the 5% or so speedo difference). win-win.

I suggest you all check your settings. My car was purchased off the lot, it was a large dealer and it never made it in the showroom, so I'm not sure if it were possibly tampered with or not, but worth a look for all regardless. The suggested tire pressures also look to change based on the tire chosen.
I check settings and verify, I do not trust dealers at the end this is only service house like any other car sales, they do not know and do not pay attention to the latest technology this is for sure so YES always verify what they have set. In my summer to winter swap the setting was not done right
Appreciate 0