BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum HOW TO: X5+X7 - Activate Connected music + Spotify + 3d view + drive recorder

05-05-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
X7 PRG
Rep
Drives: X7

HOW TO: X5+X7 - Activate Connected music + Spotify + 3d view + drive recorder

For G05+G07:

Hi, if you are in location without availability Connected music (Spotify, Deezer atc) due the country legal (e.g. Czech republic), you can enable it:

- unregister your X7 from bmw-connecteddrive in your country
- make new account with your new email address at e.g. bmw-connecteddrive.de and register your X7
- activate/prepaid Connected music + Drive recorder
- remove your personal account in car (idrive profile)
- add your new account in car (idrive profile)
- change user and login in BMW mobile app

Enjoy Connected music + Drive recording + remote 3D view in BMW mobile app (remote 3d view not work in Czech republic, only in Germany, Austria....)

Last edited by X7 PRG; 05-05-2020 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: change name
Appreciate 1
Nath4n34.00
      08-04-2020, 04:19 PM   #2
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7_M50d(2020), X5_30d(2015)

I was quite upset when i bought my almost fully equiped X7 and then i found out the whole BMW Store concept is useless in my country. Not to mention services/features promised on their website which are then not delivered (supposedly not supported, nobody nowhere ever mentioned that). So I'm glad I came across your post.

Unfortunatelly when i tried to login with my new account i encountered this. Have you seen this popup? Is safe to "Continue"?

And let me ask you few other things, what about eCall or Teleservices? Does it still work like with "local" account? Had you any issues since "Transfer"?

Anyway, thank you so much!

Last edited by Nath4n; 08-04-2020 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:56 PM   #3
Heimdall
The Centurion
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M40i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I wouldn't do it before comparing what add ons or services I might lose from the switch.
You can simply stream from phone to car if you get Spotify on your phone.
      08-05-2020, 02:56 AM   #4
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep

Hold a sec, so it doesn't mean i'll loose everything related to CD but only services which are not in the other Store/Market? Well as i've mentioned above BMW Store offers basically nothing in my country so i won't loose anything, only gain. (only the way back could be painfull)
More than BMW Music i would like to add Driver Recorder which wasn't available during configuration of my car (and supposedly needs to be bought within the car, otherwise one is not able to get it) and Remote 3D View which should be included in "Parking Assistant Plus".
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 08:45 AM   #5
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep

Ok, so i yoloed that. Everything works like before (except Wifi Hotspot uses German branch ISP and App for windows control disappeared), if somebody is interested

Unfortunately Remote3DView still doesn't work because it's disabled on the local server layer (there is an error claiming "Remote3DView unavailable in the location because this feature is disabled in the current or nearby country").

But DriveRecorder works! Take that ConnectedDrive team by false-claiming that "HW intervention in Munich is necessary"! Spotify seems like it'll work as well (don't have Premium yet).

EDIT:
Worth to mention, these are not supported in Czech Republic:
3D Remote View
Drive Recorder as addon (after the car is manufactured)
Office 365
Connected Music
Connected Navigation
e-Drive Zones
Digital Charging Services
Alexa in-car
Online Entertainment
On-street Parking information
Intelligent Personal Assistant in Czech language (understandable)
Voice Control in Czech language (understandable)

Last edited by Nath4n; 08-30-2020 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
Heimdall136.50
      12-01-2020, 06:19 AM   #6
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep

Ok, a little but important update. German T-Mobile branch won't let you purchase any service if one is a citizen of a country other than that indicated in his account and it's not possible to create a HotSpot account to a different country than the one in ConnectedDrive (supposedly due to data continuity). So no internet for an adventurer after trial.

Not to mention that I wonder what ConnectedDrive has to do with ISP and data continuity?

Last edited by Nath4n; 12-01-2020 at 06:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #7
X7 PRG
Rep

My set: Connected drive register as Germany citizen, its Germany connected drive portal, 3D view ordered but not shown in Czechia due the car GPS position (tested in Austria, not work, tested with fake GPS app and too not work), Spotify work fine in Czechia, not work in Austria, Drive recorder as add-on ordered in Connected drive and work fine in Czechia and Austria too, News only from Germany (whet I set in Connected drive portal Czechs websites, still show Germany news)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 03:26 PM   #8
X7 PRG
Rep

Germany Hotspot trial works fine, but with Germany identity. Its normal
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #9
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah, forgot to mention that Spotify works fine via German connection in other countries.

Well, i've basically mentioned above that German trial internet connection works in CzechRepublic but when i created a hotspot account and tried to order a tariff after the trial period, nothing appeared in my account for purchase except pop-up window which instructed me to contact support via phone. A guy on phone taught me that there won't appear anything because i'm not citizen of Germany (despite i had everything registered on German location) and because of 11/9 attack every device in Germany needs to be registered to the actual address in order for eventual communication sniffing and tracking down the owner, within the law. (quite frightening) And there other issues like different TAXes, etc.
Anyway i don't know what is your experience but the internet speed was crippled by the fact the communication went through German servers everytime.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:46 PM   #10
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep

Ok, I'm not sure at this moment but it looks like BMW, instead of fixing SW bugs and issues, is more into blocking services so since update to 3/2021.46 it looks like this workaround doesn't work anymore.

I still have Spotify and other Apps available in menus but the titles of "services" which are not natively supported in your country (like you would have been logged to account for your market) are greyed out and it's not possible to launch them.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still working. The apps were only not fully loaded by the time I've wrote this.

Last edited by Nath4n; 05-18-2021 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 06:08 PM   #11
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath4n View Post
Ok, I'm not sure at this moment but it looks like BMW, instead of fixing SW bugs and issues, is more into blocking services so since update to 3/2021.46 it looks like this workaround doesn't work anymore.

I still have Spotify and other Apps available in menus but the titles of "services" which are not natively supported in your country (like you would have been logged to account for your market) are greyed out and it's not possible to launch them.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still working. The apps were only not fully loaded by the time I've wrote this.
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of 3/2021.46. Not available OTA yet.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 03:46 AM   #12
Nath4n
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of 3/2021.46. Not available OTA yet.
Well, that's the fate of discoverers.., to be the first. Not OTA though, SW in my car is kind of a crashfest so I had to visit my dealership few times.

If you are interested in changes, I noticed "BMW Connected" in the App menu has changed to "MyBMW" (icon included)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2021, 11:30 PM   #13
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath4n View Post
If you are interested in changes, I noticed "BMW Connected" in the App menu has changed to "MyBMW" (icon included)
Actually, I noticed that changed on mine, too. I'm still on 11/2020, so I'm not sure how it changed.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0