BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) 2014 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

08-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #155
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
So I guess the question now is what will they do? What type of punishment will it be?
Financial? He's been making 8, 10, 14 million a year for a while. Whatever they give him can't hurt that bad.
Withhold pay for Monza? Then what? He sandbags and hurts MB's WCC points.
They can't do anything with his endorsement deals either.
So what can they do then, take away his BlackBerry? lol

I'm very curious about this next step.
Someone lure Nico into the motorhome, and found himself locked in a room with Lewis, Toto, and Niki.

08-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #156
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
So I guess the question now is what will they do? What type of punishment will it be?
Financial? He's been making 8, 10, 14 million a year for a while. Whatever they give him can't hurt that bad.
Withhold pay for Monza? Then what? He sandbags and hurts MB's WCC points.
They can't do anything with his endorsement deals either.
So what can they do then, take away his BlackBerry? lol

I'm very curious about this next step.
It's anyone's guess but racing, winning and the WC is what matters must to the drivers. If I were Benz management I would make an example and lay down the importance of the "law" by letting Rosberg's car be driven by someone else in Monza. That would put the fear of god in both drivers and pretty much guarantee that it will not happen again and that unacceptable mean unacceptable. This way Benz will still harvest constructors points from both cars and mainly punish ROS.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #157
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

While I seriously doubt that would happen, I think this is by far the very best idea of all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It's anyone's guess but racing, winning and the WC is what matters must to the drivers. If I were Benz management I would make an example and lay down the importance of the "law" by letting Rosberg's car be driven by someone else in Monza. That would put the fear of god in both drivers and pretty much guarantee that it will not happen again and that unacceptable mean unacceptable. This way Benz will still harvest constructors points from both cars and mainly punish ROS.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #158
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
I suppose Paul Di Resta could do it but...there might be some blowback in Singapore. What do I mean by that? Look at what Kimi was doing last year when he didn't get paid.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #159
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I suppose Paul Di Resta could do it but...there might be some blowback in Singapore. What do I mean by that? Look at what Kimi was doing last year when he didn't get paid.
But that was after he signed for Ferrari...Rosberg is under contract with Benz for a few more years and he would be a fool to jeopardize that. And Benz can quite easily win both constructors and drivers WC without Nico this year. Fighting with Lewis is one thing, taking on Benz management is a whole different level of stupid.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #160
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But that was after he signed for Ferrari...Rosberg is under contract with Benz for a few more years and he would be a fool to jeopardize that. And Benz can quite easily win both constructors and drivers WC without Nico this year. Fighting with Lewis is one thing, taking on Benz management is a whole different level of stupid.
I know the situation with Kimi was a bit different but Nico does have his multi-year contract locked in already.

Lauda won't mince words. Quite honestly, I think they're just going to sit Nico down in front of Toto, Lauda, Lowe and Cowell. Hell they might even bring in Bell, Costa and that other guy Geoffrey (Forgot his last name).

Basically, "Change your attitude or you're done". I don't think he'll get a fine or have to sit out but he'll get a harsh talking-to.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #161
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I know the situation with Kimi was a bit different but Nico does have his multi-year contract locked in already.

Lauda won't mince words. Quite honestly, I think they're just going to sit Nico down in front of Toto, Lauda, Lowe and Cowell. Hell they might even bring in Bell, Costa and that other guy Geoffrey (Forgot his last name).

Basically, "Change your attitude or you're done". I don't think he'll get a fine or have to sit out but he'll get a harsh talking-to.
You're probably right, either way it will be interesting to follow the decision and the outcome on the drivers the rest of the season. Slap on the wrist and more crashes and possibly HAM eyeing McLaren or making an example with a moping Rosberg fighting a closer WC race. All I know is that we as spectators can't lose either way

And Hamilton will for sure think that talking harshly to ROS does absolutely nothing for him. His WC chances are just as impacted by the incident. He likely feel entitled to one warning if he takes out ROS just as ROS got. Benz is stupid if they do not deal a punishment that corrects the injustice they themselves agreed was done to Hamilton.

Last edited by solstice; 08-26-2014 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #162
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

I honestly think whatever happened, happened behind closed doors. and we've seen the end of it.

Going back to the race in general, it was good to see Kimi do well, for a change. Though mainly because of Alonso's mishap. Kimi is really getting destroyed by Alonso this year, which is a bit of a disappointment to me.
Speaking of getting destroyed, how about Sebastian Vettel? I honestly think he's in for a reckoning if he doesn't start beating his teammate regularly for the remainder of the season. I always felt that he wasn't outstandingly talented during his title years, but I never saw Ricciardo do anything particularly special in the Toro Rosso either (correct me if I'm wrong). The fact of the matter is that Ricciardo is objectively beating Vettel left, right, and centre.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #163
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
I honestly think whatever happened, happened behind closed doors. and we've seen the end of it.

Going back to the race in general, it was good to see Kimi do well, for a change. Though mainly because of Alonso's mishap. Kimi is really getting destroyed by Alonso this year, which is a bit of a disappointment to me.
Speaking of getting destroyed, how about Sebastian Vettel? I honestly think he's in for a reckoning if he doesn't start beating his teammate regularly for the remainder of the season. I always felt that he wasn't outstandingly talented during his title years, but I never saw Ricciardo do anything particularly special in the Toro Rosso either (correct me if I'm wrong). The fact of the matter is that Ricciardo is objectively beating Vettel left, right, and centre.
Re: Vettel - a decent driver had a great car.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #164
solstice
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Re: Vettel - a decent driver had a great car.
Always been my view as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #165
solstice
Major General
Rep

Just support from an old team mate or a first attempt of McLaren to win Lewis back?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...g-f1-spa-crash

“I feel for Lewis, he was leading the race. It is unbelievable,” Button said. “I’ve never seen such bad luck or misjudgment on other people’s part to lose so many points compared to anyone else. It is astonishing especially when you have a car that is so dominant. They should be first and second at every race.”
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #166
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

That would be a tough switch for Hamilton. MB is so dominant, if the Honda/Mclaren combo isn't competitive it might be a situation like Alonso, having to make-do with a lesser car.

The only other team that I could see Hamilton dominating with is Red Bull, and I don't see that happening.

I really hope they do something, Anything, to reprimand Rosberg, and make the message clear to him to not let anything like that happen again, and let the season play out as it should.

Without Rosberg's shinannigans, Hamilton would be far ahead of him in points.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #167
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
What does niki lauda actually do ? the body language from some of the top merc ppl was pretty ignorant towards him I noticed
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #168
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ihp View Post
What does niki lauda actually do ? the body language from some of the top merc ppl was pretty ignorant towards him I noticed
His title is Non-Executive Chairman of AMG Petronas.

Essentially, he helps manage the team and provides a voice of reason to the team and has the ear of Bernie.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #169
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Thanks I understand now.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #170
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

he also says whatever he wants on record, as he has been doing since ever.

he's been an ever present figure on the paddock for so long, that we tend to forget how much of a Legend he is. Rush reminded me of that, however soft/limited it was. I'm glad to have seen him in person in France in 2008.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #171
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Well Rosberg did just get married. We all know how a woman in your life can f*** things up with your friends
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #172
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

I guess what I was trying to say is: imagine you're Rosberg or Hamilton. Both in their 20s still, if I am right, and something like, say what happened this past weekend happens, and Niki Lauda motions you with his fingers to come into his office and close the door. Well, let's just say that you will be doing a lot of listening and very little talking.
Or so I imagine anyways.
Taking it further, imagine he and Schumacher having a word about this and that. The sheer greatness of both. What I'd do to be a fly on that wall. But I digress...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #173
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks I understand now.
No you don't. My generic and nebulous response is an expression of most peoples' confusion. I gave you his title but....
what does he truly do other than sit there in the Mercedes paddock waiting for the camera men to pan over to him periodically so we can see his look of disdain? Or do they just show him due to his name and his proximity to the telemetry staff?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #174
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
No you don't. My generic and nebulous response is an expression of most peoples' confusion. I gave you his title but....
what does he truly do other than sit there in the Mercedes paddock waiting for the camera men to pan over to him periodically so we can see his look of disdain? Or do they just show him due to his name and his proximity to the telemetry staff?
Figurehead
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #175
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I got the most important piece of info i needed for him to fit into the puzzle.. "he is close with bernie"
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #176
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got the most important piece of info i needed for him to fit into the puzzle.. "he is close with bernie"
ah, gotcha. Yeah they've been friends for a long time
Appreciate 0