03-11-2019, 12:07 PM   #23
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 SS/SO 2016 / X5M C 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmann33 View Post
I saw one yesterday. It was just as flat as without spare, but zero space left under there with spare. In fact, I lifted it up intending check out the spacious "hold" only to find it completely filled with plastic panels, etc. Salesman said, "it's full - no space in there". I replied, it must have a spare, he said, "nope". I flipped the wing nut tabs to open and dig deeper, and there was the spare afterall, but I don't think you can tell until you open the door in the floor.
Most of the sales guys know nothing about the cars. Yesterday I asked (for fun) if we can order an X7 with European Delivery and he said "sure"..I know it can't be done, I said "are you sure" then he went to ask a more senior representative and he told him "NO"....
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #24
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

X4guy sorry that the thread got off track with other underfloor talk. Here's what the owner's manual shows about the spare tire, which it calls the "emergency wheel":
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #25
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
Quote:
I saw one yesterday. It was just as flat as without spare, but zero space left under there with spare. In fact, I lifted it up intending check out the spacious "hold" only to find it completely filled with plastic panels, etc. Salesman said, "it's full - no space in there". I replied, it must have a spare, he said, "nope". I flipped the wing nut tabs to open and dig deeper, and there was the spare afterall, but I don't think you can tell until you open the door in the floor.
Most of the sales guys know nothing about the cars. Yesterday I asked (for fun) if we can order an X7 with European Delivery and he said "sure"..I know it can't be done, I said "are you sure" then he went to ask a more senior representative and he told him "NO"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
Quote:

Lmao on euro delivery for the x7. Haha my sales guy said my order has to clear customs.
Appreciate 1
Roch M4424.00
      03-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #26
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
X4guy sorry that the thread got off track with other underfloor talk. Here's what the owner's manual shows about the spare tire, which it calls the "emergency wheel":
Thanks, dunno why the X3 got the ugly hump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
Lmao on euro delivery for the x7. Haha my sales guy said my order has to clear customs.
They are used to people who know nothing about cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #27
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Any real life pics of the spare tire?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #28
Redwood012
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Here you go
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Bimar799.50
Wild Blue3683.50
      07-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #29
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood012 View Post
Here you go
Thanks the trunk cover still fits below, very nice
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 06:36 AM   #30
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Excellent pics, especially with the cargo cover. Thanks so much Redwood012 !

Always love it when guys/gals here can help each other out.

Still amazes me how you have to take off the side panels just to wedge the cargo cover underneath, but I guess it's a necessary evil with it's width.
Appreciate 0