BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Differences between the Stock Harman Kardon and upgraded Harman Kardon Sound System

12-18-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Differences between the Stock Harman Kardon and upgraded Harman Kardon Sound System

Does anyone have the detailed specifications for the stock Harman Kardon system and the upgraded Harman Kardon system in the X7?

I've seen some discussion in the X5 forums but looking at the BMW online configurator for the X5 there's only two options. The stock system is not listed as Harman Kardon. Just a stereo system with "x" number of speakers. The only other option for the X5 is the B&W system.

The X7 comes stock with a Harman Kardon system with the option to upgrade to a different Harman Kardon system or upgrade to the B&W sound system.

The only information I could find as far as differences between the stock and the upgraded Harman Kardon is the addition of the Harman Kardon Pro Logic 7 graphic equalizer.

I was pissed when I ordered my X7 40i and the online configurator and options package didn't even list the B&W system as an option. By the time I discovered that it was an option my car was already being built.

Sure, my dealer said we could just order another one but I wasn't willing to wait to take delivery until February or March.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:27 PM   #2
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Does anyone have the detailed specifications for the stock Harman Kardon system and the upgraded Harman Kardon system in the X7?

I've seen some discussion in the X5 forums but looking at the BMW online configurator for the X5 there's only two options. The stock system is not listed as Harman Kardon. Just a stereo system with "x" number of speakers. The only other option for the X5 is the B&W system.

The X7 comes stock with a Harman Kardon system with the option to upgrade to a different Harman Kardon system or upgrade to the B&W sound system.

The only information I could find as far as differences between the stock and the upgraded Harman Kardon is the addition of the Harman Kardon Pro Logic 7 graphic equalizer.

I was pissed when I ordered my X7 40i and the online configurator and options package didn't even list the B&W system as an option. By the time I discovered that it was an option my car was already being built.

Sure, my dealer said we could just order another one but I wasn't willing to wait to take delivery until February or March.
The system is made by Harman international now owned by Samsung. Harman owns the Harman Kardon brand as well as bower and wilkins. I would do a sound test to see if you'll miss the higher performing systems.
Appreciate 0