BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Reasons I'd never get the LCI, and got the pre-LCI

02-01-2024, 04:48 PM   #45
Jamackabi
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340 xDrive, 2024 X7 M60

You know what they say, "Opinions are like ar$eholes, everyone's got one"

I personally love my M60i, the LCI is striking, and I love that. Sure, some might not like the front end, but I literally get compliments almost daily on how it looks whether I'm on the school run, filling up on gas, grabbing groceries etc. That says to me, it's a good looking vehicle. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and I get that. My own personal opinion is that it looks the best with the M Sport package with the black 22's. The regular non-M Sport version doesn't look great, but I would say that about the non-M Sport pre-LCI also.

To summarize, I think both look great. I work in technology, so I am a sucker for the latest gadgets. Some might hate the new approach to having everything hidden in the Infotainment system, but I love it. Maybe it's my age (I still like to think I'm fairly young!). I know how you older dudes don't like to deal with technology and rely on your kids to help set up your new iPhones.
Appreciate 3
BMWX735.50
Steve737106.00
      02-01-2024, 07:39 PM   #46
dcoopdeville
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

I remember when tech in a car was a CD player..Then TV screens. Its a reason old classics sell for millions of dollars and its not because of tech..So just to add my 2 worthless cents there are several reasons I "prefer" the pre LCI just like I like my 2020 Silverado with the tiny touchscreen compared to all the newer trucks. Distracted driving has become one of the deadliest causes of car accidents and that includes looking at your cell phone and screen. I think they both look amazing and I love the car enthusiasm you guys show about these machines... They are all just toys.. Some of us cant afford the new LCI and we just wait patiently for the discounts on the used market. I got a 2020 that is almost speced like the Alpina..."kinda". lol. but damn its close enough. Im too old to care about who has the latest and greatest ID whatever and maybe one day I will like it better and maybe not...But cars come and go and we have to be thankful to even talk about owning one of them. Physical buttons is my thing "At this time" and the 2020 has plenty.
Appreciate 1
ledphut211.00
      02-01-2024, 08:55 PM   #47
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackabi View Post
You know what they say, "Opinions are like ar$eholes, everyone's got one"

I personally love my M60i, the LCI is striking, and I love that. Sure, some might not like the front end, but I literally get compliments almost daily on how it looks whether I'm on the school run, filling up on gas, grabbing groceries etc. That says to me, it's a good looking vehicle. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and I get that. My own personal opinion is that it looks the best with the M Sport package with the black 22's. The regular non-M Sport version doesn't look great, but I would say that about the non-M Sport pre-LCI also.

To summarize, I think both look great. I work in technology, so I am a sucker for the latest gadgets. Some might hate the new approach to having everything hidden in the Infotainment system, but I love it. Maybe it's my age (I still like to think I'm fairly young!). I know how you older dudes don't like to deal with technology and rely on your kids to help set up your new iPhones.
I have the 2024 X7 and love the mean look. Car looks fantastic. Agree that you need the MSport package to get that look.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 07:21 PM   #48
dcoopdeville
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW5and7 View Post
Well, it is more of a normal sociological behavior that we all tend to like what we have once we formally own it. What I am referring to, is more of a non-biased point of you. I was in a situation that I was completely free to decide on either ones and I was not in a rush to get either of them. I've seen both in person, and I was not under pressure in a way that I've already and formally purchased either of them. Again, IMO, the pre-LCI design is SUPERIOR. We can urge on the design just a little bit, but we can't argue on the functionality. Plus, one can argue that the new LCI is ugly vs not ugly, or being a Hyundai palisade vs not, but I don't think there is a good case that the LCI looks better* than the pre-LCI. At the very best, it is an acceptably design, but IMO it is not even close to how classy the pre-LCI front looks like. The LCI looked like a Hyundai palisade to me in photos, in person, it might have looked slightly better but it's still not a BMW. Maybe not a Hyundai look, but not a BMW.
Re-starting this convo.

After owning the 2020 x7 now for a while I have to agree with you as I pay more attention to every x7 I see on the road.. Its that wise man grown up taste. Sorry LCI. I vote for the Pre LCI all day long. It just makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 07:57 PM   #49
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
The split headlight treatment is a sad trend indeed…

Everything from a Rolls Royce Scepter to the lowly Nissan Rogue. I feel like someone is playing a practical joke on us!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1