BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Sensafin leather - feedback needed

02-28-2024, 11:37 PM   #45
NewX7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i, X7 (ordered)

We opted for Sensafin in our just delivered 2024 X7. I traded in my 2019 X7 with the full Merino leather package. After test-driving a few new 2024 X7’s back to back, my wife and I were shocked how much more plush and comfortable the Sensafin seats were opposed to the Merino! One of the things I miss the most about the full size Ranger Rover were the seats. Man those seats were both plush and comfortable and supportive in all the right places. The new Sensafin seats in the X7 match that comfort. On the other hand, in 5+ years, unfortunatley nothing has changed with the Merino. You are buying a seat design that hasn’t changed in probably 10 years. They are not using softer or more supple leather or adding quilting or comfort or plushness. The BMW leather seats don’t hold a candle to Range Rover’s leather for whatever reason, but the Sensafin is actually a pretty good comparison. Yes, the merino seats are comfortable, but decidedly NOT plush or exotic in anyway whatsoever. They are durable, so give them that. After 5 years they still looked pretty new. But the Sensafin feels and looks way more modern and luxurious than the non-updated (and out of date) leather seats IMO. We opted for the Silverstone and don’t regret it one bit. We test drove a vehicle with those same seats on an extremely hot day and the interior was hot but the seats were not and didn’t make my back sweat whatsoever. This is a major gamechanger. I have never been able to have a car with non-leather seats because I’m just sweaty in general and synthetics tend to make me sweat. I don’t know what kind of magic BMW did with this new material, but it’s a game changer. We could have had whatever we wanted and chose the Sensafin over full leather and saved about 5 grand in the process too. Highly highly recommended!

Last edited by NewX7; 02-28-2024 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 03:35 AM   #46
Kalvis
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewX7 View Post
We opted for Sensafin in our just delivered 2024 X7. I traded in my 2019 X7 with the full Merino leather package. After test-driving a few new 2024 X7’s back to back, my wife and I were shocked how much more plush and comfortable the Sensafin seats were opposed to the Merino! One of the things I miss the most about the full size Ranger Rover were the seats. Man those seats were both plush and comfortable and supportive in all the right places. The new Sensafin seats in the X7 match that comfort. On the other hand, in 5+ years, unfortunatley nothing has changed with the Merino. You are buying a seat design that hasn’t changed in probably 10 years. They are not using softer or more supple leather or adding quilting or comfort or plushness. The BMW leather seats don’t hold a candle to Range Rover’s leather for whatever reason, but the Sensafin is actually a pretty good comparison. Yes, the merino seats are comfortable, but decidedly NOT plush or exotic in anyway whatsoever. They are durable, so give them that. After 5 years they still looked pretty new. But the Sensafin feels and looks way more modern and luxurious than the non-updated (and out of date) leather seats IMO. We opted for the Silverstone and don’t regret it one bit. We test drove a vehicle with those same seats on an extremely hot day and the interior was hot but the seats were not and didn’t make my back sweat whatsoever. This is a major gamechanger. I have never been able to have a car with non-leather seats because I’m just sweaty in general and synthetics tend to make me sweat. I don’t know what kind of magic BMW did with this new material, but it’s a game changer. We could have had whatever we wanted and chose the Sensafin over full leather and saved about 5 grand in the process too. Highly highly recommended!
I also have Silverstone interior with Skyscraper exterior and Silverstone colour and new style (was bored with my 2020 Merino) as you saying was one of reasons why i went with Sensafin. Up till now after 5 month of use no issues.
Appreciate 0