BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Air Suspension Auto Adjusting?

03-04-2024, 08:51 AM   #1
zionn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2, 2021 X7, 2011 328i

Air Suspension Auto Adjusting?

Hi all,

Just picked up a beautiful and amazing 2021 M50i, and learning the nuances/differences from our X5.

One that I'm trying to wrap my head around is how the air suspension works/adjusts on it's own (if it does that at all)...example is this, we put our 13 year old in third row, oldest and his girlfriend hop in the second row, then we shut the door. At this time, the suspension raises back to the normal/set ride height, but I don't see it actually lower.

I'm trying to confirm if this is normal/intelligent behavior built into the car, or if the weight of them hopping in is causing it to lower, and then the system just adjusts back, with a potential air suspension issue that I need to have addressed.

I also noticed while pumping gas that it raised after my wife hopped out to throw away something, then hopped back in and shut the door.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Appreciate 0