BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum What's on your checklist when you pick up a new car?

10-03-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
superpanjy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

What's on your checklist or suggestion when you pick up a new BMW?
My very first BMW, X7, is in production, so eventually, I will need to pick it up. Personally, I'm not a car expert. I'd love to hear suggestions from you, so I can be "ready" when the day comes.
It's a big car, I guess I will "test drive" again, make sure no visible damages, test all seats…, all buttons….

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
CGJ999
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M-C. And X3 X-Drive 30e

Garage List
Take your order form / spec sheet and tick them off. With current shortages of parts - its easy for things to have been deleted / missed. Make sure you get all the items you ordered.
My dealer was great and sent me loads of photos when the car landed. So I had an opportunity to have a good study. They had shipped my car minus the Shadowline trim which Id ordered. Delayed delivery to me by a week as they had to get the parts shipped over from Europe. All sorted in the end though. And I love the car, think its flippin brilliant. Its my first BMW. But so impressed. So much so that we have just taken delivery of an X3 for my wife.
Hope all goes well and you enjoy the experience. Looking forward to seeing some phots in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 11:08 PM   #3
ImolaRay
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i Carbon Black

For my X7, I purchased it off the showroom floor with 8 miles on it. So I inspected it while/before I bought it I guess. I never test drove it, until I drove it off the lot. I did test drive other X7's at other dealers though.
I can't recommend this delivery "process", but its always worked for me. Pretty much what I have done with about 50% of my car purchases since my first in 1984. And I've been lucky, no issues ever. Only once did I order a car, 91 Mustang 5.0 - I did review all the options and test drive this one before final delv. But I am more of a car guy, I do all the research before I buy and typically know more about the vehicle than all of the sales reps and "geniuses".
You can review all of the X7 YouTube videos that some dealers put out on how to use all the features - this will prepare you to be familiar with proper operation when you go to pick it up. You have plenty of time. You can even download the owners manual.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_Owner's+Manual_01405A11056.pdf (7.39 MB, 56 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #4
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Google search Bimmerpost is your friend:

Delivery Checklist
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1817687

Extensive list - prioritize what's important for you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #5
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

I have owned or leased 12 BMW's since 2004 and every time I have been given all-weather floor liners simply by asking for them.

So definitely ask for them.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #6
Parmus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImolaRay View Post
For my X7, I purchased it off the showroom floor with 8 miles on it. So I inspected it while/before I bought it I guess. I never test drove it, until I drove it off the lot. I did test drive other X7's at other dealers though.
I can't recommend this delivery "process", but its always worked for me. Pretty much what I have done with about 50% of my car purchases since my first in 1984. And I've been lucky, no issues ever. Only once did I order a car, 91 Mustang 5.0 - I did review all the options and test drive this one before final delv. But I am more of a car guy, I do all the research before I buy and typically know more about the vehicle than all of the sales reps and "geniuses".
You can review all of the X7 YouTube videos that some dealers put out on how to use all the features - this will prepare you to be familiar with proper operation when you go to pick it up. You have plenty of time. You can even download the owners manual.
So here’s a bonehead story but too funny not to share and I can always laugh at myself. Know your instrument panel before driving off the lot. When I signed my paperwork I signed for 9 miles on the odometer. Driving away it showed 509 miles. I was mad that they drove my car for 500 miles before delivery….that was until I realized about 20 miles down the road that what I was looking at was distance to empty.
Appreciate 3
      02-28-2024, 03:04 AM   #7
sasaezme
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

It's been a very long time but, definitely give it a thorough once-over - from testing all the buttons to checking out each seat for comfort and functionality.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 03:06 AM   #8
sasaezme
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

When I picked up my first BMW, I remember feeling a mix of nerves and excitement. One thing I'd suggest is to take your time during the inspection. Check every nook and cranny, test every feature, and don't hesitate to ask questions. It's your moment to make sure everything's perfect. Also, consider joining online forums or communities to find more tips and tricks from fellow BMW enthusiasts.

Last edited by sasaezme; 03-06-2024 at 06:22 AM..
Appreciate 0