BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Wifey’s X7 Brooklyn Grey XPEL Stealth on HREs

02-28-2024, 07:58 PM   #89
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEvan1923 View Post
Massive props for doing it yourself. I would be a ball of nerves installing the PPF. I’ve watched install videos and the material looks fairly forgiving but I don’t think I have the patience/fortitude to do it half as nicely as your final product. Good job by you.
Thanks! I try to DIY when possible. This isn’t your typical DIY project but it turned out nice 👍
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 10:21 PM   #90
NewX7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i, X7 (ordered)

Major props on the DIY! I just did a full 2 step ceramic (clay then wax) on my new (2nd) X7 in the same color with M trim and when I got to the front of the car I thought holy hell how does anyone actually wrap these things? It was a pain in the ass just spraying and wiping, not to mention getting a wrap perfect, lol. It both instantly told me I both made the right decision not to do the wrap and definitely not to try it myself, haha! (BTW for the ceramic I used Griot's synthetic clay and ceramic speed wipe and then followed up with 3 and 1 all around. Used the Griot's ceramic glass on all the glass. It's a mirror-like finish all around, including the glass. Obviously the opposite of a wrap, but definitely the best looking finish I've ever had on a vehicle. I traded in my 2019 X7 in the black/blue metallic finish that was just a magnet for scratches, swirls, dings, dust, dirt and everything in between. Couldn't be happier!)
Attached Images

Last edited by NewX7; 02-28-2024 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 08:37 AM   #91
tewai
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 LCI Frozen Pure Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by espressoo View Post
These off the shelf wheels and offset fits well and looks good. It’s not super flush but good enough for a family SUV. You could opt for HRE forged wheels and get any offset you want but that’s 3x-4x the cost. The thought of fuel consumption while buying wheels for an SUV never crossed my mind. Mounted wheels/tires for the X7 is heavy AF if you’ve never had to swap or physically move them around the garage.
Thx for answer, I'm thinking of buying those because they are very nice but I might keep OEM size and do spacers instead if I get TUV certified.
Appreciate 0