BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Luggage Separating Net retrofitting

02-27-2024, 03:47 PM   #1
Jacek_PL
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40d, BMW X1, MB GLA AMG

Luggage Separating Net retrofitting

Hi. I made a small mistake in the configuration of the new car (LCi) and being sure that the Luggage Separating Net (part. no 1 on attached diagram) was standard (I had it on Pre-Lci), I did not pay attention to the necessity of ordering it - a mistake I noticed while packing the car for a first ski trip....
Have any of you researched the topic of retrofitting the luggage separation net? The net itself, of course, is not a problem - you can buy it, the cost is not some huge, but it turns out that the X7 does not have as standard the brackets / sockets for its installation in the headliner (!) (they occur when you order the net at the configuration stage).
Has anyone already tried to solve this problem of "adding" in the headliner these sockets? or is it necessary to replace the headliner? Or maybe it is enough just to cut it in the right place, where underneath there are places to screw the sockets for mounting the net (these "sockets" I also found - you can buy these parts)?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 06:06 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

More than likely the holes are already in the headliner for #8 & #9 (the hardware screws). If you were to look up the headliner in one of the online parts database sites…if there are different part nbrs for headliners….one with and one without the mounting holes for the dividing net would be revealed. My money would be on that there’s only one headliner so the holes are already there. It would cost a lot of money to make two different headliners to install on the assembly line based on if the holes need to be there vs not being there. Or perhaps the instructions have you drill a pilot hole to mount the support brackets (#4, #5, #6,
#7).

Your local BMW dealership’s parts department could pull up the installation instructions if they know how to access BMW ASAP (after sales assistance portal).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 06:25 PM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Could the areas circled in red be the location for the front support (#4 & #5) and rear support (#6 & #7) in the headliner? Again, the install instructions from BMW ASAP would verify their installation placement.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0