F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > BMW Ultimate Drive Smartphone App Offering $300 Credit Towards New 2012 3 Series
ARMA SPEED

03-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: n/a

Dear Moderator:

I'm from SocialNav, developer of the Ultimate Drive app with BMW Financial Services. I and my team would like to answer some of these questions without explicitly selling. Would that be okay with you? I can't PM until 5 posts so I'm asking here, in public.

Best regards,

Daniel Pifko
Co-Founder & CEO
SocialNav, Inc.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialnav View Post
Dear Moderator:

I'm from SocialNav, developer of the Ultimate Drive app with BMW Financial Services. I and my team would like to answer some of these questions without explicitly selling. Would that be okay with you? I can't PM until 5 posts so I'm asking here, in public.

Best regards,

Daniel Pifko
Co-Founder & CEO
SocialNav, Inc.
That's fine, please do. Welcome to the site.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #25
danarcher
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i F30, 1984 325e E30

Garage List
1984 BMW 325e  [0.00]
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
@socialnav I'd like to get an official response or PM about this. I've been in contact with my dealership and I'll be contacting BMW NA on Monday to get this resolved. The app update came out just a week after I bought my car at the dealership. The first payment is not due until April 14th, so from the upfront information that says "Valid until June..." it seems entirely reasonable that I should qualify. ESPECIALLY since I am now a BMW FS customer and I'm paying thousands in interest over the next 3 years. The point, however, is that customers should not be penalized for being early adopters. Take a look at when the first iPhone came out and Apple dropped the price two months later - they gave all their early adopters a credit no questions asked. The only criteria here that customers should meet is that they financed with BMW FS, and they have not yet made their first payment on their new 3-series.
      03-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #26
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by danarcher
@socialnav I'd like to get an official response or PM about this. I've been in contact with my dealership and I'll be contacting BMW NA on Monday to get this resolved. The app update came out just a week after I bought my car at the dealership. The first payment is not due until April 14th, so from the upfront information that says "Valid until June..." it seems entirely reasonable that I should qualify. ESPECIALLY since I am now a BMW FS customer and I'm paying thousands in interest over the next 3 years. The point, however, is that customers should not be penalized for being early adopters. Take a look at when the first iPhone came out and Apple dropped the price two months later - they gave all their early adopters a credit no questions asked. The only criteria here that customers should meet is that they financed with BMW FS, and they have not yet made their first payment on their new 3-series.
I'm totally sure that you can apply before the June deadline. whomever said that this is a loyalty program is mistaken. you must have an account during the times specified. That is all. once you have an account then you can apply. Simple. I should become a customer next week and then I'll apply for mine
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #27
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
That's fine, please do. Welcome to the site.
Thanks, Jason.

I'll take on the questions one at a time. For the ones where we don't answer right away, it means we're researching ;-).

Best regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #28
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
Is the voucher good anywhere or do you need to buy from the dealer where you did the test drive?
You can use it at any BMW Center in the U.S. There are a few different ordering systems, but all Centers have the ability to enter your code as part of entering the order and setting up the financing on your new car.

On behalf of each Client Advisor, of course, I'm sure they'd want the opportunity to have your business. ;-)

Happy driving,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #29
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

U.S. Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
Damn, US only
Sorry about that. As a transplanted Canadian, I feel your pain. ;-(

Using smartphone apps in this way is a new initiative. We had to roll it out out in a way that made the initial promotion and supporting technology something that could be delivered reliably, on time, working, to a specific group of people. That meant focusing on the U.S.

If it's any consolation, the core features of the apps (which are free) work in something like 60+ countries around the world, with thriving clusters of local drivers trading sweet road recommendations. Near you, I know there are a few drives through the Halton Hills, some treks up the Bruce peninsula, several on- and off-ramps throughout Toronto of special interest, etc.

Best regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintelligible View Post
What? You're overcomplicating this. The rebate program is effective 3/14 through 6/30 for existing BMWFS account holders only. If you currently finance or lease a vehicle through BMWFS, regardless of loan/lease inception date, then buy/lease an F30 from 3/14 until 6/30 through BMWFS, you can get this rebate.

Real world example: me. I currently have an '07 335i financed through BMWFS and have an F30 on order that I will sign the lease paperwork for somewhere between now and the 1st week of May. As a result, I am eligible.
Exactly.

And if you were on the fence about when to load in on a new F30, this gives you a little bit of a sweetener to do so between now and June 30.

Thanks,
Daniel
P.S. You may need to change your handle to Intelligible
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Just downloaded the app and read the rules.. unfortunately it's not for me. I am a current BMW Financial Services customer but my F30 is paid cash so, unfortunately, no incentive for me. Guess I'll delete the app again, it's mostly not for me anyways since all we can do is drive in circles on this island
Left or right circles?

Yes, this particular offer is for people who have a loan/lease and are financing a new F30.

By the way, have you found any roads in the app that you didn't know about? My friends keep surprising me with new bits of asphalt in areas I thought I knew.

Best regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #32
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danarcher View Post
Hi Dan,

I'll look into it. I won't be able to get an answer back to you until the work week starts, but at least wanted to let you know it's in the pipeline.

The same applies to timing questions from Enkur, Entropic Artist and others.

Have a good weekend,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #33
danarcher
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1984 BMW 325e  [0.00]
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
@socialnav

Thank you (fellow) Daniel. I just want a fair resolution.

Thanks,
Daniel
      03-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #34
johntchow
#beastmodeallday
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

Quote:
no offense, i mean, i hope you get your rebate, but i think you are rationalizing quite a bit. if the promo starts effective a certain date, there is no entitlement just because A, B, C, or D. ive been in situations where i purchase a product and a rebate comes out for it a couple weeks later. the manufacturer has no obligation to honor purchases made prior to the incentive. to me, its no different than any sort of loyalty incentive that bmwfs pushes out each month. just cause you sign and take delivery on the last day of the month and the next day an incentive comes out, bmwfs is under no obligation to honor the new incentive, and to be quite honest, probably wont.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #35
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Left or right circles?

Yes, this particular offer is for people who have a loan/lease and are financing a new F30.

By the way, have you found any roads in the app that you didn't know about? My friends keep surprising me with new bits of asphalt in areas I thought I knew.

Best regards,

Daniel
lol we can do both left and right, it's two way traffic haha

Nah, I the app hasn't given me anything new, then again, we're really limited as to where we can go. I have most of it already explored

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #36
danarcher
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1984 BMW 325e  [0.00]
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntchow
Quote:
no offense, i mean, i hope you get your rebate, but i think you are rationalizing quite a bit. if the promo starts effective a certain date, there is no entitlement just because A, B, C, or D. ive been in situations where i purchase a product and a rebate comes out for it a couple weeks later. the manufacturer has no obligation to honor purchases made prior to the incentive. to me, its no different than any sort of loyalty incentive that bmwfs pushes out each month. just cause you sign and take delivery on the last day of the month and the next day an incentive comes out, bmwfs is under no obligation to honor the new incentive, and to be quite honest, probably wont.
True but under most purchasing situations, you'd be able to return the item or exchange it and apply the rebate.
      03-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #37
Sphinx-3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkur View Post
cool... just got my voucher. Nice to get $300 off with no effort
When did you sign your contract? I assume before 3/14/12??
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #38
Enkur
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
no I dont have any contract signed. Actually I might not able to use this $300 as I am now waiting to order the 335i with the M-Sport package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpinx View Post
When did you sign your contract? I assume before 3/14/12??
      04-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #39
GuhBookGi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

If I've already purchased my car (w/in the eligible timeframe), can the voucher still be applied? (After purchase)

I haven't made my first payment yet but it's coming up in May.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #40
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuhBookGi View Post
If I've already purchased my car (w/in the eligible timeframe), can the voucher still be applied? (After purchase)

I haven't made my first payment yet but it's coming up in May.
If you and the dealer have already ordered a vehicle, the Ultimate Drive voucher code will be needed when you go to the BMW Center to take delivery of the vehicle. You can only use the code before picking up the vehicle.

For European delivery, the voucher code should be entered at the time you sign the contract. The code is processed when you're in Europe. If the dealer holds to the contract to add any additional products (like rust protection) once the you return from Europe the code can be entered then.

Best regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #41
RedlineSi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
If you and the dealer have already ordered a vehicle, the Ultimate Drive voucher code will be needed when you go to the BMW Center to take delivery of the vehicle. You can only use the code before picking up the vehicle.

For European delivery, the voucher code should be entered at the time you sign the contract. The code is processed when you're in Europe. If the dealer holds to the contract to add any additional products (like rust protection) once the you return from Europe the code can be entered then.

Best regards,

Daniel
I placed my order last Friday. I currently finance through bmwfs. When I get the code, should I email it to my CA now?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #42
socialnav
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
I placed my order last Friday. I currently finance through bmwfs. When I get the code, should I email it to my CA now?
Yes, it needs to get to the CA. Email, voice, FB message - as long as they receive it.

Regards,

Daniel
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #43
wdlv
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialnav
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineSi View Post
Yes, it needs to get to the CA. Email, voice, FB message - as long as they receive it.

Regards,

Daniel
Thanks, had my account set up the day before yesterday and logged into the Ultimate Drive App to get the voucher. Got it and sent the voucher to my CA and the financial rep for confirmation. Now I wait...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #44
pcbrew
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
Thanks, had my account set up the day before yesterday and logged into the Ultimate Drive App to get the voucher. Got it and sent the voucher to my CA and the financial rep for confirmation. Now I wait...
What did you do to get the account setup ahead of time?
Appreciate 0