BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Comparing two listings in options and price

12-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #1
Archie007
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Comparing two listings in options and price

Would love to get the pro thoughts on two listings to help fine tune my understanding.

First time buying a beamer and first time buying a car in a very long time.

My first question would be what are the missing options from the attached picture that would qualify it as "fully loaded". (5UXCX6C9f92640) Assuming that they are somewhat reasonable to find options. It seems to have cold weather, DHP, driver assistance, luxury seating and executive. What else should I be looking out for. This was priced at 74k

I ask bc I saw two listings (5UXCX6C9D21666) and couldnt quite figure what justified such a large price difference. Is this just one dealer overpricing a car versus another dealer underpricing it? Is it that big a difference going from 2021 to 2020? Want to make sure I'm not missing anything else from all options perspective

Link for the 2020 http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/29C56A48

Link for the 2021 https://www.griecocars.com/certified...08415cdfcd.htm
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 12:22 PM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Input each full 17 digit VIN at this VIN decoding website below to see how each one is optioned. BTW..”fully loaded” is a much overused sales cliche”…usually by a seller that sees a vehicle with either nice appointment, or a few nice options…rarely is it an accurate assessment of truth.

For example, the X7 you posted with the VIN that ended in 92640 has lots of nice options…its interior is Vernasca leather (which is the base/entry leather). If it had the optional Merino leather…that would be a higher quality interior. But it was up-optioned with a real leather dash…but the seats have the basic Vernasca instead of the higher option Merino leather. Is it optioned well? Yes. But is it “fully loaded”? No, due to the base leather interior seating surfaces.

Run the full 17 digit VINs here (you only have 14 digits in your original post): www.mdecoder.com

FYI…if you’re going to be joining the “club”… learn quickly that a Beamer is a BMW motorcycle (2 wheels) & a Bimmer is a BMW automobile (4 wheels).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 12-07-2023 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 12:23 PM   #3
XB7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G63 & 24 XB7

Garage List
2024 XB7  [10.00]
The white one is a model year newer and is CPO so you get that warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 01:11 PM   #4
keg97
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 & X7

Besides the base leather, the first one is missing the B&W system and captains chairs. Not all of us want captains, but that is a $ option.
Appreciate 1
XB7123.50
      12-07-2023, 04:45 PM   #5
Archie007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Input each full 17 digit VIN at this VIN decoding website below to see how each one is optioned. BTW..”fully loaded” is a much overused sales cliche”…usually by a seller that sees a vehicle with either nice appointment, or a few nice options…rarely is it an accurate assessment of truth.

For example, the X7 you posted with the VIN that ended in 92640 has lots of nice options…its interior is Vernasca leather (which is the base/entry leather). If it had the optional Merino leather…that would be a higher quality interior. But it was up-optioned with a real leather dash…but the seats have the basic Vernasca instead of the higher option Merino leather. Is it optioned well? Yes. But is it “fully loaded”? No, due to the base leather interior seating surfaces.

Run the full 17 digit VINs here (you only have 14 digits in your original post): www.mdecoder.com

FYI…if you’re going to be joining the “club”… learn quickly that a Beamer is a BMW motorcycle (2 wheels) & a Bimmer is a BMW automobile (4 wheels).
Ok thank you. That's very helpful. Especially the terminology. Lol.

Just what I was looking for on the base leather. Anything else common like that they is missing.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 04:47 PM   #6
Archie007
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
The white one is a model year newer and is CPO so you get that warranty.
From what I've read, you can get a decent third party warranty in the 3-4k range. If I assume that's the value on the warranty, is it typical for a similarly optioned 2020 to be 7-8 less than an equivalent 2021?
Appreciate 0