BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

09-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #67
Jarecki
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarecki View Post
I just checked my status again today, and to my surprise my M50i just went into production today (9/24). I placed my order week ago on Monday (9/16th).
Called Genius for an update, as my status is still “Today’s the day” (been on that for almost a week now). Genius said it’s moving through production and scheduled to be built by the end of this week. It does seem that Genius has access to more details than the online system, as they had a more accurate status last time I called as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 07:54 AM   #68
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 40iM

Mine states, “Dispatched from the factory”.

Where is the factory again, SC?

Last edited by CruiseControl; 10-01-2019 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #69
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, Navigator, Mod Y Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Mine states, “Dispatched from the factory”.

Where is the factory again, SC?
Yes - South Carolina.

Per my discussion with a BMW Genius, the vehicle goes through these steps:
- after completion of build, it awaits a carrier assignment
- once assigned, it goes to the "Port" where it waits to be put on the carrier
- Carrier takes it to a "Vehicle Processing Center" - for us west coasters, its in Oxnard California (not sure about other centers)
- At Vehicle Processing Center - vehicle undergoes another inspection, and any issues are fixed
- Once inspection passes, vehicle is sent to Dealer

What I'm not sure about is what "In transit" means on the MyBMW tracking page. Does that mean on its way to the processing center? Or that it's left the center and is on its way to the dealer? Or both?

My X7 has been "at the Port" for several days, and I'm told it will arrive in Oxnard on 10/7. I asked for how long it will take from there, and the Genius said really couldn't say. I pushed and asked if it would be days, weeks, months, and she said it shouldn't be months but wouldn't say more. I'm guessing it all depends on how extensive any issues they find.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #70
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Damn you guys are impatient. I haven’t spoken to any “genius” but have followed my build closely on bmwusa.com. It’s complete and heading to the dealer which was confirmed by my salesman without having to ask. It’ll be there by Thurs/Friday which is a little over a month after I placed my order. Patience my friends.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #71
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Damn you guys are impatient. I haven’t spoken to any “genius” but have followed my build closely on bmwusa.com. It’s complete and heading to the dealer which was confirmed by my salesman without having to ask. It’ll be there by Thurs/Friday which is a little over a month after I placed my order. Patience my friends.
Well, you should be happy.

Some of us placed our orders well over a month ago and our orders are still not in production because of missing parts.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 04:10 PM   #72
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

....and I’ve been told by dealers and others that the online tracking is not accurate.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #73
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.o.t.u.s View Post
Well, you should be happy.

Some of us placed our orders well over a month ago and our orders are still not in production because of missing parts.
I had a dealer allocation that was able to be edited before it went into production so that would explain the quick turnaround.

I have some of the “delayed” options on my order so don’t know why mine would complete and others not. Perhaps it’s the leather dash since that’s not one of my options.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #74
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
....and I’ve been told by dealers and others that the online tracking is not accurate.
Mine was fairly accurate and confirmed by my salesman. It spent over a week in quality before being release. Maybe quality is code word for waiting for backordered parts

Anyway the only way you’re really going to know is if someone on the inside is physically following your build down the line. I wouldn’t bet my cards on some guy picking up the hotline.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #75
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
I had a dealer allocation that was able to be edited before it went into production so that would explain the quick turnaround.
So was mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 02:38 PM   #76
Tex_X7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i (Jon Snow)

Updated Total Timeline:
9/3 - ordered (well, existing order was altered with my specs)
9/4 - Scheduled for production
9/5 - Production begins...
9/24 - Exterior body, paint booth, and entering assembly line
9/25 - through assembly line and at quality check
9/28 - awaiting carrier assignment
9/30 - Dispatched from factory
10/2 (late at night) - Arrived at dealership
10/3 - Dealer drove it from where they get dropped off (near DFW airport less than 2 miles from Sewell Grapevine).
10/4 - Picking up from dealer after they unwrap all the plastic, tint the windows, put on the 3M bra, etc.

Here are the tease photos my sales guy sent.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-03-2019, 03:13 PM   #77
p.o.t.u.s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_X7 View Post
Updated Total Timeline:
10/3 - Dealer drove it from where they get dropped off (near DFW airport less than 2 miles from Sewell Grapevine).
10/4 - Picking up from dealer after they unwrap all the plastic, tint the windows, put on the 3M bra, etc.
Ugh! So Jealous. It sucks to wait.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 03:13 PM   #78
boss460
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Gran Coupe

After 2 weeks mine finally went from order received to scheduled for production. Meanwhile the dealer has been BSing that it's already being built. Pretty sure I got screwed because of allocations.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #79
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

I got a call from my dealer today. It’s here! The tracker still states “dispatched from factory”
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      10-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #80
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, Navigator, Mod Y Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex_X7 View Post
Updated Total Timeline:

Here are the tease photos my sales guy sent.
Congrats! Tex_X7 Looks awesome. I ordered mine a couple days after you and am hoping it arrives soon. I went black sapphire with extended shadowline, but I'm still second guessing if I should have done white like this. Yours looks so good!

That picture is making me think a white grill surround with the black grill might look pretty sweet...
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 05:19 PM   #81
Tex_X7
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50i (Jon Snow)

Thanks Jefflikescars !! Yeah would imagine you might get it next week (although the transit might be a little longer for you).

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Might see about wrap/painting it.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #82
Jarecki
Private
Rep

Quote:
Called Genius for an update, as my status is still “Today’s the day” (been on that for almost a week now). Genius said it’s moving through production and scheduled to be built by the end of this week. It does seem that Genius has access to more details than the online system, as they had a more accurate status last time I called as well.
After being in “Today’s the day” for over a week, mine suddenly jumped forward 3 steps today to “Entering Assembly Line”. Great to see some progress!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 07:53 PM   #83
CruiseControl
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I got a call from my dealer today. It’s here! The tracker still states “dispatched from factory”
I took delivery today! I will post pics this weekend!
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      10-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #84
Jarecki
Private
Rep

Quote:
After being in “Today’s the day” for over a week, mine suddenly jumped forward 3 steps today to “Entering Assembly Line”. Great to see some progress!
Today (just day after it moved to “entering assembly”) mine is already awaiting carrier assignment. So the tracker definitely skips multiple steps at a time.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 04:58 AM   #85
Jarecki
Private
Rep

Wow, mine keeps moving much faster than I anticipated. Ordered on 9/16, today it’s “Dispatched from factory”.

After waiting for my Q7 3 months when I ordered it a few years ago, this feels blazing fast!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #86
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflikescars View Post
Quote:
How "complex" was your build? Did you option the DHP/individual leather etc.? I ask because I was scheduled for week 37 production, but have gotten pushed to week 39 with no confirmed production date yet.

I was told the reason for the delay was because of the complexity of my build--which seemed a bit far-fetched as an excuse.

My order was back on 8/19.
Doesn't seem to make sense based on my build. I got the M50i, with every option except Bowers & Wilkins (regretting that) and Night Vision.

Dealer told me originally I would be 3rd week of October production, and probably receive in November. While production started sooner, it sounds like I still won't get it til late October or early November.
Bowers is amazing- but unless we stream sonically to match a CD- Apple Music, Spotify ect isn't matching the tunes with the capability of even the HK- unless I'm wrong here?
I was planning to add B&W but my wife had good argument why not, with kids we never gone be able to listen to higher quality music so HK is good enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 04:50 AM   #87
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
I was planning to add B&W but my wife had good argument why not, with kids we never gone be able to listen to higher quality music so HK is good enough.
We stream Disney stations more often then not and enjoy the B&W no matter how high the volume. Plus it looks great in comparison to the default offering.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #88
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefflikescars View Post
Quote:
How "complex" was your build? Did you option the DHP/individual leather etc.? I ask because I was scheduled for week 37 production, but have gotten pushed to week 39 with no confirmed production date yet.

I was told the reason for the delay was because of the complexity of my build--which seemed a bit far-fetched as an excuse.

My order was back on 8/19.
Doesn't seem to make sense based on my build. I got the M50i, with every option except Bowers & Wilkins (regretting that) and Night Vision.

Dealer told me originally I would be 3rd week of October production, and probably receive in November. While production started sooner, it sounds like I still won't get it til late October or early November.
Bowers is amazing- but unless we stream sonically to match a CD- Apple Music, Spotify ect isn't matching the tunes with the capability of even the HK- unless I'm wrong here?
Not sure having kids is relevant- there's never a moment when you drive with the music on 11?

I just can't hear it from the music I stream from Apple. What quality is Apple streaming and how does it compare to a compact disc?
Appreciate 0