BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum How long for production of special order?

07-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #727
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5, 2020 X7

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider View Post
I hear you. I have been reading the same different things you are reading. No one really knows what is really going to happen. When I spoke to BMW NA yesterday, the agent told me that a retrofit may be coming in the future if my car doesn't have the feature, but nothing is confirmed yet. I guess time will tell.
I know, it's a first world problem, but I'm "emotionally preparing" myself that I will never get the feature on my brand new $95k vehicle but I am getting things I actually really want that aren't going to be available on the 40i in 2021. This way I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
2019 BMW X5 xdrive40i Mineral White
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:06 AM   #728
Hsiaowei511
Counting the Days!
Rep
Drives: BMW X7,Lexus GS 350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
My week 30 just entered production!
Hey mine also! VIN assigned. we have the same week 30 so it looks like we are progressing along at the same time.
Mine too! Just got an email from my advisor and checked the site! Day. Made! 😀
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #729
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Here is another data point, I just spoke to customer relations for an update.

The website is showing my car as "awaiting carrier assignment". The rep told told me my car is at the final processing location in SC and will be at the dealer on the 10th based on the current schedule. I was also told that typically they have been arriving sooner than the scheduled day. According to the website went into the assembly line yesterday the 6th. So if it goes according to schedule they are running about a week from entering assembly line to delivery at the dealer.

In my experience entering assembly line happened roughly two weeks after getting a vin. So, if you just got your vin it appears that you are about three weeks from seeing your SAV.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #730
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
Quote:
I hear you. I have been reading the same different things you are reading. No one really knows what is really going to happen. When I spoke to BMW NA yesterday, the agent told me that a retrofit may be coming in the future if my car doesn't have the feature, but nothing is confirmed yet. I guess time will tell.
I know, it's a first world problem, but I'm "emotionally preparing" myself that I will never get the feature on my brand new $95k vehicle but I am getting things I actually really want that aren't going to be available on the 40i in 2021. This way I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
My thoughts exactly. I emotionally and mentally preparing myself too. I am sacrificing this feature and getting a 2020 (vs a newer MY21) to get the options I really want like B&W on the 40i and RES.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 10:30 AM   #731
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. I emotionally and mentally preparing myself too. I am sacrificing this feature and getting a 2020 (vs a newer MY21) to get the options I really want like B&W on the 40i and RES.
I totally get it and in the same boat, however ComingInHot and myself got lucky and will have the unicorn July build with all the 2020 options. Hopefully the CarKey thing comes to all the X7s eventually and then you'll be golden.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #732
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I totally get it and in the same boat, however ComingInHot and myself got lucky and will have the unicorn July build with all the 2020 options. Hopefully the CarKey thing comes to all the X7s eventually and then you'll be golden.
Is ComingInHot and your production dates on mdecoder.com showing a July date?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #733
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It doesn't show up yet on decoder. It just says "Vehicle not found. Try again later."
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #734
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It doesn't show up yet on decoder. It just says "Vehicle not found. Try again later."
Yea. Give it a few days to populate.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #735
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

My Week 30 build is scheduled to be completed July 22.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 09:07 PM   #736
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Quote:
Hopefully this doesn't pan out to be true for you guys! https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26409119
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #737
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ordered June 1. And now....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 09:48 PM   #738
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Same, vehicle not found yet. I guess it will populate later on.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #739
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Hopefully this doesn't pan out to be true for you guys! https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26409119
To be honest, this wasn't a function that was in there when I pulled the trigger to purchase so if it is then great and if not I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. There is always something new around the bend how you react to it is up to you.

If all else fails I'll use the exhaust sounds of the M50i to help stop my tears ...hahah
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2020, 10:30 PM   #740
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
To be honest, this wasn't a function that was in there when I pulled the trigger to purchase so if it is then great and if not I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. There is always something new around the bend how you react to it is up to you.

If all else fails I'll use the exhaust sounds of the M50i to help stop my tears ...hahah
Good point of view. I just want my 2021 to be assigned a production week already!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #741
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My X7 moved to dot 6 today (Entering Assembly Line). It has been stuck on dot 3 (Production Begins) sine 6/24. My original estimated completion date was 7/30, moved up to 7/10 and now it's 7/11. Posting this as another reference point for folks.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #742
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The website is showing my car as "awaiting carrier assignment". The rep told told me my car is at the final processing location in SC and will be at the dealer on the 10th based on the current schedule. I was also told that typically they have been arriving sooner than the scheduled day. According to the website went into the assembly line yesterday the 6th. So if it goes according to schedule they are running about a week from entering assembly line to delivery at the dealer.

In my experience entering assembly line happened roughly two weeks after getting a vin. So, if you just got your vin it appears that you are about three weeks from seeing your SAV.
Did your X7 arrive at the dealer yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 06:33 PM   #743
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

No. The website has been saying "dispatched from factory" since Wednesday. Customer support is now saying Sunday it will be delivered to the dealer and I should speak with them from this point forward. I don't want to call the dealer because I don't want to seem anxious as I'm planning to renegotiate.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 06:43 PM   #744
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No. The website has been saying "dispatched from factory" since Wednesday. Customer support is now saying Sunday it will be delivered to the dealer and I should speak with them from this point forward. I don't want to call the dealer because I don't want to seem anxious as I'm planning to renegotiate.
It took 2 days for my car to arrive at dealer in ny. I am waiting for a time to go pick up.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 06:44 PM   #745
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It took 2 days for my car to arrive at dealer in ny. I am waiting for a time to go pick up.
So yours is here? What day did it leave?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 09:18 PM   #746
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So yours is here? What day did it leave?
Left Monday and arrived Wednesday. My SA hasn't called me to pick up
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 10:09 PM   #747
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did your X7 arrive at the dealer yet? Mine was done and assigned to a carrier truck on Sunday 7/12. Expected to arrive at dealership in MD on Thursday 7/16. It hasn't left the plant yet. I called the trucking company and they said it hasn't been assigned to a load yet. Asked me to call back tomorrow and check.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 06:18 AM   #748
adamjs83
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did your X7 arrive at the dealer yet? Mine was done and assigned to a carrier truck on Sunday 7/12. Expected to arrive at dealership in MD on Thursday 7/16. It hasn't left the plant yet. I called the trucking company and they said it hasn't been assigned to a load yet. Asked me to call back tomorrow and check.
Mine arrived on Sunday according the BMW. I spoke to the store yesterday and they said it's not in their computer yet which means the MSO paperwork didn't arrive. They can't sell the car without the paperwork. The waiting continues.
Appreciate 0