F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > BMW f3x ambient lighting idea?
proTUNING Freaks

07-14-2022, 12:49 AM   #221
ptrnmck
Rep
Drives: M440i G22

Hi there, hoping someone here might be able to help! I do have pre lci 4 series, switched to benzinfabrik led modules for door panels, footwell lights and lci radio trim. All works fine, however passenger side footwell stays in blue color when the doors are open (blue/orange605 version). I thought it might be an issue with Y cable used for lci radio trim, but its the same story even when plugged directly. Would anyone know what might be wrong here? Not sure if its coding issue or original connection not pinned correctly? any thoughts on what to check? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 03:01 AM   #222
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrnmck View Post
Hi there, hoping someone here might be able to help! I do have pre lci 4 series, switched to benzinfabrik led modules for door panels, footwell lights and lci radio trim. All works fine, however passenger side footwell stays in blue color when the doors are open (blue/orange605 version). I thought it might be an issue with Y cable used for lci radio trim, but its the same story even when plugged directly. Would anyone know what might be wrong here? Not sure if its coding issue or original connection not pinned correctly? any thoughts on what to check? Thank you!
Try swapping driver and passenger footwell leds over to see if the problem moves. If it does, it's a faulty led.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 03:37 AM   #223
_F30_UK_
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d Xdrive

Quote:
Did you purchase this about 6 weeks or so ago? If so, it was a faulty batch that went out. I ordered the footwell lights from benzinfabrik and received an email saying their current batch is faulty as the entrance lights are blue and not white. So I had to wait about a week after I ordered for them to send the working parts out.

Here is the email:
Hello,
Unfortunately we have to inform you that something went wrong with article B8023.28. We made a small mistake in the production of this color.
The ambience assignment is correct in blue/orange605, but the entrance lighting is also in blue.
If this is an option for you, then we can offer it to you immediately.
Otherwise it could be a
delivery time of 4 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 03:56 AM   #224
ptrnmck
Rep

well, the module works fine on driver side when switched, then it must be wiring issue

Last edited by ptrnmck; 07-14-2022 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 07:49 AM   #225
ptrnmck
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys! yes, i tried to swap them side by side, then i got blue light on driver side, they sent me replacement module which behaved the same, so it confirms whole batch of modules was wrong. Will ask them to send another one from new batch once available. Thank again, it was really driving me crazy haha
response from benzinfabrik..

Hello,
thanks for your Mail.
No, we cannot confirm this information.
In this case please return them back to us and we can check them here.
You are the only client with this at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 05:32 PM   #226
jujudaman
Rep
Drives: 335

Wait...So footwell lights should be white until either blue or Orange605 ambient lights kick in? My footwell light are blue! I did order around that time but did not receive said email.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 03:35 AM   #227
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujudaman View Post
Wait...So footwell lights should be white until either blue or Orange605 ambient lights kick in? My footwell light are blue! I did order around that time but did not receive said email.
No, as I'd written that into the DIY and you had maybe missed that:
At open the door, the white and the blue (or orange) LED lights up and after closing the door the white is extinguishing and the blue (or what other color ever) remains as ambient light on.
If you have combo blue/orange, there it should be similar.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 04:44 AM   #228
_F30_UK_
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
No, as I'd written that into the DIY and you had maybe missed that:
At open the door, the white and the blue (or orange) LED lights up and after closing the door the white is extinguishing and the blue (or what other color ever) remains as ambient light on.
If you have combo blue/orange, there it should be similar.
That isn't the case with mine. Mine are only white when the door opens and then the white fades out and blue turns on when the door is closed.

I've not checked to see which actual LEDs are on, but there is certainly no blue light when the door first opens. Unless the white and blue are both on and the white LED is overpowering the blue LED.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 04:04 AM   #229
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi View Post
That isn't the case with mine. Mine are only white when the door opens and then the white fades out and blue turns on when the door is closed.

I've not checked to see which actual LEDs are on, but there is certainly no blue light when the door first opens. Unless the white and blue are both on and the white LED is overpowering the blue LED.
Nevertheless, that is exact your case, the second color isnt visible at door open, that occours at all mods, regardless of color combo.
So when you got ordered white/blue the first color is white.
When got blue/orange, then first color should be blue.
In case of their false color combo kit they had already stated, that this were caused by production.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 07:54 AM   #230
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi View Post

Same here. Mine is white with the door open then when it's closed it turns to the selected color which is blue for my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 02:21 AM   #231
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Same here. Mine is white with the door open then when it's closed it turns to the selected color which is blue for my car.
So does mine. I don't get the problem

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 05:07 AM   #232
ptrnmck
Rep

regardless of color combo, when you open the door it should go to bright white, afaik there are always 2 bright white leds and 2 colored (for classics/sports ambient color). Having the same modules installed my drivers side goes bright white when doors open, but passsenger side goes to blue. I would be fine with both going blue with open door, but this color mismatch looks like aliexpress mods starter pack.. not sure if that can be coded or i have repin the connection :/
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 04:25 AM   #233
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
regardless of color combo, when you open the door it should go to bright white, afaik there are always 2 bright white leds and 2 colored (for classics/sports ambient color). Having the same modules installed my drivers side goes bright white when doors open, but passsenger side goes to blue. I would be fine with both going blue with open door, but this color mismatch looks like aliexpress mods starter pack.. not sure if that can be coded or i have repin the connection :/
Exchange both sides to exclude a LED failure.
If that doesnt help, check the wiring.

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 04:52 PM   #234
ptrnmck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Exchange both sides to exclude a LED failure.
If that doesnt help, check the wiring.
did that, works as it should on drivers side. i thought it might be caused by Y cable im using to power retrofitted oem radio trim, but its the same when plugged directly. I have no idea in what order the wires should be if i start messing with the wiring of the original connection, anyone has a wiring diagram for that footwell plug?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 10:50 AM   #235
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Slight update.. I have just purchased the full replacement kit that are all over aliexpress. I was going to place an order with benzinfabrik but by the time you've spent all that money on multiple replacement chips you can get the entire kit with multi colour.

You plug into the door harness and with coding you can control the colours via settings in iDrive. Once the kit arrives I'll update on the install and finished product

I also paid extra for the replacement led lit speaker covers for both front and rear HK setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 05:42 AM   #236
orha12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 316i

I saw this kit long time ago.
The reasons i didn't bought it is because the installation looks to much complicated and the time you need to install this.
I'v bought my leds from benzinfabrik and replaced all the leds in the interior, It took me less than 20 minutes.

Wish you good luck with this and wait to see the result.
The main thing i wait to see is how you will move all the wires.
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2022, 06:41 PM   #237
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orha12 View Post
I saw this kit long time ago.
The reasons i didn't bought it is because the installation looks to much complicated and the time you need to install this.
I'v bought my leds from benzinfabrik and replaced all the leds in the interior, It took me less than 20 minutes.

Wish you good luck with this and wait to see the result.
The main thing i wait to see is how you will move all the wires.
I thought about getting the Chinese 9 color kit to have the functionality of the G series but personally was just wanting blue so the Benzinfabrik modules work just fine. Set it and leave it lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 01:40 PM   #238
Samir72
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i

Well finally ambient lighting to my door pockets, although using pre lci modules it's not that bright.

Also upgraded my HK speakers to B&W's and with the woven grey cone on the B&W's it really reflects well with the ambient lighting.

But the best big is that it sounds so better than HK.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 01:47 PM   #239
klepic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Hey all,

I got a bit of a problem with ambient lightning. I am running F30 pre LCI with Light package(it had orange dim ambient light under the door trims).

I retrofitted door panels and climate trim with 2 colours which I bought over Ali Express. There is basic Orange and White blue colours in all trims now. I coded switching colours via iDrive with Bimmercode and the issue I face right now is that when I switch from Orange to Blue colour(Classic to Orange), climate ambient works perfectly and it switches colour, however door panels does not switch colour at all, instead they stop shining and they go dark!

Now, there is two cables that comes with the door ambient trims that I have placed in the doors. One cable is with two and another with three pins. My thought is that one is for switching the colours through IDrive and another on the small switch under each of these trims(there is small switch under each door trim).

1. When trim cable with two pins is connected, switching on small switch works and I can switch colours in each door, however once I try to change colour in IDrive, as I said before, all doors goes dark. Issue with this one is that I need to manually switch colour each time in each switch and also if I switch to blue colour in doors, it must remain orange in iDrive and climate trim.

2. When trim cable with three pins is connected, switching the colours with the small switch does NOT work and when iDrive is set to Classic(orange) door trims are shining blue while climate trim shine orange(as expected). Once I change colour in iDrive to sport, doors lights goes dark(as in any case I switch to sport in iDrive) and climate trim switches the colour as expected.

This is driving me crazy for a past moths and I am not able to find the answer. Anyone could help me?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 06:11 AM   #240
Chrisf30
Rep
Drives: bmw 330e f30

Hi all, I swapped out the led modules using the ones from Benzinfabrik today on my f30 lci, but unfortunately on the first door I broke the see-through strip that leads the light (picture below)... Basically part of the tip broke straight off when I took off the led module housing and now barely any light comes through to the door.

I'm trying to find the part number of it and if it can be easily replaced, does anyone here know?

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 08:19 AM   #241
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yes that's replaceable here's a link for the part it's part number

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...d/63319239409/
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 10:20 AM   #242
Chrisf30