BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2020 X7 Battery Cover Part

03-26-2023, 03:27 PM   #1
Matthayes3741
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

2020 X7 Battery Cover Part

Greetings!

Yesterday my wife and I purchased our first BMW, a 2020 X7 M50i. Beautiful car and we are enjoying getting to know it!

One thing I noticed after getting home is that I am missing the plastic engine cover that goes over (hides) the battery on the passenger side engine compartment. Can someone help me with a part number or where to purchase? I’ve been googling and searching eBay for over an hour and still can’t find the piece (See attached). Any help would be appreciated!

I am also trying to figure out why my Digital Key doesn’t show up in the MyBMW app. It looks like this has been a challenge for a while. My X7 was built 10/2020 so it should have it… I ran the decider and did not see a Delete Digital Key line. I am using an iPhone 13 Pro and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The car also has an option to program a digital key so I assume it would show up… very frustrating but otherwise this car is great so far!

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 04:58 PM   #2
Ace6180G07
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 M50i / 2024 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthayes3741 View Post
Greetings!

Yesterday my wife and I purchased our first BMW, a 2020 X7 M50i. Beautiful car and we are enjoying getting to know it!

One thing I noticed after getting home is that I am missing the plastic engine cover that goes over (hides) the battery on the passenger side engine compartment. Can someone help me with a part number or where to purchase? I’ve been googling and searching eBay for over an hour and still can’t find the piece (See attached). Any help would be appreciated!

I am also trying to figure out why my Digital Key doesn’t show up in the MyBMW app. It looks like this has been a challenge for a while. My X7 was built 10/2020 so it should have it… I ran the decider and did not see a Delete Digital Key line. I am using an iPhone 13 Pro and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The car also has an option to program a digital key so I assume it would show up… very frustrating but otherwise this car is great so far!

Cheers!
Please see link below for the cowl part.

https://www.bmwpartsdirect.com/v-202...ody--cowl-trim

It appears to be item number 6.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ace6180G07; 03-26-2023 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 05:47 PM   #3
Matthayes3741
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace6180G07 View Post
Please see link below for the cowl part.

https://www.bmwpartsdirect.com/v-202...ody--cowl-trim

It appears to be item number 6.
THANK YOU! I was clicking through endless diagrams lol.

Now to figure out why my digital key is missing….
Appreciate 0