BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2022 3rd Row trim not matching the front trim?

01-06-2022, 06:44 PM   #67
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

I never did figure out a system to which X7's got the rear cargo cover in alcantara. I agree that it's a nice touch. But as others point out, I've removed both cargo covers from the vehicle, as I just really don't ever use them.

Best guess still is those who got extended leather interiors, but that doesn't seem a hard and fast rule. (my 2021 m50i with full black merino got the cargo cover in a canvas-like material)
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 06:50 PM   #68
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
I never did figure out a system to which X7's got the rear cargo cover in alcantara. I agree that it's a nice touch. But as others point out, I've removed both cargo covers from the vehicle, as I just really don't ever use them.

Best guess still is those who got extended leather interiors, but that doesn't seem a hard and fast rule. (my 2021 m50i with full black merino got the cargo cover in a canvas-like material)
I am actually thinking about using my Alcantra flip cover for something in my office. Maybe a lightweight shelf??? Other than that, I basically have to store it for resale value down the road as I will never put it or the roll cover back on my X7 for my needs. I also got 3 full sets of floor mats (2 carpet and 1 slush mats.) and a bunch of BMW accessories from every ambient air scent cartridge, etc….
My vehicle was a custom order for the owner of the dealership. He owns most all the luxury brand dealerships in half my state. He is a extreme high roller and only orders fully loaded flagships from his brands so it’s hard to say what else was included in my build as a perk for the dealership owner???
When Covid hit in 2020, his ( now my fully loaded X7M50i) was just being delivered after 7 months being built. He had his hands filled and told the GM that if one of their good customers would want it, he would let it go as he was too busy with his multiple dealerships. That’s where I came in from a phone call, I was there the next day to purchase. I knew very well of this particular X7 because my sales manager was telling me how hard the build was to order back when they were first trying to order everything on the options list. It was a extremely rare build back in the best of times before the madness. Probably was one of the best car moves I ever made not knowing then where the car industry was going.

Last edited by MystroX5; 01-06-2022 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      01-06-2022, 08:21 PM   #69
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:

I am actually thinking about using my Alcantra flip cover for something in my office. Maybe a lightweight shelf??? Other than that, I basically have to store it for resale value down the road as I will never put it or the roll cover back on my X7 for my needs. I also got 3 full sets of floor mats (2 carpet and 1 slush mats.) and a bunch of BMW accessories from every ambient air scent cartridge, etc….
My vehicle was a custom order for the owner of the dealership. He owns most all the luxury brand dealerships in half my state. He is a extreme high roller and only orders fully loaded flagships from his brands so it's hard to say what else was included in my build as a perk for the dealership owner???
When Covid hit in 2020, his ( now my fully loaded X7M50i) was just being delivered after 7 months being built. He had his hands filled and told the GM that if one of their good customers would want it, he would let it go as he was too busy with his multiple dealerships. That's where I came in from a phone call, I was there the next day to purchase. I knew very well of this particular X7 because my sales manager was telling me how hard the build was to order back when they were first trying to order everything on the options list. It was a extremely rare build back in the best of times before the madness. Probably was one of the best car moves I ever made not knowing then where the car industry was going.
That alcantara cover was one of my favorite surprises on the car. Did not realize it would come with it and definitely a nice touch and unique. I love seeing it when I open the liftgate
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 10:06 PM   #70
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Feb 2021 M50i build, and I sadly have the black cloth sunroof shade. To be fair, I didn't notice for a couple months until it was mentioned here and I had to check. Still... bugs me.
Blue did they give a credit or did you pay the regular alcantara price and they gave you cloth instead?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 10:50 PM   #71
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Blue did they give a credit or did you pay the regular alcantara price and they gave you cloth instead?
Oh, absolutely no credit. For these "minor" items that aren't deliniated in the vehicle specs, BMW has not, and never will give credits. Deletion of crystal glass in the volume knob, alcantara deletion on sunroof shade, 3rd row trim replaced with black plastic. And the sad thing is, more is coming, with BMW having set a goal to cut production costs by 25%.

It's not going to get better, people. It's only going to get worse, and you're going to find more and more things that have been deleted or substituted with lesser products.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 01:40 AM   #72
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
That alcantara cover was one of my favorite surprises on the car. Did not realize it would come with it and definitely a nice touch and unique. I love seeing it when I open the liftgate
Do you have a picture to show this please. Thanks
      01-07-2022, 05:52 AM   #73
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, absolutely no credit. For these "minor" items that aren't deliniated in the vehicle specs, BMW has not, and never will give credits. Deletion of crystal glass in the volume knob, alcantara deletion on sunroof shade, 3rd row trim replaced with black plastic. And the sad thing is, more is coming, with BMW having set a goal to cut production costs by 25%.

It's not going to get better, people. It's only going to get worse, and you're going to find more and more things that have been deleted or substituted with lesser products.
Not good so they are really hoping people don't notice the things that have changed by playing on their ignorance. So you get less for the same price (or more) as the 2020s. I could understand an arbitrary price drop with no definition of why and then they roll in their downgrades but leaving the price as is or higher is messed up.

Probably the majority of people owning X7s will never know what has happened because they aren't on forums and they believe what they are getting is normal. Ignorance is bliss for sure in this case. You can't unsee it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 08:33 PM   #74
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Quote:
Do you have a picture to show this please. Thanks
With third row down[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 11:11 PM   #75
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

I've never seen one of those. Mine was build as a 2020 in July 2020 and it has a black cloth cover folder shelf. But I think yours was also built the same month. Hmmm. Maybe it's because I have ivory headliner missed the cut off by a week or so. Strange.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 03:08 AM   #76
X5M50D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X7 M50d

Quote:
That’s odd as I too don’t have that alcantara finish to the tray, even though I have full alcantara to the ceiling, pillars and sun roof blinds.
When was this introduced/removed from build?
Anyone have both?
Does the alcantara tray fold in half as mine?
      01-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #77
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M50D View Post
Quote:
That's odd as I too don't have that alcantara finish to the tray, even though I have full alcantara to the ceiling, pillars and sun roof blinds.
When was this introduced/removed from build?
Anyone have both?
Does the alcantara tray fold in half as mine?
It folds in half. Material is the same as headliner and the underside has a soft feel.

The second cargo cover that covers the second and third row is not Alcantara though. Just the one that covers third row only.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 03:42 PM   #78
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Again, I haven't figured out the system to who gets that cargo cover tray in alcantara, and who gets it in canvas. Best guess is those who got the extended leather interior, not just full. But even that doesn't seem hard and fast.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 04:47 PM   #79
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Again, I haven't figured out the system to who gets that cargo cover tray in alcantara, and who gets it in canvas. Best guess is those who got the extended leather interior, not just full. But even that doesn't seem hard and fast.
Quote:
I got full merino leather in ivory for my 2020 and have the canvas.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 11:05 AM   #80
Mail4loys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i, '21 M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2020 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I got full merino leather in ivory for my 2020 and have the canvas.
I too have full merino leather on my 2020 and 3rd row tray is in canvas

Name:  IMG_0195.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  300.8 KB
2023 GMC Sierra 1500
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 05:55 PM   #81
ppnff
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7

Just took delivery - 3rd row trim is polished black and non-matching. YUCK.
Everything else is intact - touchscreen, DHP, etc.
Cargo cover is cloth - I have the standard leather. No upgrades.
Past Vehicles: 2019 X5 xDrive40i M-Sport (Week 41 Build), 2016 X5 xDrive35i, 2014 Acura MDX AWD, 2009 Mercedes E350 RWD, 2006 Infiniti G35, 2003 Honda Accord EX V6, 2000 Infiniti QX4, 1996 Honda Accord EXL, 1993 Volvo 850GLT, 1979 Mercedes 240D
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #82
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got the full merino with leather dash and alacantara headliner.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 08:00 AM   #83
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have ivory full (2020 option that no longer exists) and I didn't want the white alcantara headliner as I like the contrast with the seats and it's easier to keep clean over time. My rear cover is the same as the headliner i.e. black alcantara.

Also WildBlue I think it's the other way around… extended is the cheaper option and full is the more expensive option.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      01-15-2022, 08:03 AM   #84
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've never seen one of those. Mine was build as a 2020 in July 2020 and it has a black cloth cover folder shelf. But I think yours was also built the same month. Hmmm. Maybe it's because I have ivory headliner missed the cut off by a week or so. Strange.
Interesting huskerdoc you and I had builds right around the same time but I have the black alcantara. Maybe it's an M50i thing…:
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 08:10 AM   #85
Al Pinã
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Quote:
I have ivory full (2020 option that no longer exists) and I didn't want the white alcantara headliner as I like the contrast with the seats and it's easier to keep clean over time. My rear cover is the same as the headliner i.e. black alcantara.

Also WildBlue I think it's the other way around… extended is the cheaper option and full is the more expensive option.
Full Ivory is still available in Alpina's.
      01-15-2022, 08:12 AM   #86
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Pin  View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Full Ivory is still available in Alpina's.
Understood but it doesn't exist in the M50i as an option anymore, trying to figure out BMW's rhyme and reason to why it was different even back then pre COVID which cover people got.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #87
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting huskerdoc you and I had builds right around the same time but I have the black alcantara. Maybe it's an M50i thing…:
That could be the only explanation
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 11:27 AM   #88
TsunamiFury
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 50i, Porsche Taycan 4S+

Quote:
Dealers very commonly steal these from cars when the buyer won’t notice and sell them separately. It’s efing annoying and happened to me twice. My full leather blue one cost 900 to replace.
Appreciate 0