BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Securing a dog while traveling

04-28-2024, 01:42 PM   #1
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Securing a dog while traveling

Anyone have solutions for traveling with a dog. We'll be getting a puppy at the end of summer and I'll need to find a travel solution. Being a puppy I think a crate of some sort would be best. I've got no interest in my leather or seatbelts becoming a chew toy . Eventually it'll be 80lbs or more and that will create a new challenge.

I thinking a harness and seat protector once full size and a smaller crate while a puppy
      04-28-2024, 04:43 PM   #2
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

This is what I purchased before my car arrived. My dog doesn’t drive in the car often ( he honestly hates it vs my 4 runner), but I wanted protection when he does come with me. There isn’t a great solution that I was able to find for our cars on the seat cover front. This one works ok..not the best but does the job and works with my sons high back booster seat. For harness the Ruffwear Front range harness is great.
I have a much smaller dog though (20 lbs Cockapoo) vs what you will be dealing with once your pup is full size.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 11:08 PM   #3
Telluride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Unfortunately, Orvis changed their design of their seat protector. Reviewers are not pleased with their new G-hook mechanism. I have the prior edition of this seat protector and I am completely satisfied.

I ordered two sizes (compact and midsize). IIRC, I kept the midsize. Was not too big, sloppy fit, but rather gave better protection via extra width to cover rear arm rests under the rear windows.
https://www.orvis.com/product/orvis-...ctor/3F5B.html
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2024, 09:03 AM   #4
Steelguin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HHS/DCT

zero chance I would let my German shedder get in the M2
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2024, 09:21 AM   #5
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelguin View Post
zero chance I would let my German shedder get in the M2
Haha, I can understand that. Mine won't be a big shedder, but goofy and slobbery no doubt.

My kids have managed to numb how I feel about things remaining like they were without kids. I've been able to shake of the shoe prints on my center console and dirt all over that back of my seats