BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum My X7 50i M Sport just arrived and delivered!

03-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #133
JAKE_7
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahobo View Post
I
Granted, the Lexus has the ugliest maw on the market, so I see where BMW fans prefer to make the comparison here. The majority of the people I have spoken with, who are not brand loyalists or car aficionados, feel the Cayenne and Range Rover possess far more attractive designs. Is this a testament to quality, engineering or driving enjoyment? No. But let's be honest with ourselves as BMW owners/fans, this new line of vehicles is hideous to look at. Maybe purchasing an all black version and immediately ordering blacked-out components is the best compromise to avoid parking lot embarrassment. I highly recommend new buyers visit the IND website to make the necessary "upgrades."
This is your personal opinion which I respect. Please note that you are just one of the few haters of the new BMW lines. These cars are selling fast. If you are going to be embarrassed at the parking lot with the new BMW cars, why not buy the cayennes and range rovers. There are many choices out there for everybody.
Appreciate 2
530iDriver1707.50
stein_325i25051.00
      03-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #134
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
I've owned a lot of BMW's and would consider myself a loyal fan of the brand. The quality, fit, finish and value has been commendable compared to most competing brands. That said, I won't be purchasing any of the new vehicles with the buck-toothed front grilles. I honestly thought the first renderings of these cars were a bad joke when they first appeared on this board. I hoped the final versions would not have these exaggerated dimensions, and was thoroughly disappointed to see the designs made it to final production. I am currently on my second X5M and don't know what I'll do when it's time to trade.

Granted, the Lexus has the ugliest maw on the market, so I see where BMW fans prefer to make the comparison here. The majority of the people I have spoken with, who are not brand loyalists or car aficionados, feel the Cayenne and Range Rover possess far more attractive designs. Is this a testament to quality, engineering or driving enjoyment? No. But let's be honest with ourselves as BMW owners/fans, this new line of vehicles is hideous to look at. Maybe purchasing an all black version and immediately ordering blacked-out components is the best compromise to avoid parking lot embarrassment. I highly recommend new buyers visit the IND website to make the necessary "upgrades."
I find it hard for many people to comment on the looks without most seeing the car in real life. We all know that cars look differently in pictures. I remember hating the look of the new X6M when it just came out. Also, FWIW, the huge grill won't make it to many other BMW cars other than x7. There isn't a true 3 row Cayenne model on the market (I wonder how that could look) so I think a proper comparison would be to an x5m or x6m and BMW wins in looks compared to Cayenne. I like the exterior design of RR but hate the interior and I feel that for many driving enthusiasts RR is not a real option.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #135
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
I've owned a lot of BMW's and would consider myself a loyal fan of the brand. The quality, fit, finish and value has been commendable compared to most competing brands. That said, I won't be purchasing any of the new vehicles with the buck-toothed front grilles. I honestly thought the first renderings of these cars were a bad joke when they first appeared on this board. I hoped the final versions would not have these exaggerated dimensions, and was thoroughly disappointed to see the designs made it to final production. I am currently on my second X5M and don't know what I'll do when it's time to trade.

Gonna let you in on a little secret. Come a little closer so I can whisper it so no one hears: the X7 is a seven seater.

As for what others think about what I drive that doesn’t bother me. Maybe in time you too will evolve.

My personal opinion? X7 with M and 22s ->>>> the field.
Appreciate 5
Wild Blue3676.50
MystroX56243.00
530iDriver1707.50
PIPE_DR354.50
aas5171.00
      03-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #136
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [8.50]
Congrats! Looks amazing

N3M35IS how's the ride quality with the larger wheels? Looks wise it's unbeatable but worried the car will loose the ultra comfort 7 series ride that the standard wheels give
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      03-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #137
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Congrats! Looks amazing

N3M35IS how's the ride quality with the larger wheels? Looks wise it's unbeatable but worried the car will loose the ultra comfort 7 series ride that the standard wheels give
good question
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #138
clee1982
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
In person perspective is definitely important.

I remember when I saw X6 the first time I was like this is really ugly, then it grow on me afterwards (unlike say E60 5 series...) and X6M in person just looks really muscular
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #139
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

OP: The build looks great. Cant believe how many feel the "need" to post a disapproving comment. Why? Considering whats in the garage of the op, I dont think he needs their opinion on vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #140
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
Gonna let you in on a little secret. Come a little closer so I can whisper it so no one hears: the X7 is a seven seater.
Exactly what I was going to say! Apples and oranges here and the Rovers are CRAP still anyway. All I know that own, have constant complaints. Cayenne is sweet for a 5 seater, I've owned before and would choose over an X5. IMO, takes the cake in class.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #141
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Nice, enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #142
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Exactly what I was going to say! Apples and oranges here and the Rovers are CRAP still anyway. All I know that own, have constant complaints. Cayenne is sweet for a 5 seater, I've owned before and would choose over an X5. IMO, takes the cake in class.
I've had 3 LR Range Rovers. Two previous generation, one current. They just barely beat ONLY Chrystler/Fiat in JD Power surveys for a reason: The reliability is absurd. I need an offsite data center to store the PDF files of all my maintenance records. Struts, brakes, seat belts, air suspension, not to mention trivial electronic stuff that should just WORK, DOESNT!

The good news is that the Land Rover brand has some cache and I think Tata will eventually sell it. Hopefully to the Germans, again.

Tata is on the ropes right now with Jaguar and LR, and they don't have the resources to invest in electrification to compete. Further, they can barely keep internal combustion vehicles from falling apart. They're going to keep up with the Germans and Japanese on that front? Fireball's chance in you know where.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #143
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
I've had 3 LR Range Rovers. Two previous generation, one current. They just barely beat ONLY Chrystler/Fiat in JD Power surveys for a reason: The reliability is absurd. I need an offsite data center to store the PDF files of all my maintenance records. Struts, brakes, seat belts, air suspension, not to mention trivial electronic stuff that should just WORK, DOESNT!

The good news is that the Land Rover brand has some cache and I think Tata will eventually sell it. Hopefully to the Germans, again.

Tata is on the ropes right now with Jaguar and LR, and they don't have the resources to invest in electrification to compete. Further, they can barely keep internal combustion vehicles from falling apart. They're going to keep up with the Germans and Japanese on that front? Fireball's chance in you know where.
Yup, they are Garbage! Always have been and prob always will...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 07:17 PM   #144
swenzi
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 Escalad / 17 Panamera Turbo

Quote:

I have owned 3 Rovers as well, including my current 2018 model. When everything is working there is no other truck I rather have, but you are right there are lots gremlins that I have learned to live with. I am hoping BMW reliability will be far better. I have owned Porsches they have a ton of issues as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #145
MarkNewM5COMPETITION
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3M3S1S View Post
1st X7 my dealer has received, even before their Demo unit!

Going through pre-delivery inspection and getting detailed so I can pick her up tomorrow morning!!

Spec is
50i
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround System
M Sport Package
Second Row Captains Chairs
Tartufo Extended leather
Mineral White
Cold Weather Pack
Dynamic Handling
Luxury Seating
Premium Package

Attachment 2000714

Attachment 2000715

Taking delivery now.

Saying goodbye to our Lexus LX570

Couple of interior shots

Really like the color with the white exterior.

I'll post some more pics later today.

More Exterior Shots

More Interior Shots

How long did you have the LX570 for? I got my wife the 2019 LX570, and myself the M5 Comp
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #146
ppagiga
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNewM5COMPETITION View Post
How long did you have the LX570 for? I got my wife the 2019 LX570, and myself the M5 Comp
do you drive an m5 comp, MarkNewM5COMPETITION? lol
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #147
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
Crrrrrrrroklynnnnn! lol You're like me, M for you and Wife X7!
Why'd you buy in Ga?!

Last edited by Fegelein; 03-08-2019 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #148
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
This exterior is exactly what I wanted to order. Until I realized running boards are only an option on the Luxury edition. 😏 Serious bummer for mamas with small children, which I suspect will be a large portion of their target audience on this one. Still love it, but I’m less excited about the luxury than this killer sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #149
Bhangu
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 323I(E90) , BMW X5(F15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swenzi View Post
Quote:

I have owned 3 Rovers as well, including my current 2018 model. When everything is working there is no other truck I rather have, but you are right there are lots gremlins that I have learned to live with. I am hoping BMW reliability will be far better. I have owned Porsches they have a ton of issues as well.
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think so , BMW is on the same track as well

Let me summirize the Issues -

Last year my car was in dealership for repair for around 70 days /6 trips .Its a 2014 BMW X5 35d .Less then 110K Kms .

Below are the issues only from 2018

1.Engine light 4 times already ( 4 injectors replaced + others Issues)
2.Air Suspension failure 4 times
3.iDrive controller replaces twice
4.iDrive screen shows "NO SIGNAL" while driving anytime randomly
5.Underbody shield hanging from the car
6.Blind Spot Malfunction Waring
7.Front Control Arm replaced
Above were covered under warranty

8.Engine Carbon Clean up - $2000 Paid .As per BMW this not covered under warranty .

I spends hours on phone /emails to get my car fixed from BMW Canada , specially in Canada the customers have no protection from Govt nor any Law in your favour so these companies give you really hard time .

+ to add Car is under recall related to fire but BMW have no clue how to fix it .
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #150
swenzi
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 Escalad / 17 Panamera Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhangu View Post

Last year my car was in dealership for repair for around 70 days /6 trips .Its a 2014 BMW X5 35d .Less then 110K Kms .

8.Engine Carbon Clean up - $2000 Paid .As per BMW this not covered under warranty .

I spends hours on phone /emails to get my car fixed from BMW Canada , specially in Canada the customers have no protection from Govt nor any Law in your favour so these companies give you really hard time .

+ to add Car is under recall related to fire but BMW have no clue how to fix it .
Damn, looks like all these European luxury car makers have a thing or two to learn from their Japanese counterparts. I can't stand their stylings otherwise I would have bought a Lexus a long time ago, heard their reliability and customer service is un matched.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #151
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhangu View Post

Damn, looks like all these European luxury car makers have a thing or two to learn from their Japanese counterparts. I can't stand their stylings otherwise I would have bought a Lexus a long time ago, heard their reliability and customer service is un matched.
Lexus also have problems. That brand has had a decline since 2009. Take time to peruse through the many issues and customer service problems experienced by Lexus owners. There is no free lunch.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #152
MarkNewM5COMPETITION
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
do you drive an m5 comp, MarkNewM5COMPETITION? lol
I do 👍
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #153
MarkNewM5COMPETITION
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Why'd you buy in Ga?!
I bought it in NYC- not GA.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #154
MarkNewM5COMPETITION
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Why'd you buy in Ga?!
The LX570 i got in NYC- where i am from and the M5C from Jersey
Appreciate 0