forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Seat Position and Keys

08-26-2023, 09:10 AM   #1
X7forme
Rep
Drives: X7

Seat Position and Keys

Just go my 2024 X7. We use one key as we live in NYC. I don't want the seat position to change when, for example, my wife is using the car and unlocks the door. I want the seat position to stay as it was the last time the car was locked. I don't want the seat position to be assigned to the key. Not sure how to do this.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2023, 01:57 PM   #2
EVRollerTech
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Go into Seat Comfort and uncheck Automatically use seat position for the driver’s seat. I would recommend just ditch the key altogether and use the BMW Digital Key Plus with your phone (assuming you both have a compatible phone) then you can set up separate profiles to each of your phones and then if you need to bring a physical key with you for parking/valet etc just don’t link that key to either profile
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 08:52 PM   #3
LeKayz
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVRollerTech View Post
Go into Seat Comfort and uncheck Automatically use seat position for the driver’s seat. I would recommend just ditch the key altogether and use the BMW Digital Key Plus with your phone (assuming you both have a compatible phone) then you can set up separate profiles to each of your phones and then if you need to bring a physical key with you for parking/valet etc just don’t link that key to either profile
Secondary user cannot setup digital keys. Believe me I tried lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 09:50 AM   #4
EVRollerTech
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKayz View Post
Secondary user cannot setup digital keys. Believe me I tried lol.
Yes a secondary user can’t create a DK+ however as long as one of your BMW IDs is set as the primary user and you create the DK+ with that phone/BMW ID you then just share the DK+ to the other phone. This definitely works for us, wife and I both have iPhone 14’s and I shared the key via Apple wallet to her. The DK+ works pretty darn good and even if both of us are getting into the car with our phones at the same time it can sense which one of us is actually in the driver’s seat and load up the correct profile
Appreciate 2
LeKayz85.50