BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Coding

05-23-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Coding

This may be addressed in another forum and if it is I am sorry I could not find it. I just finished coding my Idrive so the tire temperatures would be displayed with the pressures. Since I did that my speedometer which was over reading my 1 mph per Waze now over reads by 5 mph. Is this just a coincidence or should the coding in of the temperature have affected my speedometer reading? Any thoughts anybody?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:09 PM   #2
yvnrg1981
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

I have to speedo issue...supposedly there is an idrive update for that. Sometimes my speedo is on point others times it's 5 mph over.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 12:26 AM   #3
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissguy View Post
This may be addressed in another forum and if it is I am sorry I could not find it. I just finished coding my Idrive so the tire temperatures would be displayed with the pressures. Since I did that my speedometer which was over reading my 1 mph per Waze now over reads by 5 mph. Is this just a coincidence or should the coding in of the temperature have affected my speedometer reading? Any thoughts anybody?

Thanks
Is Waze always reliable ? .... there are lots of differing opinions on this and some circumstances that can change the accuracy.
      05-24-2020, 04:27 AM   #4
TaytoX7
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 Xdrive40i M Sport

Waze should not be used to compare speeds with as it is gps calculated ground speed across a modelled earth wgs84. It does not take into account inclinations or altitude. The only time it would ever reliably match a speedometer is at sea level across flat ground.
Appreciate 1
UKMS110.00