BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Ecclestone latest f#@k up.

10-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Ecclestone latest f#@k up.

Quote:
After enraging the world with his remarks about Hitler earlier this year, Bernie Ecclestone is once again making headlines for the wrong reasons.

Sections of the international media are reporting disbelief at the F1 chief executive's latest controversial comments about the late triple world champion Ayrton Senna.

After greeting Senna's sister Viviane and her son Bruno in the Interlagos paddock at the weekend, the 78-year-old was quoted as saying the Brazilian's death during the 1994 world championship was ultimately "good for F1".

"He was unfortunate," Ecclestone told the local Folha de S.Paulo newspaper, "but the publicity generated by his death was so much ... it was good for F1.

"It was a shame that we had to lose Ayrton, but it happened. He was very popular, but the actual event interested so many people who did not know about the sport," he added.
Has the man lost touch with reality?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Wow!

I think Bernie's timely passing in a fiery plane crash would be "good for F1."

edit: Bernie is proof, time and time again, that money can not buy good common sense and class.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Yah...i didn't get it either...but not surprised from a f*cked up old man....
i think what he meant...Senna didn't die in vain...but his brain just cannot put it in a better way....geez...might as well just STFU Bernie!!!
      10-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
i think what he meant...Senna didn't die in vain...but his brain just cannot put it in a better way....geez...might as well just STFU Bernie!!!
I don't agree, I think what he meant was that his death boosted interest in the sport. The problem with that comment is that ultimately it also increased his own personal weath.

The close racing is the only thing that deserves such a comment, not the death of one of it's greatest drivers.

If he had of said that due to Senna's death the whole way cars were designed was changed and are now much safer because of that event then probably no one would have thought anything of it but his comments were totally wrong ONCE AGAIN.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I don't agree, I think what he meant was that his death boosted interest in the sport. The problem with that comment is that ultimately it also increased his own personal weath.

The close racing is the only thing that deserves such a comment, not the death of one of it's greatest drivers.

If he had of said that due to Senna's death the whole way cars were designed was changed and are now much safer because of that event then probably no one would have thought anything of it but his comments were totally wrong ONCE AGAIN.
Shit...if Bernie wants to boost interest in F1...he might as well retire or drop dead....
      10-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Shit...if Bernie wants to boost interest in F1...he might as well retire or drop dead....
      10-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
      10-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post

The problem is, he can't form his thoughts into socially acceptable sentences. The man is a complete idiot. The Hitler comment was the same. He wanted to say Max ran the FIA to a T. But instead said Hitler was a good leader just like Max. All he had to say here was that Senna's passing made everyone realize that it is not just rookie mistakes that can cause a death. If a triple world champ can die it means the cars are not safe enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
The problem is, he can't form his thoughts into socially acceptable sentences. The man is a complete idiot. The Hitler comment was the same. He wanted to say Max ran the FIA to a T. But instead said Hitler was a good leader just like Max. All he had to say here was that Senna's passing made everyone realize that it is not just rookie mistakes that can cause a death. If a triple world champ can die it means the cars are not safe enough.
He needs a PR representative to re-phrase everything before it goes out to the public...
      10-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550

Lets face it, he is rich, old and he is running the sport. An idiot with power basically.
Appreciate 0