BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Force India debuts VJM03

02-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Force India debuts VJM03

Pictures attached...will they be on the podium at least once like last season???

Quote:
Force India reveal VJM03 in online launch

Force India have become the latest team to present the car with which they will compete in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship. The VJM03, which will be raced by the unchanged driver line-up of Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi this season, was unveiled online on Tuesday morning.

The Silverstone-based team may have made a name for themselves last season, scoring their first pole position, points and podium, but they are hoping their new Mercedes-engined car will power them to even greater things in 2010.

“Our goal is to continue on the same path of performance improvement that we had at the end of 2009,” said Force India’s chairman and team principal Dr Vijay Mallya. “I don't think I am being over-proud when I say 2009 was an exceptional year for us. The bare statistics say it all: one podium, one pole position, one fastest lap, a further five top 10 starts and 13 points.

“We've learnt from our experiences and we've come out a better team: resilient, resourceful and now resurgent. I hope 2010 will see this great progress carrying forward. We've got one podium so far but I would hope that, this time next year, I'm talking about more points and more podiums. I'm confident we can get this, why not aim high?”

The VJM03 has been designed in-house at the team's UK facility by a unit led by design director Mark Smith. Although very much an evolution of its predecessor, the new car incorporates the 2010 rule changes, including the switch to narrower front tyres and the need for a much larger fuel tank as a result of the refuelling ban.

“The VJM03 is definitely an evolution of the VJM02 in terms of the design philosophies we have developed at Force India over the last year,” explained Smith. “We are very happy with the direction, therefore we have opted to evolve the car rather than significantly revise.

"It's a natural progression in areas which seemed to have strong trends at the end of 2009, and in other areas it's quite different. The back of the car is the area that has evolved most as everyone has had a year of experience with the double diffusers so we've all gone into 2010 much wiser to what we can do.

“Obviously one of the major aspects we have had to contend with are regulation changes which have had a considerable impact on some aspects of the design of the car. The removal of refuelling from races increases the amount of fuel needed to be stored in the cars - almost twice the amount we ran in 2009. There is a compromise now: either make the car much longer or wider, or, as we have done, a combination of both. This of course has influenced the mechanical design solutions and also the aerodynamics, specifically with respects to the diffuser and bodywork.”

Both Sutil and Liuzzi are thrilled with their new car and spoke of their hopes for the season ahead: “2010 is a really important season and we are very optimistic about going well,” said Sutil. “I think this year it's important to be consistent from the first race. I'd like to be in the midfield and be competitive from Bahrain.

"It's the first time we have been completely on schedule so I feel this will be the first season when I can show from the beginning to the end what is possible with the car and what I can do. Of course we will have updates and performance packages from this point on but I hope we will be strong from the first practice session rather than compromising at the start.”

Liuzzi, who was promoted from his reserve role to a race seat in September 2009 after Giancarlo Fisichella moved to Ferrari to replace the injured Felipe Massa, added: “After one and a half years in a test role, I feel really prepared, both physically and mentally for a full race season. My objective is to be as strong and consistent as possible and give good feedback to the team to help them improve. For sure scoring points as many times as I can is going to be the key and you never know, perhaps we can get something more as well if everything comes together.”

Following its Tuesday launch, the VJM03 will make its testing debut at the Spanish circuit of Jerez on Wednesday. Liuzzi will be in charge of driving duties for the first two days, before Sutil takes over on Friday and Saturday.
Attached Images

02-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

If Brawn has a season like they did last year, but now with schumacher, they could take every podium finish haha. Now that would be a season! Shut out, 1st place every race event. haha. This seriously will be one of the most memorable formula one seasons. I hope Michael makes Ferrari eat it.
      02-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
If Brawn has a season like they did last year, but now with schumacher, they could take every podium finish haha. Now that would be a season! Shut out, 1st place every race event. haha. This seriously will be one of the most memorable formula one seasons. I hope Michael makes Ferrari eat it.
I'll just stop watching half way when WDC and WCC has been decided...
Schumi dominance will drive away TV audience...

The last race or two to determine who is WDC is always exciting...and something like Brazil 2008 and 2009....
      02-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Mercedes GP is not the fastest car yet. And with top drivers in top teams it's going to be hard for Michael to endlessly win. So far it's looking like Alonso is on top, followed by Hamilton, Massa, and then Schumacher. And the Red Bull hasn't even been launched!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
i like

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

meh...
      02-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

am i the only one hating how much white is on the cars this year?
      02-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
am i the only one hating how much white is on the cars this year?
I guess thats why my eye is drawn back to the VR-01.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
FR33160
Banned
Rep
Drives: S550-AW 335i

Car is okay but its kind of a joke to be be call the team Forza India and no indian driver. POS Team.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
It's OK looking.

I need a drink