BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Bathurst 12 hour

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-31-2020, 11:04 PM   #1
HFW003
Colonel
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
2779
Rep
2,831
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Bathurst 12 hour

For those interested, the Bathurst 12 hour is on this weekend.

Currently about 40C out there now so I will wouldn’t like to be pushing a car around!

Should be, as always, some good racing with the top ten shoot out in about an hour and half.

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3539.00

      02-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7124
Rep
5,420
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
For those interested, the Bathurst 12 hour is on this weekend.

Currently about 40C out there now so I will wouldn’t like to be pushing a car around!

Should be, as always, some good racing with the top ten shoot out in about an hour and half.

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/
Is there another race for Bathurst with the Mustangs and Commodores?
I've lost touch since I last saw it and don't know where all these 911's and other sports cars have come from
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #3
HFW003
Colonel
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
2779
Rep
2,831
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Is there another race for Bathurst with the Mustangs and Commodores?
I've lost touch since I last saw it and don't know where all these 911's and other sports cars have come from
Today’s race is for GT3 cars and it has literally just started.

We have what is called Supecars. This is the Mustangs and Commodores which race a series throughout the year with the Bathurst 1000 in October and we have a race in my City.

https://www.supercars.com/bathurst1000/

Actually there is also a six hour which is for production cars.

http://www.bathurst6hour.com.au/
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #4
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7124
Rep
5,420
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
Today’s race is for GT3 cars and it has literally just started.

We have what is called Supecars. This is the Mustangs and Commodores which race a series throughout the year with the Bathurst 1000 in October and we have a race in my City.

https://www.supercars.com/bathurst1000/

Actually there is also a six hour which is for production cars.

http://www.bathurst6hour.com.au/
Aha- thanks.
Appreciate 1
HFW0032778.50

      02-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #5
Tambohamilton
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
707
Rep
1,904
Posts

Drives: E91 330d
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Such a cool track. Love it.
Appreciate 1
HFW0032778.50

      02-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #6
apexit4
Major
Poland
1121
Rep
1,065
Posts

Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

This is a race and track that I'd love to visit one day. Definitely plan on heading out there if I ever make it to Australia. I love watching the GT and Supercars race here, one of my favorite races all year long.
Appreciate 2
HFW0032778.50

      02-03-2020, 05:21 AM   #7
fastcars
Private First Class
Australia
27
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Definitely have to visit if you get the chance. I was lucky as I went to Uni in Bathurst so had many chances to drive around it

Two things that you will notice:-
1) how steep the gradient is from griffins bend to the cutting, it is 1:6.13.
2) how close the concrete walls are to the track.

Also, it's a public two-way road with a speed limit of 60km/h when there is no racing being conducted.
Appreciate 1
HFW0032778.50

      02-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #8
M5theonlyone
Major General
United Kingdom
7124
Rep
5,420
Posts

Drives: BMW M5 V8 Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcars View Post
Definitely have to visit if you get the chance. I was lucky as I went to Uni in Bathurst so had many chances to drive around it

Two things that you will notice:-
1) how steep the gradient is from griffins bend to the cutting, it is 1:6.13.
2) how close the concrete walls are to the track.

Also, it's a public two-way road with a speed limit of 60km/h when there is no racing being conducted.
Have an uncle living in N Sydney and says the speed limits are rigidly enforced with patrol cars and cameras at many random points.
Appreciate 1
HFW0032778.50

      02-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #9
pseto
Major General
pseto's Avatar
United_States
453
Rep
7,561
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Rockville, MD

iTrader: (4)

Fun race to watch at an awesome track, Hope to get there one day.

Too bad the kangaroo ruined it for the M6
__________________
Paul Seto - BMW Car Club of America
National Capital Chapter (MD/DC/NoVA), President

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 1
HFW0032778.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST