BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Driver's seat belt issue

10-19-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
cwiginton
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive 45e

Driver's seat belt issue

We picked up my wife's X7 last week and she is having an issue with the lack of height adjustment on the seat belt in the front seat. She is 5'4" tall and adjusting the seat still doesn't get the seat belt into a position where it does not rub on her neck.

Has anyone found any sort of solution to this issue (other than a furry seat belt pad, which I have threatened to buy for her)?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #2
gsobol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Unfortunately that's one of those conundrums that baffles everyone from average joe, car journalists and professional drivers. Why you can adjust the seatbelt on the rear seats, but not the front? Was there an engineering mishap somewhere? Did BMW engineer said f... it, we'll do it opposite of what everyone else is doing? No clue. I think outside of the seat belt squirrel, the other solution is - change the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwiginton View Post
We picked up my wife's X7 last week and she is having an issue with the lack of height adjustment on the seat belt in the front seat. She is 5'4" tall and adjusting the seat still doesn't get the seat belt into a position where it does not rub on her neck.

Has anyone found any sort of solution to this issue (other than a furry seat belt pad, which I have threatened to buy for her)?

Thanks
We have a seatbelt harness for our kids which are about 5' tall and have the same problem. It's probably not worth it for an adult; however if she's willing to wear a harness, I promise it will solve her problem.
Ours is the "kids safe" brand one, I can send you a link if you're interested.
Appreciate 0