BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Road preview

10-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
Olekiller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 bmw 750 li , 2019 bmw x7 4o

Road preview

I want to say that after having an x7 without road preview for a whole year. And having one with it.... Wait for it. ... It's a damn gimmick. I haven't noticed a single difference. Anyone else can pitch in on this. Maybe mine is not working or am doing something wrong
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olekiller View Post
I want to say that after having an x7 without road preview for a whole year. And having one with it.... Wait for it. ... It's a damn gimmick. I haven't noticed a single difference. Anyone else can pitch in on this. Maybe mine is not working or am doing something wrong
are you using the adaptive suspension options?

I don't notice any difference in sport or comfort. but with the GPS locked in an address and using adaptive suspension, I think it does make a difference.

but maybe it's in my head. but I was told you need to be using GPS and Adaptive suspension option to make any use of road preview by a BMW "genius"
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 01:59 AM   #3
Wanderer73
Major
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olekiller View Post
are you using the adaptive suspension options?

I don't notice any difference in sport or comfort. but with the GPS locked in an address and using adaptive suspension, I think it does make a difference.

but maybe it's in my head. but I was told you need to be using GPS and Adaptive suspension option to make any use of road preview by a BMW "genius"
Hard to quantify and experience for me, but the DHP is very noticeable compared to an X7 without, that I drove for a while.
Appreciate 0