BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Schumacher injuries force cancellation of comeback

08-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #23
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

HAHAHA. great poster.

i'm bummed that schumi won't be back, but it is probably for the best.
      08-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #24
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Although I am dissapointed, I guess I am glad that Schumy became wiser after retirement. He says it's the injury, but who knows... it may just be that he realized that he's not good enough anymore...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 02:17 AM   #25
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
Schumacher hasn’t yet ruled out a return

At a press conference held in Geneva on Wednesday, Michael Schumacher explained how neck pains will prevent him from taking over the recovering Felipe Massa's single-seater at the European Grand Prix, but hinted that he might still race for Ferrari this season if his physical condition allows it.
“There's only one way to see if your body is able to cope with the forces generated by a Formula 1 car: try it out. I did some simulations and I used many test cars, but none of them was able to reproduce the stress and the forces you have to deal with on board of a single-seater. So we had to drive one to understand what was going on. My doctor had told me that we could do this test and then, after a short break, add some more stress to see how the situation developed. In the end we've done everything we could do, but it didn't go as we wanted"
"I'm not interested in getting back in Formula 1 as a full-time job, but I wanted to help Ferrari and my friends under these special circumstances,"
However, the possibility of seeing Schumacher race later in the season was not ruled out during the press conference, with rumors regarding a comeback at the Italian Grand Prix in a month's time.
      09-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #26
Dartanium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

thanks guys, I did not know I would get this much feedback on the (de)motivational poster I made hahaha
Appreciate 0