BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum 2020 X7 M50i arrives.

09-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #89
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB21 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Nothing super special, 2 months of my lease payment from car that that turning back this month and standard dealer discount.
The issue with X7 is that demand is relatively high so there are no super deals perhaps year or so from now
I just ordered my M50i a few days ago and was able to get a little over $10k off plus $1k for joining BMW CCA.
Just for clarification, the BMWCCA membership rebate is post vehicle delivery. You submit copies of your loan/lease and the rebate application to BMWCCA for processing and BMW NA sends you a check a couple of weeks later.
It is unclear, please see two screenshots. First say that all need to be provided in 15 days and second is contradicting stating that you need to be member before.

I emailed them for clarification
Umm ok, I provided additional clarification for BYEIL's post. Not anything on membership qualification.

But since you asked.

The first bullet is for existing BMWCCA members prior to the new join program.

The second bullet is for new members joining for the car club rebate benefit.

Granted the terms as written is confusing and I submitted feedback to the club.
Thanks therefore I have learned 2 days to late oh well I wish Dealer would make those things known. Anyway thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #90
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

I am told that the only options currently are pre-built in-stock or customer order would not have a delivery until January providing there aren't any delays. Does anyone on here know if this is accurate?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #91
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I am told that the only options currently are pre-built in-stock or customer order would not have a delivery until January providing there aren't any delays. Does anyone on here know if this is accurate?
I just ordered Saturday and my salesman was able to change options on one of his allocations so I could get it by end of month. He told me he could place a new order if I wanted which would take a little longer but he didn’t mention anything about January. Sounds odd.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      09-04-2019, 10:49 AM   #92
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, Navigator, Mod Y Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I ordered yesterday. Dealer told me they had five allocations, and the first production slot was Oct 14. He said he would try to trade with another dealer for an earlier slot, but I shouldn't hold my breath, as he didn't think dealers would want to give them up.

Could be that the dealer you were talking to didn't have an allocation for any production slots prior to Jan? I would try other dealers.
Appreciate 1
iconoclast7257.50
      09-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #93
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Thank you. I have a long relationship with this dealer and the salesperson is my friend but they don't always have the most accurate information. I will try another just to see if I can get additional information if it is the same story then I guess I shop slightly "used" or wait it out but I was hoping to in one for Autumn'19.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #94
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
Quote:
Nothing super special, 2 months of my lease payment from car that that turning back this month and standard dealer discount.
The issue with X7 is that demand is relatively high so there are no super deals perhaps year or so from now
I just ordered my M50i a few days ago and was able to get a little over $10k off plus $1k for joining BMW CCA.
Just for clarification, the BMWCCA membership rebate is post vehicle delivery. You submit copies of your loan/lease and the rebate application to BMWCCA for processing and BMW NA sends you a check a couple of weeks later.
It is unclear, please see two screenshots. First say that all need to be provided in 15 days and second is contradicting stating that you need to be member before.

I emailed them for clarification
Umm ok, I provided additional clarification for BYEIL's post. Not anything on membership qualification.

But since you asked.

The first bullet is for existing BMWCCA members prior to the new join program.

The second bullet is for new members joining for the car club rebate benefit.

Granted the terms as written is confusing and I submitted feedback to the club.
Thanks therefore I have learned 2 days to late oh well I wish Dealer would make those things known. Anyway thanks for the info
Correction looks like new member have 15 days from purchase to register and apply for the discount.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #95
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

BMW X7 M50 Cold Start

Just picked it up last night

Appreciate 3
Wild Blue3676.50
760Lifan450.50
aas5171.00
      09-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #96
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

NIIIIICCE!

That's exactly the exterior configuration I would pick - including the wheels!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #97
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6BMWDriver View Post

Extended shadow looks great with white paint
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #98
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 M50i

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:

Wow. That thing sounds AMAZING!!!! I can’t wait until I pick mine up Friday
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #99
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007 View Post
Quote:

Wow. That thing sounds AMAZING!!!! I can’t wait until I pick mine up Friday
Here are some pictures
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #100
thekronoschef
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbravo33 View Post
The letter M has become a joke.
Then maybe just stick to the "real" M forums and stop trolling for the purpose of negativity.
Appreciate 2
Wild Blue3676.50
Al Pinã1838.50
      09-09-2019, 10:57 AM   #101
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
That's interesting. Finally some meat on the rears.

I thought BMW was against anything larger then a 265 in the back.
Not sure where that came from our X5 has 315 in the back stock on the Msport.
      09-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #102
Jefflikescars
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i, Navigator, Mod Y Perf

Ordered last week, and the dealer told me production would start Oct 14 on my build. They just emailed me and said it got bumped up since it was marked as sold, and is already in production! So pumped.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3676.50
      09-14-2019, 02:56 AM   #103
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

FWIW, I test drove a 2020 M50i today. Two things:

1. Holy crap. Strong, throaty, smooth power. Far stronger than a vehicle of this size deserves. Very, very nice.

2. Without the extended shadowline trim, you do get a lot of the cerium grey accents. Because it's a satin finish, I'm finding that it gets smudges, stains, and fingerprints very easily. Take a look at this picture I took of the cerium grey mirror cap. (and this is a brand new vehicle, new to the dealer lot, not years of use)
Attached Images

Last edited by Wild Blue; 09-14-2019 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
760Lifan450.50
      09-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #104
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
FWIW, I test drove a 2020 M50i today. Two things:

1. Holy crap. Strong, throaty, smooth power. Far stronger than a vehicle of this size deserves. Very, very nice.
So when you say the power was 'smooth', I assume the vehicle didn't drive too aggressive/jump when you accelerated.

It would be nice to have a vehicle with plenty (and then some) of power when you put the pedal to the metal without getting a whiplash every time you touch the gas-pedal...
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 11:01 AM   #105
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
So when you say the power was 'smooth', I assume the vehicle didn't drive too aggressive/jump when you accelerated.

It would be nice to have a vehicle with plenty (and then some) of power when you put the pedal to the metal without getting a whiplash every time you touch the gas-pedal...
So I’ve now put 666 miles on the car since Friday. This thing is so silky smooth it’s unreal. I haven’t pushed it yet as they said I should wait until I hit 1000 miles before, but as far as highway driving goes, it was really nice. For such a big vehicle, it moves without you feeling it. A couple times I caught myself in the high 90s without even realizing it. I’m absolutely amazed by how nice it sounds and set it to sound like sport mode in all modes. In everyday acceleration type situations, I don’t feel it’s jerky at all, but again, I haven’t pushed it hard yet.
Appreciate 1
760Lifan450.50
      09-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #106
760Lifan
Major
Rep

Quote:
So I’ve now put 666 miles on the car since Friday. This thing is so silky smooth it’s unreal. I haven’t pushed it yet as they said I should wait until I hit 1000 miles before, but as far as highway driving goes, it was really nice. For such a big vehicle, it moves without you feeling it. A couple times I caught myself in the high 90s without even realizing it. I’m absolutely amazed by how nice it sounds and set it to sound like sport mode in all modes. In everyday acceleration type situations, I don’t feel it’s jerky at all, but again, I haven’t pushed it hard yet.
Cool, that sounds promising!

I guess that is the best of both worlds then.

My MY06 M5 wasn't smooth at all. It also had 500hp but the - I believe it was called SMG-transmission - was super jerky.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 04:03 AM   #107
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:

So, I will say that when accelerating from a dead standstill with the M50i, there was a point at just a few miles per hour, when the turbos spooled up and the power kicked in, that there was a surge of power, kind of like the "jump" you're asking about. I do think it might take a bit of learning a finesse with the right foot, to ensure a totally smooth acceleration from a stop. But all other rolling accelerations were very smooth. Strong and powerful. Such a throaty growl from the engine.

I did do a highway on-ramp rapid acceleration from almost a dead stop. It was a "jam the pedal, holy crap that's fast, aaaaaand... I'm already at highway speeds". Like every X7 model, it's so deceptively smooth and quiet, that if you don't look down at the HUD/speedometer, you could easily drive 100mph, with no realization you're travelling so fast.

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 01:03 PM   #108
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I am not sure why they tell you to go easy 1000 miles, this rule was true for cars in the past, as parts had not as high accuracy as they have today. Therefore in the past engine was running easy to shave off "break down" any inconsistency and often they would exchange oil more sooner than today.
The only thing Ali could find was that to go easy on breaks for first tank as they need to fit to the compound discs.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #109
MB21
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So I've now put 666 miles on the car since Friday. This thing is so silky smooth it's unreal. I haven't pushed it yet as they said I should wait until I hit 1000 miles before, but as far as highway driving goes, it was really nice. For such a big vehicle, it moves without you feeling it. A couple times I caught myself in the high 90s without even realizing it. I'm absolutely amazed by how nice it sounds and set it to sound like sport mode in all modes. In everyday acceleration type situations, I don't feel it's jerky at all, but again, I haven't pushed it hard yet.
I am not sure why they tell you to go easy 1000 miles, this rule was true for cars in the past, as parts had not as high accuracy as they have today. Therefore in the past engine was running easy to shave off "break down" any inconsistency and often they would exchange oil more sooner than today.
The only thing Ali could find was that to go easy on breaks for first tank as they need to fit to the compound discs.
I agree the car goes very impressively smooth. I have done some tight curves with higher speeds and it was glued to the road. When I say higher I give a hint I am often in Germany on autobahn

I need to start getting used to stay at lower proper speeds as it is so easy to pass the limit up. 😆

My sons love when we have pole position so far nothing could come even close,
I was also driving on roads where there is one lane and permitted to pass, oh boy this beast runs like crazy when you hit accelerator.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #110
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I agree the car goes very impressively smooth. I have done some tight curves with higher speeds and it was glued to the road. When I say higher I give a hint I am often in Germany on autobahn

I need to start getting used to stay at lower proper speeds as it is so easy to pass the limit up. 😆

My sons love when we have pole position so far nothing could come even close,
I was also driving on roads where there is one lane and permitted to pass, oh boy this beast runs like crazy when you hit accelerator.
Not sure why they told me that either as far as break in, but I’m almost to 1000 so oh well lol. I absolutely love this thing so far though
Appreciate 0