BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum What is your biggest disappointment in your X7?

02-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #45
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Like @mich57 I too spend a lot of time in my car with engine off waiting for kids or wife.

I enjoy the features because it keeps the air on and air conditioning is important to me and the radio. It's annoyingly to go in another car and push the on acc button to keep going while waiting.

And it's so easy to turn off.
1. It auto offs by opening door and settings in menu customization.
2. It turns off by holding the radio button which shuts off the engine after off button.
3. It auto shuts off after 20 minutes NO matter what you do.
4. It turns off after you exit and lock all the doors.

It's automatic and it's a great feature. I think old people have a problem not understanding new technology. And also salesman don't do a good job explaining how it works to older buyers.

My confusion comes from doing the same thing and getting different results.

Put car in park. Push start/stop button engine shuts off radio still on.

Open door and sometimes the radio shuts off and I'm confirmed the car is off and sometimes I open the door and the radio is still on.

I have the settings set to all off on door open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paultattoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Like @mich57 I too spend a lot of time in my car with engine off waiting for kids or wife.

I enjoy the features because it keeps the air on and air conditioning is important to me and the radio. It's annoyingly to go in another car and push the on acc button to keep going while waiting.

And it's so easy to turn off.
1. It auto offs by opening door and settings in menu customization.
2. It turns off by holding the radio button which shuts off the engine after off button.
3. It auto shuts off after 20 minutes NO matter what you do.
4. It turns off after you exit and lock all the doors.

It's automatic and it's a great feature. I think old people have a problem not understanding new technology. And also salesman don't do a good job explaining how it works to older buyers.

My confusion comes from doing the same thing and getting different results.

Put car in park. Push start/stop button engine shuts off radio still on.

Open door and sometimes the radio shuts off and I'm confirmed the car is off and sometimes I open the door and the radio is still on.

I have the settings set to all off on door open.

See the video or blog: I recommend the video:

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1407852

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...topics/1286790

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...topics/1225513
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 08:04 PM   #46
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemac8 View Post
I traded in a 2015 Suburban for my 2019 X7 40i. With the Suburban, I came to rely on the alerts I got when in reverse. If I were backing from a parking spot between two cars, the Suburban verbally alerted me to approaching cars from either direction. It also alerted me of a person approaching going to walk behind my vehicle.

The BMW does none of this. I am a careful driver, but I am also an older driver and can use all of the help I can get. If when backing from a parking space I turn around in the seat to my right, I can't see a person who suddenly appears from the left. My Suburban detected that person and beeped, causing me to brake.

I found this disappointment only after I bought the car. Foolishly, I thought it "standard" on all premium vehicles. This seems like a simple and readily available feature, why doesn't my very expensive BMW have it?

The only thing annoying so far is the lane assist. I turned off the corrective steering part as it was doing it pretty often when not crossing lines. It’s doing it really close to the line. Have tighter roads here so likely a case by case thing.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2020, 12:57 AM   #47
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonboz View Post
The only thing annoying so far is the lane assist. I turned off the corrective steering part as it was doing it pretty often when not crossing lines. It’s doing it really close to the line. Have tighter roads here so likely a case by case thing.
There are settings in iDrive where you can adjust when it "Corrects/Vibrates" as well as the intensity. I believe the settings options are: "Early, Medium, or Late". There's a graphic that shows the effect when you toggle through the options as well.

Or, just turn it off like you did.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2020, 08:14 AM   #48
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
There are settings in iDrive where you can adjust when it "Corrects/Vibrates" as well as the intensity. I believe the settings options are: "Early, Medium, or Late". There's a graphic that shows the effect when you toggle through the options as well.

Or, just turn it off like you did.
I’ll check that out I think I just turned off the steering, but if there are setting to make it less I’ll try that first.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #49
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonboz View Post
I’ll check that out I think I just turned off the steering, but if there are setting to make it less I’ll try that first.
I have my driver assist individual configuration setup to turn off this and a couple of other things. Salty roads tend to create some false lines, similar narrow roads, obstacles in my driveway, etc., are all a part of my commute. With the individual setting on the green halo button I'm able to temporarily disable and re-enable these features with a single button press.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 05:09 PM   #50
Jspeed29
Private
Rep
Drives: X7M50i, MDX

I hate the fact that I can only use 2 wireless headsets in the rear with the RSE. My old Nissan was able to accommodate 4 headsets.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 10:24 PM   #51
Sphinx_77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

The Rear Cross Traffic Alert works fine in my 2019 X7. Actually, just today it warned me about a car coming that I hadn't noticed.
Appreciate 1