BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum She has arrived!

03-02-2020, 07:40 PM   #45
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerdoc2020 View Post
I'm just not a big fan of the cerium color, but I love the laser headlights. I could do the ESL but I don't like the black grill either. If I could make a 50i with Sport Package like they had in '19 I'd be all over it. I will be anxiously await what happens in August for order the 21s. I'll have to make a decision then what to get.
The dealership told me they have a hell of a time keeping the cerium color looking good. I noticed a white M50 that had a lot of water spots on just those accents. I don’t mind the looks so much but much prefer black accents.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 11:11 PM   #46
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonboz View Post
The dealership told me they have a hell of a time keeping the cerium color looking good.
I can totally see that.

The only location where I have the cerium on mine are the X7 and 50i badges and believe it or not, the water spots are quite noticeable on them. No way I want the grill/mirror-housings like that...
Gone: 2020 X7 M50i, Mineral White, Ivory White Full Merino, Piano Black Trim, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Driving Assistance, Luxury Seating, Executive, 22" Y-Spoke Orbit Grey Wheels Style 758i, Space Saver Spare, Trailer Hitch, Leather Dash, Ambient Air, Bowers & Wilkins, Rear Entertainment, Night Vision, Extended Shadowline, Alcantara Headliner in Upholstery Color.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 07:44 AM   #47
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

BMW needs to rethink the whole cerium accent thing. It doesn’t look great, doesn’t look premium and is hard to maintain clean.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 08:34 AM   #48
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Here's an idea, buy a 40i M Sport for your wife and a second M50i for yourself and swap the wheels. She'll never notice, problem solved!

I've actually considered doing this very thing, for real. Wife's car is due for replacement as well.
Appreciate 1
LittleJoe1064.00
      03-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #49
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7; 2018 Panamera 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYEIL View Post
I agree it should have been offered but I’ve never bought a car I haven’t modified so if painting, powder coating or procuring a different set of wheels is the only thing I need to do I’m happy. It definitely wouldn’t stop me from buying a higher model. Nothing wrong with the 40i but I don’t believe the wheel accent color would have stopped anyone from a purchase. It was more so the 15k price difference.
I can tell you that this is not the case at all for most. We love our X7 40i and we were just coming out of our MB GLS 63AMG. We chose the 40i because a 5.4 0-60 time in comparison to a 4.5 from stoplight to stoplight wasn't that large of a difference and the 40i for some reason feels/felt plenty quick. Everyone knows BMW inline 6 is the best engine in the world and having owned several V-8 BMWs, the same can not be said for it. Until they have a proven track record of being better and more reliable, the 6 is the better option imo. Only a matter of time before BMW releases the MPPK for the 6 and piggyback the Dinan, you will have a monster that will still sip fuel in comparison to the V8.

Last edited by AKittrell; 03-03-2020 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 1
torment26.00
      03-04-2020, 02:27 PM   #50
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKittrell View Post
I can tell you that this is not the case at all for most.
Prove it.
There's no I in team.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #51
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Prove it.
There's no I in team.
I am sorry, prove what exactly?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 06:15 PM   #52
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Prove it.
There's no I in team.
So if he has to prove that then you have to prove that most people modify their vehicles.

You also have to prove I made the decision for a 40 based solely on the cost and nothing else.
Appreciate 2
      03-04-2020, 08:15 PM   #53
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Quote:
Prove it.
There's no I in team.
So if he has to prove that then you have to prove that most people modify their vehicles.

You also have to prove I made the decision for a 40 based solely on the cost and nothing else.
Don't let people get to you bud. I could write a check for a Urus but going to order a loaded 2021 40i in August. It's what YOU want.
Appreciate 2
      03-04-2020, 09:02 PM   #54
AKittrell
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Me too Crimson. Some fail to realize that not all have a "Napoleon Complex".
Appreciate 1
torment26.00
      06-19-2020, 10:51 PM   #55
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Well she also named Lapis by my daughter lol is here. Will get some interior in the morning. The Tanzanite Blue is just awesome, anyone on the fence don’t be. Short version TB II, Full Black Merino, Extended Shadow, BW Audio, Rear Entertainment ( already did fire stick, thanks 760).
Can we get a photo update?
Interior too please! Also interested in dirty pics of the car too. lmao.

My wife and I are in between Alpine White and TB II on Tartufo. I have an Alpine White F80 now and still love it but this would be our 3rd car in a row in AW. I have PPF and ceramic now and am still super obsessive about keeping my cars clean so I'm worried TB II will be a pain to keep looking nice all the time even with PPF/ceramic.

TB II just looks so damn hot tho. My wife really wants Carbon Black but I'd be washing my car 3x a week if that's the case. Really like TB II and of course it'd be a way easier decision if it wasn't $2k.

TB II certainly makes the X7 M50i look special though.

Last edited by MomoM3; 06-23-2020 at 11:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 07:04 AM   #56
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKittrell View Post
Me too Crimson. Some fail to realize that not all have a "Napoleon Complex".
Don’t know how I missed this one. Thanks for the morning laugh.
If the color of wheels doesn’t stop me from buying the model of car I want then I’m 5’2”.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 08:23 AM   #57
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
Interior too please! Also interested in dirty pics - of the car bro. lmao.

My wife and I are in between Alpine White and TB II on Tartufo. I have an Alpine White F80 now and still love it but this would be our 3rd car in a row in AW. I have PPF and ceramic now and am still super obsessive about keeping my cars clean so I'm worried TB II will be a pain to keep looking nice all the time even with PPF/ceramic.

TB II just looks so damn hot tho. My wife really wants Carbon Black but I'd be washing my car 3x a week if that's the case. Really like TB II and of course it'd be a way easier decision if it wasn't $2k.

Well with respect to color choice and keeping clean, I have found that dark, rich colors (with the exception of black) actually hide dirt well. And if you keep your cars clean on a routine basis, like washing once a week and garage kept, they will stay looking cleaner even longer. I have owned 3 M3s (on my 3rd now), all dark, rich colors: Avus Blue, Imola Red and now Smoked Topaz for my F80 - all cleaned at least once a week and garage kept. I constantly get compliments on the F80, in particular how clean it looks, even though in my eyes it is filthy...

Now, my X7 is Arctic Grey and it gets the same cleaning regiment even though unfortunately there is no garage space for it right now. But it falls in the category of a dark, rich color IMHO, and even after a huge pollen burst a few days after washing (which is so annoying BTW ), it still looks good, especially from a slight distance in the sun. My vote is for the TB II (a color I would have gone with if I found an X7 with the other specs I wanted).

Oh yeah, you should take a closer look at Carbon Black. It is not really black, but more of a very dark, deep, almost Navy Blue in different types of light. Unlike Black Saphire Metallic which is more like the traditional black that is so hard to keep clean. For that reason I also considered Carbon Black, too. I am not a fan of white cars, but you really can't go wrong with either choice. Good luck ....

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 1
MomoM3981.00
      06-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #58
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Interior too please! Also interested in dirty pics - of the car bro. lmao.

Well with respect to color choice and keeping clean, I have found that dark, rich colors (with the exception of black) actually hide dirt well. And if you keep your cars clean on a routine basis, like washing once a week and garage kept, they will stay looking cleaner even longer. I have owned 3 M3s (on my 3rd now), all dark, rich colors: Avus Blue, Imola Red and now Smoked Topaz for my F80 - all cleaned at least once a week and garage kept. I constantly get compliments on the F80, in particular how clean it looks, even though in my eyes it is filthy...

Now, my X7 is Arctic Grey and it gets the same cleaning regiment even though unfortunately there is no garage space for it right now. But it falls in the category of a dark, rich color IMHO, and even after a huge pollen burst a few days after washing (which is so annoying BTW ), it still looks good, especially from a slight distance in the sun. My vote is for the TB II (a color I would have gone with if I found an X7 with the other specs I wanted).

Oh yeah, you should take a closer look at Carbon Black. It is not really black, but more of a very dark, deep, almost Navy Blue in different types of light. Unlike Black Saphire Metallic which is more like the traditional black that is so hard to keep clean. For that reason I also considered Carbon Black, too. I am not a fan of white cars, but you really can't go wrong with either choice. Good luck ....
I was picking between carbon black and TB II. One is obviously cheaper which is a definite factor to consider. I have a black sapphire and that's hard to keep clean but I am accustomed to the drill

I went TB II in the end because it was more different than other vehicles I own and on the plus side it's a beautiful color that reminds me of a car I used to have a long time ago.... ahhh the memories
Appreciate 1
MomoM3981.00
      06-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #59
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

I'd like to see an X7 M50i in TB II with XPEL and/or Ceramic Coating up close in the sunlight. I've seen a TB II M50i in a showroom with not so flattering lighting and it was sort of under whelming. On the other hand, I've seen pics of a TB II X7 in bright sunlight and it looked amazing. It's definitely a color that interests me but I think it may need XPEL and/or Ceramic Coating to really make it pop.

Our 2019 X7 50i in Arctic Grey cleans up great and looks showroom fresh after applying some Wolfgang Spritz.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 03:26 PM   #60
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Quote:
Prove it.
There's no I in team.
I think the reference was to V8 engine from BMW. Having had an M5 eating a quart of oil every 1K kms, I can attest, not the best having put in 13 quarts prior to your next oil change. Others have echoed the same.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 05:35 PM   #61
BMWBear
Ultimate Driver
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynd View Post
I think the reference was to V8 engine from BMW. Having had an M5 eating a quart of oil every 1K kms, I can attest, not the best having put in 13 quarts prior to your next oil change. Others have echoed the same.
Ive owned 3 out of the top 11 on that list.
Two of them are the same engine so that’s not really fair.
One never had issues, the other had the top end rebuilt and covered under warranty at 70k miles, the last I remember adding some but never a full quart in between maintenance. I also always perform my own maintenance so it doesn’t hit my wallet that hard.

Out of everything the availability of parts at this stage of production is beyond ridiculous but that’s going to go with everything on the platform. They can build cars on the daily but don’t have those same production parts available for one off sale.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 08:57 AM   #62
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well she also named Lapis by my daughter lol is here. Will get some interior in the morning. The Tanzanite Blue is just awesome, anyone on the fence don’t be. Short version TB II, Full Black Merino, Extended Shadow, BW Audio, Rear Entertainment ( already did fire stick, thanks 760).
More pics please!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 09:40 AM   #63
Crimsonboz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
More pics please!!!!
Will do! I will take some more
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 12:04 AM   #64
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post

All valid points. Thank you. Very helpful. Great choices in M3 colors! I've had em in Steel Gray, Alpine White, Interlagos Blue, and again in Alpine White. Interlagos was my absolute favorite of them all.

Yeah I will take care of this X7 like I take care of my M3. I will do front PPF + ceramic and give it a pro-home full detail 1x/week regardless of color. I keep my cars extremely clean.

I do like Carbon Black but that color will really get the most of my OCD for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
I was picking between carbon black and TB II. One is obviously cheaper which is a definite factor to consider. I have a black sapphire and that's hard to keep clean but I am accustomed to the drill

I went TB II in the end because it was more different than other vehicles I own and on the plus side it's a beautiful color that reminds me of a car I used to have a long time ago.... ahhh the memories
TB II is definitely a special color you don't see everyday and that's a huge reason why I like it so much. Individual-ish. What interior did you go with?
Appreciate 1
jmciver1823.50