BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Key Card Profile Change

09-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
contourrob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Convertible

Key Card Profile Change

Hi All,

New X7 owner here. Upon delivery, my dealer setup our key card and it tied to the Guest profile. Since getting the vehicle home, we’ve setup individual profiles for myself and my wife. I’ve tried (unsuccessfully) to swap the default profile tied to the key card to my profile instead of guest. Currently, whenever using the key card I have to select my profile, enter the PIN, etc to get it to update profiles.

Is it possible to have the key card profile changed? If so, any help in understanding how to make that swap?

Thanks!
Rob
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #2
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by contourrob View Post
Hi All,

New X7 owner here. Upon delivery, my dealer setup our key card and it tied to the Guest profile. Since getting the vehicle home, we’ve setup individual profiles for myself and my wife. I’ve tried (unsuccessfully) to swap the default profile tied to the key card to my profile instead of guest. Currently, whenever using the key card I have to select my profile, enter the PIN, etc to get it to update profiles.

Is it possible to have the key card profile changed? If so, any help in understanding how to make that swap?

Thanks!
Rob
You will most likely need to delete the existing card key tied to your guest profile and then add it to your profile (or your wife's profile), following the instructions in iDrive. Although, I am not sure if you can add the same card key to two different profiles...

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 12:15 PM   #3
contourrob
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
You will most likely need to delete the existing card key tied to your guest profile and then add it to your profile (or your wife's profile), following the instructions in iDrive. Although, I am not sure if you can add the same card key to two different profiles...
Thank you. However, trying to delete the existing card is seemingly the issue. I can uncheck the “Digital Key Active” box in the Key Card menu, however that appears to simply lock the card. Selecting “Remove all Digital Keys” does not appear to impact the functionality of the key card.

I wonder if once the key card is activated and linked to a profile if it cannot be removed/reassociated?

Rob
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #4
812Superfast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: lots

I had this issue over the weekend where I could not link my Apple phone digital key to my profile. Only one digital key can be used and linked to a profile. I went into settings-doors/vehicle access and deleted the credit card key card and then went into driver profile and the recognition for the key card was still active. So now my Iphone can be used as a key card. I also went in and activated the credit card key so it works as well. So far so good.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #5
contourrob
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812Superfast View Post
I had this issue over the weekend where I could not link my Apple phone digital key to my profile. Only one digital key can be used and linked to a profile. I went into settings-doors/vehicle access and deleted the credit card key card and then went into driver profile and the recognition for the key card was still active. So now my Iphone can be used as a key card. I also went in and activated the credit card key so it works as well. So far so good.
Thanks. Do you recall how you did this part “...and deleted the credit card key card“? I only see a section to remove all digital keys and this doesn’t seem to deactivate the key card.
Appreciate 0