BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Brake dust, bite and personal experience/choice

09-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
exokiss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7

Garage List
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
Brake dust, bite and personal experience/choice

Winter is around the corner...So far my M Sport brakes work well for me, but I've noticed a horrible dusting lately, especially the font ones. I've wondered which brand pads are you guys running for your optimum braking experience? Surely that will entirely depend on various key elements like weather/temp ranges, driving style, road conditions, and of course what material you selected, but I bet everyone here hates corrosion, squeaks, and fitment problems that affect the performance of the brakes we all crave for. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

OEM pads, they dust insanely but not as bad as others. Have not swapped or felt a need to but in the past EBC and Akebono have dusted far less and offer just as much grip. If you swap lines and fluid type it could improve bite as well but not familiar with any of that on this specific platform.
Appreciate 0