BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) The 17th BMW Art Car will race at 24 Hours of Le Mans.

06-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #23
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFiasco View Post
kind of kills inovation in my opinion. it does make it more into a driver's race, but introduces a certain level of luck into as well..

I had the trip almost book until I was reminded that it's my anniversary.. priorities, priorities, priorities..
I just hope Le Mans and 24 hour Nurbergring doesn't follow Formula 1's path....
now every innovated invention got banned....Double diffusor, now the F-Duct will be banned next year, and also the wheel fairings we saw from 2007-2009, and many more in the past, active suspension, etc etc....

This is a very fine line FIA has walking on. One side you can improve the racing by emphasize more into the drivers, and also force the engineers to design even more innovative technology.
However, this is also discouraging the teams and engineers. They know every time they invented something, other teams will protest, and then it will be banned soon.
      06-11-2010, 02:06 AM   #24
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I just hope Le Mans and 24 hour Nurbergring doesn't follow Formula 1's path....
now every innovated invention got banned....Double diffusor, now the F-Duct will be banned next year, and also the wheel fairings we saw from 2007-2009, and many more in the past, active suspension, etc etc....

This is a very fine line FIA has walking on. One side you can improve the racing by emphasize more into the drivers, and also force the engineers to design even more innovative technology.
However, this is also discouraging the teams and engineers. They know every time they invented something, other teams will protest, and then it will be banned soon.

Its sad because it goes against Le Mans history. Innovation was what made Le Mans great. So many things still used today on race cars and street cars are from Le Mans. Taking that away from the race will ruin it.

Perfect example of innovation was Audi running a diesel. It destroyed the competition, and the competition had nothing to complain about. Then Peugeot came out with one of their own. If you are getting your ass kicked in a race, its not because another car has an unfair advantage, its because you didnt think of that advantage first! There are certain types of racing that should be left alone, and these 24hr races are those kind of races. Leave the "all-driver" races to NASCAR and F1, and let innovation run the 24hr of Nurburgring and Le Mans.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0