BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MAD intercooler and heat exchanger

05-01-2023, 06:20 PM   #1
Sham0703
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw m2 competition

MAD intercooler and heat exchanger

Does anyone have any experience with these on their cars or this company in general? Saw this and it was very interesting because of how affordable it is, but I worry about the quality.

https://x-ph.com/mad-bmw-s55-cooling...es-combo-deal/
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 12:39 AM   #2
hAxel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition, 2002 M3

I don't have experience with the MAD intercooler, but if it was me, unless your intercooler is leaking I'd stick to OEM or pony up for the Wagner. It's not a comprehensive comparison, but take a look at Bend Calibrations about aftermarket intercoolers https://www.bendcalibration.com/blog...itle-two-mfb58
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 10:15 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham0703 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with these on their cars or this company in general? Saw this and it was very interesting because of how affordable it is, but I worry about the quality.

MAD is an excellent value-for-money company you can rely on. Their unbeatable pricing is paired with a lifetime warranty on all their products, ensuring you get the best quality and performance without breaking the bank.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2023, 01:31 PM   #4
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:

Hi,

Our coolers as well as our other products are all backed with a lifetime warranty. We also have a 90 day return policy if the product does not live up to your expectations.

If you have any questions please shoot me a pm I would be glad to answer them.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 03:15 PM   #5
Jiaim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 PY Z4 3.0SI

Quote:

Out of all the chinese knock off, you can find about two families : csf knockoff and wagner knock off.

You can recognise them looking at the size of the cooler (wagner is much thicker) and inlet/outlets of the coolers. Wagner kockoff are bigger but will need slight modification to fit. Wagner knock off have ribbed inlet and outlets, no diverter in the outlet size. They have for most a better tube and fin core vs the csf knockoff with a bar and plate but lot less dense core.

Wagner knockoff are now harder to find which indicates the CSF knockoff cost a lot less to produce.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 12:31 PM   #6
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaim View Post
Out of all the chinese knock off, you can find about two families : csf knockoff and wagner knock off.

You can recognise them looking at the size of the cooler (wagner is much thicker) and inlet/outlets of the coolers. Wagner kockoff are bigger but will need slight modification to fit. Wagner knock off have ribbed inlet and outlets, no diverter in the outlet size. They have for most a better tube and fin core vs the csf knockoff with a bar and plate but lot less dense core.

Wagner knockoff are now harder to find which indicates the CSF knockoff cost a lot less to produce.
Funny you say CSF knockoff when they basically ripped ATM's intercooler design for their own on the F30 chassis.
      05-08-2023, 12:36 PM   #7
Jiaim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 PY Z4 3.0SI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Funny you say CSF knockoff when they basically ripped ATM's intercooler design for their own on the F30 chassis.
We are talking about s55 intercooler here. But I agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 12:50 PM   #8
Joebie
Grandmaster
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M2 6MT

I had a poor experience with MAD fitment. At the end of the day, I got it to work, and xph handled the situation appropriately by refunding some of my money due to the problem. But cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. Since modifying it to fit together I havent had any problems.

read my experience here - https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=28
Appreciate 1
hAxel91.00
      05-08-2023, 01:40 PM   #9
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebie View Post
I had a poor experience with MAD fitment. At the end of the day, I got it to work, and xph handled the situation appropriately by refunding some of my money due to the problem. But cheap stuff is cheap for a reason. Since modifying it to fit together I havent had any problems.

read my experience here - https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=28
Ehhhh, and often times expensive stuff are just them charging more because they can
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 08:30 PM   #10
Sham0703
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw m2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaim View Post

Are the CTS turbo or the phoenix racing Intercoolers CSF knock offs? Maybe one of those are better quality?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 09:32 AM   #11
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Are the CTS turbo or the phoenix racing Intercoolers CSF knock offs? Maybe one of those are better quality?

All these brands, including MAD, BMS, and CTS, are manufactured in China and maintain a comparable level of quality. We've sold hundreds of their products, and they present excellent value for the money.

Occasionally, we hear complaints, but these are often the result of unmet, and sometimes excessively high, customer expectations.

For those seeking absolute perfection, it might be worth considering more premium brands like CSF. Their products tend to be more expensive, but they often meet higher quality standards.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0