BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum My One Year X7 Ownership Review

05-31-2022, 10:24 AM   #23
Alpine Wait
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
For whatever reason, I still can't get my garage door openers to code to the X7 buttons.
These steps always work for me:

Step 1: Clear your Homelink (don't skip this step) as noted in the manual.
Step 2: Hold the button #1 on your Homelink in, and hold the opener button on at the same time. Hold these until the Homelink LED starts blinking quickly (took about 20 seconds for me, not the manual's stated 15 seconds).
Step 3: Look at the back or side of the garage door opener itself (YOU MIGHT NEED A LADDER) and you will find a programming button. It's probably a red or purple square button. Press this in for about one to two seconds.
Step 4: Immediately (as fast as possible), go into the car and press and hold Homelink button #1 for about a second, then press it in again for a second, then press again a third time.
Step 5: Upon the third (maybe fourth) press, the garage door opener should have flashed it's light bulb off and on again (or on and off). If you press the Homelink button again, it should operage the door. Make sure your car isn't parked under the closing door!
Appreciate 1
3erMan153.00
      05-31-2022, 11:58 AM   #24
bholler
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Ferrari Red F80

Garage List
Gorgeous photo

Should be contacted by BMW NA Marketing

2017 ///M3 Individual Ferrari Red / Full Black Leather/ ZCP / DCT
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2022, 04:20 PM   #25
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Wait View Post
These steps always work for me:

Step 1: Clear your Homelink (don't skip this step) as noted in the manual.
Step 2: Hold the button #1 on your Homelink in, and hold the opener button on at the same time. Hold these until the Homelink LED starts blinking quickly (took about 20 seconds for me, not the manual's stated 15 seconds).
Step 3: Look at the back or side of the garage door opener itself (YOU MIGHT NEED A LADDER) and you will find a programming button. It's probably a red or purple square button. Press this in for about one to two seconds.
Step 4: Immediately (as fast as possible), go into the car and press and hold Homelink button #1 for about a second, then press it in again for a second, then press again a third time.
Step 5: Upon the third (maybe fourth) press, the garage door opener should have flashed it's light bulb off and on again (or on and off). If you press the Homelink button again, it should operage the door. Make sure your car isn't parked under the closing door!
Thanks, i'll give it another go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bholler View Post
Gorgeous photo

Should be contacted by BMW NA Marketing
Thanks, that means a lot! I absolutely love that picture. And if you read my Arctic Circle road trip journal HERE you'll see just how special that day was, getting to drive my personal car into the restricted Denali National Park, on a beautiful weather day. Just a few days later, they even closed the road to EVERYBODY due to deterioration (I didn't do it), so nobody has been able to get into the park to that picture point, by any ground means!

I'm humbled to be picked for Bimmerpost front page news again!
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00
      06-02-2022, 05:30 PM   #26
_jenks_
England
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 / Alfa GT Junior

Garage List
2016 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Nice , I saw an Alpina x7 in the wild last week 👍
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 04:43 PM   #27
c-bolt
Rep
Drives: 16 X5 35i

Quote:

Thanks, i'll give it another go
Hey let me know if you ever need or want a hand with those winter wheels/tires or your garage door opener. (Or anything else for that matter).

I'm just down the road and have a lift we can use or I can just use the jack pads. Plus it's always nice to chat about cars!

Joe

Retired: 85 318i, 89 325i, 91 325ic, 99 528i, 03 X5 4.4i, 04 328i, 12 X5 35d
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      06-03-2022, 11:41 PM   #28
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-bolt View Post
Hey let me know if you ever need or want a hand with those winter wheels/tires or your garage door opener. (Or anything else for that matter).

I'm just down the road and have a lift we can use or I can just use the jack pads. Plus it's always nice to chat about cars!

Joe
Awesome, man, will do! I just may need that help.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 05:39 PM   #29
Brigitte
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 Mazda CX-9

Quote:
[*]Adjustable suspension height has proven to be VERY useful for me, and one reason I bought the X7. Very useful, as a disabled person, to aid with getting in and out of the vehicle, and load cargo in the trunk.
This would be extremely important to me as well. I have a knee problem and I'm 5' 4". In addition to that I don't like running boards. I'm wondering if the car at the lowest level would be low enough for me to get in and out with no problem. Do you happen to know the step-in height when the car is at the lowest level"?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 07:39 PM   #30
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
This would be extremely important to me as well. I have a knee problem and I'm 5' 4". In addition to that I don't like running boards. I'm wondering if the car at the lowest level would be low enough for me to get in and out with no problem. Do you happen to know the step-in height when the car is at the lowest level"?
I don't have that, I'm sorry. The adjustable suspension provides a 3" travel height from full top to bottom, which doesn't sound like a whole lot. But that really makes a big, big difference. Even if we could find that number, I'd recommend you go try an X7 on a BMW lot, and specifically focus on entry and exit, with suspension height changes. That's one thing I focused on at a BMW showroom, and it was so useful. I was able to eliminate multiple BMW models, just from that exercise alone.
Appreciate 1
Brigitte484.50
      06-08-2022, 02:16 AM   #31
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
I don't have that, I'm sorry. The adjustable suspension provides a 3" travel height from full top to bottom, which doesn't sound like a whole lot. But that really makes a big, big difference. Even if we could find that number, I'd recommend you go try an X7 on a BMW lot, and specifically focus on entry and exit, with suspension height changes. That's one thing I focused on at a BMW showroom, and it was so useful. I was able to eliminate multiple BMW models, just from that exercise alone.
I will definitely try X7 before buying. Unfortunately...last time I called the dealership they didn't have any on the lot. Anyhow...I'm not in a rush...I can wait. My CA told me that nowadays cars are sold before they even arrive.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50
      06-08-2022, 09:59 AM   #32
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
I will definitely try X7 before buying. Unfortunately...last time I called the dealership they didn't have any on the lot. Anyhow...I'm not in a rush...I can wait. My CA told me that nowadays cars are sold before they even arrive.
try a preowned one ... Doesn't have to be new
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 11:24 AM   #33
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
try a preowned one ... Doesn't have to be new
My CA said that there is no guarantee the step-in height will be exactly the same as previous models including 2022!! I mean did they make major changes that could affect the step-in height? I even called Genius to ask about the step-in height at the lowest level for the 2023. They didn't have that info. Then I asked if it would be the same as 2022. Again...she said that it's possible but there is no guarantee. Amazing!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 11:27 AM   #34
JoeyDDD0919
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 40i

Quote:
My CA said that there is no guarantee the step-in height will be exactly the same as previous models including 2022!! I mean did they make major changes that could affect the step-in height? I even called Genius to ask about the step-in height at the lowest level for the 2023. They didn't have that info. Then I asked if it would be the same as 2022. Again...she said that it's possible but there is no guarantee. Amazing!
I would think 19-22 has the same step-in Height.

Since 23 had major front change so that could change as well.

But still, find a preowned should be able to give you a feeling.

Also, try to msg/email the guys who did reviews with 2023 LCI and see if you can get a feedback.

Sometimes those ppl are surprisingly easy and friendly to reach IMO.
Appreciate 1
Brigitte484.50
      06-08-2022, 11:30 AM   #35
Brigitte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyDDD0919 View Post
Also, try to msg/email the guys who did reviews with 2023 LCI and see if you can get a feedback.

Sometimes those ppl are surprisingly easy and friendly to reach IMO.
That's a great idea!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2022, 07:00 PM   #36
HwyKnight
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i...Maybe...

WildBlue: I saw the link for the mud flaps. Where did you get the black X7 and M50 emblems? Where did you get the orange reflector delete? Did Extreme Auto Spa Install them?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 12:00 AM   #37
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HwyKnight View Post
WildBlue: I saw the link for the mud flaps. Where did you get the black X7 and M50 emblems? Where did you get the orange reflector delete? Did Extreme Auto Spa Install them?
Hey, the black badging is genuine BMW parts. IMHO, it should be standard on X7's that have extended shadowline trim.

The reflector delete is from IND Distribution. Yes, Extreme was great and installed all of it for me at time of wrapping and coating from delivery. Made for a great way to start ownership.
Appreciate 0