BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum Side mirror automatic adjustment in reverse

08-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #1
Redwing
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50d

Side mirror automatic adjustment in reverse

Coming from Mercedes GL, it was possible to adjust the angle of the mirror and save it but now with X7, mirror seems to be turning to default angle every time and can't be changed.

Is there some trick with adjusting the mirror I haven't figured out or is the angle really "locked"?

Last edited by Redwing; 08-08-2020 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
stockguru
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Coming from Mercedes GL, it was possible to adjust the angle of the mirror and save it but now with X7, mirror seems to be turning to default angle every time and can't be changed.

Is there some trick with adjusting the mirror I haven't figured out or is the angle really "locked"?
It saves to your profile and key. Everytime you use the car it should go to your profile
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
Redwing
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
It saves to your profile and key. Everytime you use the car it should go to your profile
So you're saying you can adjust the mirror and save it for the angle you prefer?

Just to make it clear, I'm talking about the curb function when you put the gear in reverse and the passenger mirror tilts downwards.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 02:56 PM   #4
Skyrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockguru View Post
So you're saying you can adjust the mirror and save it for the angle you prefer?

Just to make it clear, I'm talking about the curb function when you put the gear in reverse and the passenger mirror tilts downwards.
You are correct. The mirror angle for curbside view in reverse is a locked position by default. You can't change it manually or through the iDrive menus. The only way to change it is through coding. I know you can adjust the mirror reverse tilt angle through Bimmercode on my F15 X5. I haven't had a chance to check if you can change it through Bimmercode on my X7 yet. I will check for you later this weekend when I do some coding on my X7 and will let you know.
Appreciate 1
Redwing19.50
      08-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #5
like2short
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 m3

Bimmercode can adjust the amount of down angle.....in terms of percentage....
Appreciate 0