Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Technical Topics B48 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications (Exhaust Help) Car sounds like shit

08-29-2023, 04:46 PM   #1
LandonLiftz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2018

Question (Exhaust Help) Car sounds like shit

So I have had my 2020 bmw 330i for around a year or two loved it but it was always so quiet and im a big fan of having a loud car, hearing the exhaust etc just brings me some type of joy. So being the cheapskate I am I skipped the catback exhaust and went for a muffler delete and resonator delete putting straight pipe in there place. I also have a stage 1 bm3 tune

So when I say the car sounds like shit i dont mean the pitch/tone Im talking more about volume I turn my music up at all you wont hear the car it is extremely quiet with the resonator muffler delete and stage 1 tune much louder then stock but you would never hear me driving past. I cannot have a catless downpipe where Im at so thats out of the question Im going to list below a couple options Im thinking of please let me know if these are good solutions to add more volume to the car my goal is to get this thing to rip. I am no means a expert on cars or even knowledgable I know the very basics at that.

1: High Flow Downpipe + Stage 2 Tune
2: Straight Pipe the whole exhaust. ( I have no idea if this is even possible as I did the muffler delete res delete idk if theres anything left to straight pipe)
3: Catback Exhaust Obviousley the car will sound nicer/maybe more of a good sounding exhaust sytem rather then volume just worried this would be as loud as my current setup, and would rarely hear it and waste 2,000
4: AxleBack Exhaust This one im not too big on just for the reason of I dont think it will be louder then my current setup. (again i have no idea thoe I am not knowledgable in this at all thats why i came here)

What I want to do is the high flow downpipe seen some clips online combined with muf delete, and res delete and it seems like it made it louder but they all showed catless downpipes which I cant have which makes me concered Ill waste my money with a high flow.
My second best option would be to straight pipe anything else on the car I feel like theres something still "muffling" the sound but all I can find online is res deletes and muffler no idea what else I could do.

Feel free to judge me I know my inline 4 will never be as loud and aggressive as a v8 mustang, but I love this car so much and performance wise it does it all for me, just wish I could fix this sound problem! Any input is more then appreciated
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 06:26 PM   #2
TorBimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330ix

Probably this
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
bquatt218.50
      08-29-2023, 06:33 PM   #3
TorBimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330ix

Ok, but for real. You're already straight-piped. Realistically, the only louder you can get is with a higher flow downpipe. You could also look into increasing the pipe diameter, but that's going to impact your performance, especially on a turbo engine.

Just my 2c, trust me, people can hear your car when it drives by. If you enjoy annoying everyone with the buzzy/farting tone of a straight-piped 4 cylinder, then look into the downpipe.

My suggestion would be to avoid the ricer tag and get an AWE or Dinan exhaust.
Appreciate 1
bquatt218.50
      08-30-2023, 07:49 AM   #4
BLK.G20
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340 Xdrive, 2023 M3CX

Can you post some sounds clips? Why can't you go catless?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 02:24 PM   #5
bquatt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330xi m-sport

Do everyone a favor and go for a moderate exhaust. Keep the rice away from the kraut!
Appreciate 0