BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Where did all the exciting-colored cars go?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #45
KingOfJericho
Major General
KingOfJericho's Avatar
United_States
995
Rep
6,277
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
The 458 is black. And it's for sale for that very reason (too much attention and people trying to strike up convos everywhere I go).

Looking to get a 911 instead. I'm not sure it's possible to get a real sports car thats 150k+ and get no attention.
I think that's likely a reflection of your location. You wouldn't have this same "problem" in Miami, LA, or the NYC suburbs.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle642.00

      09-09-2019, 03:25 PM   #46
b92
Captain
b92's Avatar
United_States
303
Rep
791
Posts

Drives: E92 335is, 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
The 458 is black. And it's for sale for that very reason (too much attention and people trying to strike up convos everywhere I go).

Looking to get a 911 instead. I'm not sure it's possible to get a real sports car thats 150k+ and get no attention.
I would be all over a GT3 Touring if I were you. GT Silver with alloy wheels is a great looking combo and should do a good job flying under the radar.
__________________
2011 E92 335is, Space Grey/Coral Red, 6MT.
Mod list for diagnostic purposes: JB4+MHD BEF, 17psi. BMS DCI, VRSF 7" Street FMIC, VRSF CP, VRSF DPs, secondary cat delete. NGK plugs gapped 0.022", Delphi S55 coils. 93 octane unless noted otherwise.
Appreciate 1
Humdizzle642.00

      09-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #47
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
5418
Rep
4,995
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Dodge has plenty of interesting colors.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #48
heavyD^2
Captain
heavyD^2's Avatar
Canada
871
Rep
893
Posts

Drives: 2018 LBB 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

I do see a lot of different blue's these days which is nice but red has been really neglected. I always considered dark, burgundy stile reds are gross and IMO there aren't enough bright reds. It's sad that Mazda (Soul Red Crystal) offers a nicer red than BMW does as a standard color on most of their lineup.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 03:00 PM   #49
SteveinArizona
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
840
Rep
1,552
Posts

Drives: BMW 530e
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Greater Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I do see a lot of different blue's these days which is nice but red has been really neglected. I always considered dark, burgundy stile reds are gross and IMO there aren't enough bright reds. It's sad that Mazda (Soul Red Crystal) offers a nicer red than BMW does as a standard color on most of their lineup.
True. I really like the Mazda red.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 11:37 PM   #50
GenXer
First Lieutenant
United_States
175
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: BMW, Chevy, Hyundai hybrid
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: here and there

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Have you noticed that manufacturers have similar color options around the same time period? When one company introduced brown metallic, every other company would also have that color available. I have a feeling it's more about the paint supplier who's making the color choice. BMW or Mercedes aren't going to manufacture their own paint they will rely on companies like PPG or BASF.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 02:21 AM   #51
am3r1ka
Second Lieutenant
am3r1ka's Avatar
United_States
386
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
Have you noticed that manufacturers have similar color options around the same time period? When one company introduced brown metallic, every other company would also have that color available. I have a feeling it's more about the paint supplier who's making the color choice. BMW or Mercedes aren't going to manufacture their own paint they will rely on companies like PPG or BASF.
Man it happens every year. The Nardo/Chalk gray phase. Now the San Marina Blue phase w/ BMW & Honda.
__________________
Retired: 2011 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 02:23 AM   #52
am3r1ka
Second Lieutenant
am3r1ka's Avatar
United_States
386
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E90  [0.00]
Personally I like the "muted" colors just for the purpose of staying under the radar. However, I wouldn't mind being caught in Alpina Green or Twilight Purple.
__________________
Retired: 2011 328i
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST