F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Er Vs Vm Catless Downpipes
Studio RSR

11-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #23
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Who's your tuner? My tuner gave me a map that actually passes a sniffer test even without the cats. You may be able to ask your tuner for that.
I'm assuming you're talking about a tuner for a different car? There isn't a tune available that will pass a sniffer test on the B58 is there?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #24
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about a tuner for a different car? There isn't a tune available that will pass a sniffer test on the B58 is there?
Yea we were comparing notes on our Shelby GT500's. Sorry about that.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #25
Roki187
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rocket :-)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
I am happy with my current car situation. I've worked hard to get here.

I have:

16 340xi with every single option they make except for auto trans ($65K window sticker)

14 grabber blue GT500 with 777 whp. bought new, 2900 miles.

1997 Porsche 993 TT white with tan, 28K miles. Bought from original owner with 100% original paint and 79 pages of service history. It was a pricey car but I've always loved it and had a few Turbos in the past. This car is appreciating very rapidly so I hope to see a nice increase in value.

My next car is going to be Italian with a running horse on it. That one is going to take a while since the Porsche tapped me out.
That's a awesome collection you got yourself there friend!!!!!! Love mustangs!!! Super fun all around cars for sure, without breaking the bank. The Porsche on the other hand.......that is on a different planet even compared to beemers. One of the best driving experiences I've ever had was in a 997s TT with Pdk. That's a little out of my budget.

As far as the stang tunes, my termi had a bunch of setups but at the end it was tuned by running with the devil (19psi+125 shot) and the 15 gt I sold recently was tuned by Lund racing. Hoping ford comes out with a factory TT gt500 and I'll pull the trigger. But this upcoming year I think I'll try to get myself into a 6spd supra or a 2jz swap a e36.....the 340xi falls perfectly in the middle as the best daily I've had I think. Ever!!! My payment is $476 without anything down so I'm really happy

Hoping to get a few people to come out to the track next season. Would be nice to get some beemers together and tear into some domestics. My buds e36 m3 runs low 11s with 140+ traps that always draws a crowd ....

Anyway, sorry guys for going off topic. Talking cars always gets me going

Last edited by Roki187; 11-23-2016 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #26
carguy19
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki187 View Post
That's a awesome collection you got yourself there friend!!!!!! Love mustangs!!! Super fun all around cars for sure, without breaking the bank. The Porsche on the other hand.......that is on a different planet even compared to beemers. One of the best driving experiences I've ever had was in a 997s TT with Pdk. That's a little out of my budget.

As far as the stang tunes, my termi had a bunch of setups but at the end it was tuned by running with the devil (19psi+125 shot) and the 15 gt I sold recently was tuned by Lund racing. Hoping ford comes out with a factory TT gt500 and I'll pull the trigger. But this upcoming year I think I'll try to get myself into a 6spd supra or a 2jz swap a e36.....the 340xi falls perfectly in the middle as the best daily I've had I think. Ever!!! My payment is $476 without anything down so I'm really happy

Hoping to get a few people to come out to the track next season. Would be nice to get some beemers together and tear into some domestics. My buds e36 m3 runs low 11s with 140+ traps that always draws a crowd ....

Anyway, sorry guys for going off topic. Talking cars always gets me going
Thanks for the nice words. Like I said I am content with the cars I have right now.

If the GT500 TT comes out, I will be getting rid of mine as well for the new one. My current GT500 went 10.39 @ 141 on drag radials, so its definitely hauling a** . If I really push it and put a full slick on the car and change some of the stock components, I should be able to get the car into the 9s. My car is a bone stock motor, just the way ford rolled it out. Its just all bolt ons. The only mod that required any disassembly was taking off the blower to get it ported by my good friend. (Car picked up 60hp @ the wheels just from the port).

I can talk mustangs for hours, but I don't want to piss any BMW guys off.

The 993 turbo was always a dream car for me. I worked for Porsche in sales when I was 20 years old in 1995-2002, so in selling those cars, and driving them regularly, I fell in love with them and always said I would buy one when I could. (the only Porsche I like better then my 993TT is the 964 turbo (1994 3.6 single turbo) I actually owned one back in 1999-2000, but they are so rare now that they are way out of my price range. They sell for more then double my 993 turbo.

I am a Porsche nut.
What am I saying, I am a car nut and a speed freak like most of us on here.

Nice chatting with you.
Appreciate 1
Roki187126.00